He kept up the pace, his fingers tightly grasping her arm as he guided her from the building. Anger started to simmer as she pulled back and fought him as politely as she could. What the hell was up with that? She wasn't screaming, wasn't doing much other than trying to hinder his exit, but it was enough to feed the anger he'd felt bubbling for days.
Stopping for a brief moment he leaned in to her, "Fight me much more and I"ll make it a mission to kill that fucker that's been encroaching on my property."
Her eyes went wide and shocky at the words. She'd known it all along. He'd hurt Rich if he could. Nodding swiftly she stopped hindering his pace, following along meekly, her eyes darting back and forth, her head twisting to look for security. FIND ME, GOD don't let him get me now. FIND ME!
Geena panicked as she watched Bri be drug off into the sea of people. She grabbed a security guard and yelled. "GO after them NOW! HE Got her!! "
He nodded and motioned to others to follow him as they rushed in the direction she'd pointed.
Each man remembered well what their boss had said. There was a looney on the loose, if those women yelled help they were to help.
Geena watched for a moment to make sure they had followed Jared then pushed her way through the crowd and broke into a run for backstage. She ran into Rew who was standing right doorway to backstage.
"OH God Mike he got her we gotta get her back HELP!!" Geena screamed hysterically.
He glanced up curiously. "Uh hi Geena who got who?"
"Jared has Bri! He took her out. I couldn't get her in time, I sent security but we gotta get to her before he takes her away and we never find her!"
Rew nodded and turned. He'd been told to alert Jon or Richie if shit went south. "Security is on it?" He started off to the dressing rooms. Skidding to a halt in the doorway he glanced around at the few VIPS scattered here an there.
"Uhh Jon? Rich? The birdie flew the coop."
Richie was the first to break into a run. " Where? Which way?"
Geena was shaking but managed to point in the general direction. Her voice was vibrating in her terror, her body shaking so hard her fingers trembled. " Out of the arena!"
Jon started cursing under his breath as he hot footed it after Rich. They weren't fuckin' cops for god sakes, but he knew that wouldn't stop Sambora. "Fuck fuck fuck. Where are they?"
As a security guard muttered through the ear pieces he still had on, he grabbed for Richie and angled for the west exit. "This way bro."
Richie turned fast and made his way to the western exit, nearly taking it off its hinges. He skidded to a halt to glance around hoping to see which car before it was too late. As he glanced left he saw a hunched figure fighting something into a back door. Growling he took off in that direction, his hand grasping onto a muscular shoulder as he yelled.
"Let Go Of her Asshole!"
Jared finished shoving Bri into the car and turned, his hand slipping to his jacket pocket. "And how do you plan on making me rockstar? Shes my wife, she's goin willing like even." His voice sing songed as he turned back to the car a moment, "aren't you Sabrina dear?"
"She isn't your wife anymore fuckwad, you're divorced!! Get that through your damn thick skull." Richie moved in slowly his eyes honed on the man's hand inside the pocket. I'll get you back no matter what it takes Bri, just hang on.
Jared's hand tightened around the knife. He'd maim the fucker trying to stop him. As his hand started back from his pocket he felt a shove forward. "What the fuck?"
Bri scooted to the other side of the car after kicking at his back. Rich was out there, Rich was going to get hurt. She had to do something, even if it ended up with her living in the closet afterwards. She pulled in all the breath she had and screamed, "RUN RICH!!"
"Fuck IF I run," he muttered as his hands flashed out to grab the freak barring his way to Sabrina. He twisted his arm back and pulled, shoving him into the hood of the car. "What were you saying fucker? Now drop it !! "
Jared screamed as arms banded around him. "You won't stop me from getting her back. She's MINE!"
Richie let his anger rise then, the anger he'd always kept on a tight leash. This man didn't deserve anything but pain. As Jared kept screaming his fist cocked back and drilled into the man's face, not once, not twice but as many times as he could throw it. His body pushed in harder against the lunatic as the punches moved from face to solar plexus. "She's not yours, she never was, she never will be. Get this, She belongs to herself, and she gave that to ME to protect. You so much as breathe close to her again and you'll go down. Got THAT Jared?"
Jared's screech of anger vibrated through the night. How dare this rock star tell him what he could and couldn't do with his wife? He'd find out soon enough. He was still cursing as the security detail surrounded him, continued his rant as they pulled the fists away from him. His diatribe was still going strong as they shoved him into the police car. They couldn't keep him in jail for long. He'd be back after his wife soon. "I'LL BE BACK FOR YOU SOON SABRINA! YOU'LL SEE!"
"Just try it asshole! Your new address will be in the cemetary," Richie threatened as he stepped forward again, his urge to maim not quenched.
Jared yelled back before the police car door slammed, "We'll see who dies first Jackass!"
Richie felt the arms around him, the removal of Jared helping his anger to cool slightly. Glancing around he saw Jon, David and Tico all three holding him back. His brow quirked upwards at Jon's snort.
"Always knew it would take all of us to hold ya down if you ever truly let go."
Richie managed a half grin as he shrugged, "Yeah well lemme go now, I got a lady to retrieve."
Richie pulled free and stepped to the car Jared had shoved Bri into. Reaching into the car, his hand beckoned to the woman shivering on the backseat. "Baby its ok. You can come to me; he's gone now."
She squeezed her eyes closed, trying to catch one deep breath. He was going to hurt Richie. She managed to wheeze out a "RUN" as tears began the to along her cheeks. "He don't go away. Just run!"
"I'm not goin' anywhere, c'mere baby, he's headed to jail now. " Richie kept his hand outstretched, his anger fleeing as his patience arose. If he had to stand here all night he would. He'd wait until she was ready to come to him.
She opened her eyes and all she saw was Rich and his hand. "Jail?"
'Yes darlin' he is going to jail. You're safe now baby."
She inched her way across the seat, knowing that couldn't be right. Jared had his ways. He'd be back and Richie would be dead. It would be her fault for loving him. Placing a trembling hand into his she slowly got out of the car, only to shiver as his strong arms wrapped around her. "I need.. I.."
She needed to go, but she jsut couldn't say the words.
Richie wrapped his arms around her tightly. " Shhhhhh its all ok now."
Jon watched as the police car pulled away, his arms tugging Geena tighter to him, his ever watchful gaze on Richie and Bri. "See babe? Told you we'd handle it. He's where he needs to be now."
"I won't believe it til he is in a prison cell for life." Geena shuddered and buried her face into his shoulder. " He always finds a way out."
He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, his hand gently caressing along her spine. "He never had two seriously pissed off Jersey men on his ass before baby. Fuck that. Four Jersey men and crew too, cuz fuck if David, Tico and the rest of the crew are just as pissed."
He nodded towards the rest of the band and crew, Dave and Teek beside him and the crew who surrounded them. "You don't fuck with what's ours baby."
Geena glanced up to see all the angry faces staring back at her. "But you don't understand he -- I never let him get to me before but when I saw him take off with her -- I thought I would never see her again . I should have watched more closely."
He tugged her closer and sighed, "Baby, I was watching, I know it doesnt seem like it, I'm all over the stage, but thats for a good reason. I see more that way. I saw you holding on to her, I saw her pull away and move to watch Richie. You just can't be there every second, its not your job baby. "
"Yea it is. I'm her best friend. I just hope she is ok. I dont want her to slip back into the shell she used to be in."
His eyes rolled at the words. No one could stay in a shell around Richie, he'd just drag them out again with his booming laugh and gentle heart. He'd often said Rich lit up a room by entering, and it was fuckin' true.
He tugged her closer and started towards Richie and Bri. She needed to see that everything was ok, only to have his brow flick up at the words he was hearing.
"I gotta go Rich. I gotta go now, home, anywhere. I can't stay, I just can't."
"Baby you can't go. Don't you get it? You're protected here. I'll protect you." Richie's voice was soft but insistent. "This is where you belong now."
She quieted as Jon and Geena walked up. He wouldn't listen. He thought he knew what was best, but he didn't know Jared. "Can we just go back to the hotel now? Please?"
"Sure baby lets go." Richie slung an arm over her pulling her in tight. He gave Jon an I can't lose her look, we gotta do something, and walked her to the van.
Jon winced as he walked Geena towards the ride home. "Would she just vanish babe?"
Geena grew quiet then spoke. "Yes, she did it on me when she first left him."
He glanced at Richie cuddled up to Bri and winced. "Any way to stop her?"
"If Richie can't get her to stay I don't think anyone can. She aint gonna listen to me. She is too frightened for him."
His soul went cold at the tone of her voice. "Why would she be afraid for him?"
"Because when Jared threatens something he usually follows through. I know that better than most. I've been there."
"Woah, wait the fuck a minute. He threatened Rich?"
"You didn't hear him scream the threat? He means it."
He settled her into the car, his eyes honing in on his friend with intensity. "I hear there were threats Bro?"
Geena elbowed him, but Richie growled "He ain't shit I can take him out fast. I aint worried."
Bri jittered in her seat as she watched the night sky fly past. Rich just didn't get it. Jared was damned sneaky and mean. She took a hard swallow and almost flinched, "He said he'd see who died first. YOU know he means it Rich." She shook her head, wishing she could jump from the speeding car. "It's why I need to move on. I can't have you getting hurt."
"Baby no don't go . WE are safe nothing is gonna happen, I can promise you that. Please don't leave." Richie's words were soft as he kept stroking her hair.He had to find a way to assure her of that.
She lay her head on his shoulder and sighed. Stubborn man, stubborn friends. They just didn't get it. It was her job to keep them all safe. She'd been the idiot to marry Jared way back when. It was the least she could do.
Great chapter! Lovin' the "pissed off Jersey men"! Who wouldn't feel safe with them watching your back? Can't wait to see what happens next...
ReplyDelete