Richie had been watching the girls all night. The setlist had been pretty much the same as usual and he had to chuckle at their reactions as they went down the list until Jon called to Richie to join him in the circle. The plan was for Obie to walk up to Bri right near the end of the song and hand her the ring box.
Richie joined Jon and they started in with Diamond Ring. The look nf the girls faces made him smile. They trully loved the older stuff and in fact he was actually having fun playing it. Yeah cuz of the reason you're playing it.
Richie spotted Obie nearing Bri as the last line was being sung into the last round of the chorus.
She watched him avidly. He was always in such a good mood on stage. During Homebound he'd been on fire. She couldn’t resist the smile that slid onto her lips as they started Diamond Ring. She loved the song, and when he and Jon sang it together she always caught a chill. As she listened, her eyes on Richie alone she felt a tap on her shoulder.
Pulling her gaze from Rich she noticed Obie trying to hand her something. Reaching for it she smiled her thanks and glanced down only to see a small velvet covered box. Her eyes shot to Richie as the song started to end and saw him glance down and wink. She felt her heart start to race as she snapped the box open only to find the most gorgeous understated diamond she’d ever seen winking back at her.
She closed the box quickly, her hand tightening around it safely as it went to her heart, her other hand moving to her lips shakily.She barely noticed as Richie asked Jon if they liked the surprise, her eyes were too intent on the box. And as Jon and Richie started on I’ll be there for you she started to cry.
As the song wound down she saw David and Tico making their way to the stage. During that quiet moment she turned to her friend, who was, as always right beside her. She leaned in and hissed hysterically. "G!"
Geena turned "What? Yea yea I know they played your Diamond ring," She paused dramatically, "Your favorite song nearly. "She started to ramble and tease hoping to forget her own problem for the moment.
She shook her head wildly, "I Know! I don't think it was, well maybe it was planned but LOOK!" She held her hand out to G and unfurled her fingers slowly. "Obie brought this just as they were ending the song. HE WINKED at me when Obie got here! G! What does it mean?"
"Oh fuck me that aint? Holy FUCK ME it IS ! " Geena squealed.
She pulled the box to her chest again, the shakes starting in earnest. "He was so mad, and and and. then he sends this?? G was that a proposal? Oh My God it was wasn't it??"
"I do believe it was. If it wasn't a proposal it was a damned funny way of giving a gift. " Geena grinned. "You gonna put it on or just look at it? Damn that is one fine rock there. "
She shook her head, and felt her hair flying about wildy. "No, can't put it on myself! Bad luck if I do, he has to do it!"
"You are one stubborn bitch you know that? I never guessed you were one to follow superstitions. "
"Look at what happened when I didn't! Jared happened!" Her voice was breathless, her eyes moving back to hone in on Richie. "This time I play it safe."
"I didn't think about that ,but girl you are gonna be the envy of millions of girls. You stole The King's heart "
She clapped a hand over her mouth and tried to not squeak. "Oh my god, what are we gonna tell the girls on the board?"
"I can see it no ! Bri bagged Richie and Geena is knocked up by the Kidd, " Geena tried to chuckle.
Her arm went around her best friend as the laugh started. "Did I ever tell you DLS parties were never dull? I think we just prooved it."
"Well if we only thought back then we be living them on a day to day basis and the angst shit this is better than any fic. But nothing tops the hot mindblowing sex. " Geena snorted.
Jon glanced over at Richie as they finished up with Saturday night and started back to the stage. Clapping a hand on his shoulder he took the moment off mic to ask. "Well?"
Richie pointed to Bri and Geena who were talking a mile a minute. "I think its a yes," and laughed.
Jon glanced back at Bri and almost started to laugh aloud. She was jittering so hard he was sure her teeth would be loosened. "Yeah well she does look a bit excited there."
"Told ya I knew my girl. " Richie caught her gaze and smiled.
He snagged his maracas in preparation for Keep the Faith. Richie's life was settling, and so would his again it seemed. Not that he wanted to be settled again dammit, he'd just gotten clear of all the shit from the past.Nothing else he could do about it though, he wasn't the type of man to run from a problem. He'd just have to suck it up and deal. Just like always Jonny boy, get your ass in a trap and end up suffering for 20 fuckin' years.
Starting off on Keep The Faith he sang and shook his ass for all he was worth. If anything could get Geena going it was the shimmy shake. Nerves built as each song flowed through him, the minutes seeming to drag with insane slowness, but finally the guitar was around him and he was launching into Livin' in Sin.
He sang it with all the feeling he could muster, his eyes moving to Richie as he gave the indication for the extra filler to the end of the song. As the final words of Chapel faded, his eyes found Geena's in the audience and he pointed.
Geena was dancing along to Keep the faith. Oh how he knew how to get her motor running. As the songs drifted into one another she almost forgot her predicament. Then he started the beginning of Living In Sin. She nearly broke down mid song. Beside Diamond Ring this was her absolute favorite song, but the words to this hit closer to home than before. When he slipped into Going To the Chapel in, well at first it was a tease to Richie and Bri or so she thought, she even chuckled. Then his eyes met with hers and he pointed. She froze, her heart beat like it was gonna climb out of her chest. Good God he can't mean no fucking way!
She didn't want to turn to Bri because she was afraid she might have imagined it all . Her hand slipped down unconciously to her stomach as she watched him play out the rest of the night. She honestly didn't know what to feel, the last songs were a blur as she kept hearing Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married running thru her head.
He grinned through the end of the encore, his eyes often returning to Geena. If anyone could look surprised it was her. She was beating Bri out for the shocked look. As the concert ended and they took their bows he glanced at Richie. "Look at Geena, think shes as shocked as Bri?" As Richie's curious look he snorted, "Chapel man?"
Richie glanced at Bri then Geena who looked like she was gonna faint any second, then back to Jon "Ok what was up with Chapel? Were ya making a dig at us? I don't get it otherwise. And why is G so pale and lookin' like she is gonna go down for the count? "
He put a hand on Richie's shoulder as they walked off stage. "My way of saying the same damn thing to Geena that you said to Bri. Seems I'm gonna be a dad again man."
Richie was taking a drink of water and spit it out "You're what? Ok whatcha put in my water cuz I know I just didn't hear you right? "
He dropped into a chair taking a towel that was offered to rub his hair vigorously. "Yeah You heard me right. She thinks she's pregnant man."
"If it was anyone but G I would say make sure you get it checked." Richie almost took a step back as Jon's head shot up, the stink eye in residence. "Woah there Kidd! I just thought you were careful. You sure 'bout this? You always said no more kids?" Richie asked the question from behind his own towel as he wiped the sweat off his face.
"She's sure." He grunted and leaned back, the towel over his face. "Want them or not, she's sure and I dont fuck off on responsibility. Not like I can undo it, and I'm pretty fuckin' sure considering who I am and who she is that even suggesting abortion would get my balls whacked off."
He heard the chittering down the hall and took a deep breath. Time to play happy Jonny. You're only trading up in straight jackets. You've done it before you can do it again. SMILE that smile man. He snorted and rolled his eyes. "You're about to be accosted Rich."
"But get married again? You don't have to do that to be responsible for your kid." Richie watched his friend, the chittering behind him making him smile.
"My kid won't be no bastard Sambora." His lips snapped shut as a ear splitting squeal made him wince. Glancing out from under the towel he saw Bri pushing a box into Richie's hands. Well fuck shes gonna say no?
Richie glanced down. "Something wrong Darlin'?" His stomach started tying itself in knots as she stuffed the box back into his hand. Well fuck. She ain't saying no is she?
"Huh? Wha? Nooo!"She shoved the box into his hands again. "You have to, You.." She stomped her foot and huffed to blow her hair from her eyes. "Bad luck for me to put it on myself dammit."
Richie let out a deep sigh of relief. " Gladly. Sabrina would you do the honors of my becoming my wife? " He dropped to one knee as he plucked the ring out of the box. Taking her hand he slid the glittering ring onto the correct finger.
Her hands went around his neck as he stood up. She lifted her lips to his, a whispered yes turning into a kiss. As she pulled back she hugged him tightly."I'm so glad you're not mad anymore."
"No baby I'm not, but you DO understand there are two in this relationship now?" Richie murmured against her skin as he gave her a series of small sweet pecks.
"I promise I'll make you happy, I swear it."
"You already do baby, " he held her tightly
No comments:
Post a Comment