Carly paced around her bedroom as she packed her small carry on bag. A couple of nagging questions kept surfacing in the back of her mind. Bri and Richie she could explain...not necessarily approve of, but at least explain.
But what about Geena and Jon? Jon had repeatedly said in interviews that he was not looking for a committed relationship any time soon.. And in all of her talks with G. marriage or the thoughts of never came through. So what had them wanting to head to a justice of the peace so quickly?
She couldn't stand it any longer. Picking up her cell she punched in the short cut for Geena's number and held her breath...
Geena grumbled as her phone sang out with the chorus to Jersey Girl. Blindly reaching for the phone she opened it. "Hello," she replied sleepily
"Hey G! It’s me Carly. Sorry to wake you girl but I need an explanation!"
"Caro what? " She glanced at the clock then at Jon who stirred then turned on his side as she sat up. "Is something wrong?"
"Well, you tell me! I just got off the phone with David...he is flying in to sweep me away to Las Vegas for 'in his words' a couple of weddings!" She shook her head and continued. "I need an explanation girl friend!'
Geena winced at her tone. "Isn't it great? Richie and Bri are so happy. She will be happier once you get here though," she replied trying to change the subject .
"Uhummm, that covers ONE WEDDING! What about YOU?"
"What about it ? He asked, I said yes." Geena bit her bottom lip knowing Carly wouldn't accept that as an answer, her hand sliding down absent mindedly to her still flat stomach.
"Excuse me?!?! Mister 'no commitments' just asked out of the blue and you said yes? Pardon me if I just don't buy that!'
Geena held the phone away from her ear, quickly glancing over to Jon who opened his eye briefly and groaned out "Who's that? "
"Its Carly, shh just go back to sleep. " Geena stood up and leaned down and kissed him. " Be back in a few.” Watching his eyes closed she turned and made her way to the living room to finish her call.
"I'm still here Geena! I’m still waiting for a reasonable explanation girl friend!"
"Ok let me close the door so I don’t wake him any further ," Geena replied hastily as she shut the door and went to the couch. "You wanna know why? I'm knocked up. Okay? That’s why he's marrying me . "
"Oh," Carly gulped and sat down on her bed. The past teased her mind, rushing to her memory as she Winced from a sudden pain that sliced though her head. "Are you sure Geena?" she asked quietly.
Geena pulled her legs up and under her hips. " I dunno. I never wanted him like this but he insists. And you know HRH ,that’s the way things go. " She sighed as she fought back the tears that wanted to fall.
Carly sighed and rubbed her aching temples. "Geena, honey, talk to me. You know you don't have to marry him just to have his baby...And speaking of babies...How the hell did this happen?!?!"
"I know but he says he don't want his child to be a bastard. " Geena sighed, "Well , I haven’t taken the pill since asshole and I separated; I just didn't see a reason too, and well Jon gets me going and I forget it. Hell he got so hot one night…."
"So HRH is too high and mighty to wear a bit of latex? Figures..." She sighed again and got off her bed, reaching for an Ibuprofen, she quickly washed it down with a bit of water and continued "G...I understand his motivation but what about you? Can you honestly tell me it’s more then just lust and fan fantasy?"
Geena’s eyes rolled, " You gonna ask Bri that too?” She chuckled at Carly’s little ehh noise. “Listen, I know he isn't happy about this baby, hell the man has four kids as it is, two are almost grown now. To start over again isn't what he was wanting. What am I to do or feel Caro ? " Geena replied sadly, "I can’t help it, I love him."
"You do? Then you have to follow what your heart tells you girl! I'll stand behind you, what ever your decision will be!" she said quietly but firmly.
Geena laid down on the couch. " See that’s the thing. I know I shouldn't because I know he isn’t wanting to do this, he isn’t marrying me for love and, " She paused, "that hurts . I see Richie and Bri so in love and marrying for that reason and I want that too Caro. " A tear slid down her cheek and she brushed it away with her finger.
Carly' cringed at the pain in her friend’s voice "But he does care about you girl,' she whispered, wiping away her own tears..."I know he does!'
"How do you know when I don't even know? Sure the sex is amazing, but his emotions? Forget finding out about those, he closes himself off well, I can't even tell. " Geena snorted, " Go figure. The Jovimistress who thought she could reach him doesn't even know if she can. "
"I saw him looking at you...watching you when you weren't looking...I could see it wasn't all about lust. Geena, you're listening to your head! Listen to your heart! What is it telling you?"
Geena sat up quickly "You're not just saying that? But to marry me? I feel like I'm trapping him Caro."
"Some how I don't see someone as controlling as HRH is allowing himself to be trapped!"
"I watch Bri and Richie and its all love you can see it. I want that too but I don't think I will get that. Would he marry me if I wasn't pregnant? No, " Geena answered stubbornly.
"G...did I ever tell you about my paternal great grandparents? The ones I was named for? Carl and Rachel?"
"No you didn't."
"Well, they had an arranged marriage, which was the norm for those times. She was 16 and he was 19. They started out as complete strangers that had never met until their wedding day. They were together for 50 years.”
"And they didn't regret being forced into the marriage? " Geena listened intently for the answer.
“Through thick and thin, through pogroms and Revolution, war and peace their love for each other developed and grew thru the years. It’s still spoken about in my family! So you see, you and Jon are starting out with soo much more feelings for each other then they did! Maybe you should give it a chance... Your love for him may just be that small ember that will ignite the fire!”
"I just don't want him to hate me for this," Geena replied sadly. "Maybe, you think, I can love enough for the both of us?"
"Sweety, he is the one asking! You're not the one doing the trapping! And your love for him will prevent you from doing anything to hurt him!"
“How did this get so fuckin' complicated? Where is the Jovi Mistress that said she would whip him into shape? " Geena snorted as she glanced to the closed bedroom door.
"The Mistress shed her leathers and dropped her whip and opened up her heart!'
"Yea I opened it big time. Now I'm gonna be a wife and mother and I'm scared to death, " Geena admitted.
"Sweety, just remember, you're not alone! Bri and I will be there for you. And we have two big guys at our sides who will be willing to kick HRH's glorious ass when we ask them!"
Geena laughed "Ya think? Ok might pay to see that one," she yawned into the phone.
"Well, little mama...you sound like you need to get some rest! You know a bride needs her beauty sleep! Go and get into that bed with Jon Bon Jovi girl friend! I'll see you in few hours..if I survive that plane trip that is..."
'Yea in a few hours I'm gonna be Mrs. Bongiovi who would of thunk it ... " Geena snorted. " Don't have too much fun on the flight darlin'. "
"G, I'm flying with Joker! How can I possibly not have fun?!?!?!" Carly snickered.
"True, Carly I am so happy for you. Joker is a sweetheart of a guy. The Joker isn't the only one that has missed you though. "
"OK sweety, If I'm to see you tie that knot...I've got to run! I'll see you in few hours...take care of your self and that little baby you've got! Love ya girl friend!'
"Ok be careful have a safe flight see you in a few hours. Love you too and thanks for listening to a hormonal girl ramble. " Geena smiled and started to walk to the bedroom.
Carly is a cool chick just not sure I agree with her advice to Geena. As for Geena at least she realizes the reason why Jon asked her to marry him. Still don't like though.
ReplyDelete