The ride to the arena was much more pleasant than the ride to Los Angeles had been. When they found out Bri was still around the tension had lessened dramatically.
Richie for now was gonna allow her to hide in the shadows, but he knew at the the first sign of trouble he was gonna go after her. Richie had checked into where Matt had placed her and immediately demanded that he make different arrangements. If she was determined to hide in the shadows then it would be high class shadows for her. He also had Matt checking on her frequently to make sure she was safe. He was to ghost the hotel and anywhere she went .
"We will get him Darlin I promise you then you can come back to me " Richie vowed to himself as he settled into his suddenly way too quiet and silent hotel room. Damn amazing how quick you get used to a woman's sound and things around you.
Geena plopped down on the bed and turned on the tv . Jon was doing another phone interview so there was nothing for her to do right now . He did promise a day for them and as hurt as she had been over the accusations slung her way she still forgave him because if the situations were reversed she would have done the same damn thing.
Geena turned her head when she heard Jon speak the last part. Oh he must be doing a promo. When he spoke the date aloud her her brain sprang to attention. "OH hell it can't be . Shit I'm -- not has to be stress of Bri vanishing!" She muttered to herself, her mind racing one hundred miles an hour. She was late! Oh god don't panic I can still start-- I hope .
He glanced up as Geena bolted from the bed towards the bathroom, his brow arching. She'd looked pale the last couple of days. He hoped she wasn't getting ill. Having a virus or anything of that nature was the true shits when it was a new town every other day.
He placed a hand over the receiver and called out, "You okay in there?"
Geena flushed the toilet opened the door and spoke. "Yea, just a bug I think or my nerves.” She bit her bottom lip, she couldn't be no way . This so wasn't the time for this. Although she had always wanted kids, she knew from interviews Jon was done with the entire thing.
He finished up the interview then cradled the receiver before standing to move to the rest room. He needed to check on her, she never stayed in that long. I hope to fuck she ain't throwin' up. I can barely hold mine in if its one of the kids.
Geena splashed cold water on her face and opened the door. She tried to avoid looking into his eyes , she wasn't good at lying, her eyes never lied . "Oh hey there, You need in?"
"Nah," He winked as his hand lifted to brush her hair back to sneakily check for a temperature. "You sure you're okay? It's been a rough few days I know."
"It's probably something I ate or nerves. You know I worry about Bri, " Geena answered as she walked slowly to the bed the room spinning a little bit. "Whoa okay maybe its not what I ate."
He quickly moved up behind her, his hands settling around her waist as he guided her to the bed. "I could kick ...." His voice trailed off quickly. Telling Geena he could kick Bri's ass for worrying her wouldn't lessen the stress levels. "Just lay here babe, Maybe you're just over tired."
"You wore me out," she teased half heartedly.
He slid down beside her and pulled her back into his chest grinning. "Yeah we'll go with that one. Much more preferable than I make you sick."
'Nothin' about you makes me sick," she chuckled. " Don't you have shelters to go to or phone calls to make?"
He growled slightly. "Unfortunately, but not for a couple of hours baby, and those won't take long, then you and I are going to have a nice long quiet night."
"I like the sound of that. I love watching you work, but I kinda like having you to myself once and awhile too. There is something we need to talk about however. My job, I have to go back sooner or later, and my house . "
He nodded. "I've been thinking on that one Geena. Do you really love your job? Does it, well, does it make you happy? Never thought to ask you before."
She raised her head. "Working in a department store?" She snickered. "Oh yes playing nice to grouchy customers is my life's ambition."
His hands caressed her arms easily as he listened. "What did you want to do with your life then? I'm sure as fuck it wasn't that."
"I honestly don't know. Never thought about it before. I was married for awhile and I stayed home, then we divorced and I just been working there ever since."
He grinned as his plan started to come together. "Well you seem really adept at the web stuff. I been thinking, we need a person who can handle the online stuff, ya know facebook, that twitter ya love. Matt's ok, but hes too fuckin' busy to really do much."
"You want me to handle your pr stuff on twitter and facebook? You're shitting me. That could be dangerous," she teased as one hand lifted to brush his cheek.
He coughed, "Nah, I've seen how professionally you can handle yourself. If you wouldn't give up the info to your friends," He shrugged. "It's just announcements or posting pics. What damage could you do really?" His brows waggled, "The pay is right."
'The pay is fantastic . Ok don't let that get your ego goin' . Oh by the way, I wanted to say thanks for what you tried to do on our forum "
His fingers dug in slightly, "I didn't mean THAT kind of pay woman. Fuck. I meant in dollars and cents. You can keep the house up but still travel. How often that gonna come up in your life?" Not like I do this for everyone, but for you? Fuck I gotta keep you around somehow.
"Did it help? The post that is."
"Sorry you should know the gutter mind I have by now . If I'm dreaming this all please don't wake me." She glanced up only to see him frown slightly as she avoided answerin. "Well we got ones that said its not you blah blah blah. Then there were the ones who actually asked how you dared talk to them like that."
"Oh good fuck, what do I have to do? Make a sound or video byte?" He considered that idea for a moment and filed it away. He'd be in the studio with Obie soon, that could be taken care of. "I'll figure something out babe. And you give that job offer a thought or two."
"You know as much as I love that board I love you more. I appreciate you doing this when you stepped in when and agreed to bring us here. I already thought about it ." She winked, "What do I have to go home to an empty bed ?? I mean come on that or.. " her finger lifted to point to him, "I think I'll take the job."
He leaned in and pressed a kiss to her forehead, relieved to find it still cool. "Well I ain't gonna fuckin' bitch about the extra benefits for me there. We'll get you set up with that before the LA Show."
Slipping from the bed he started towards the door. "I'll be back in a couple hours baby. Try to rest."
"Wake me when you get back," Geena muttered. Her troubled thoughts resurfaced again with a vengence once he left. Oh yeah I'm really gonna rest. Dammit Bri where are you?
I do believe there is going to be a little Bongiovi soon. Wonder how Jon is going to react to be a daddy again.
ReplyDelete