She stepped into his hotel room, her brow flicking up as she glanced back. "Less than twenty miles from home and you're in a hotel room. Sometimes I wonder about you Richard."
She side stepped his hand and moved to the window still clutching her bag as she turned to watch him quietly. "I know you don't like the fact that I vanished, but it was the only way I could handle things."
He couldn't stop the smile caused by her statement. Yeah, I know it seems odd, being here when the house is so close, but Darlin' it's easier this way. I go home for even the night, especially with you? Lets just say I might not wanna leave." He paused a moment before continuing, "I need you to give me the gun now Sabrina."
Richie walked over and wrapped his arms around her tightly, his head dipping low as he nuzzled her neck . God I came too damn close. I almost lost her forever. What if she had used the gun and missed? He ruthlessly shoved away the fear that very thought inspired and continued. "I don't want you using that gun baby. I don't know what I'd do with myself if something went wrong."
She shook her head. He'd just asked for the gun? He didn't want her to use it? Let her ex get near, she'd use it, she knew it. "I'll go to hell for lying if I say I won't. I'll kill him in cold blood before he EVER does anything to me again."
"What the fuck would that solve Sabrina? Did you ever think, just once of the what ifs? What if you missed and he killed you instead? What then? I would lose you." Richie's growl rumbled in his throat as he watched her tense by degrees. She don't fuckin' get it? What can I do to get it through that thick skull of her that I mean what I say? I'd be lost without her.
The bag twisted in her hands as he growled low and long. No man should be able to growl and still sound that sexy. She took a deep breath and steeled herself against the threatening needy feeling winding its way through her. She risked a glance his way a quirky lopsided smile on her lips. "Okay, admittedly I can't shoot very well but I'll figure it out. I won't miss, I won't."
'Yea keep telling yourself that. In the mean time he would have it out of your hands and he would shoot you. Then you know what I would do? I would have to kill him because he took you away from me. Do you honestly want that ? " He practically screamed as his grip on her arms grew tighter. "You're mine to protect, mine to take care of, don't you GET IT Sabrina?"
She dropped her eyes to the floor and mumbled, "He's not your problem Richard. He's mine. Mine because I let him do what he did for so long. Mine because I didnt stop this stupid crap sooner. He will quit being my problem when he's dead."
She couldn't tell him of the plan, the one to find him if he made bail, the one of outright cold blooded murder. She just hoped with his anger he wasn't as good at reading her nmind as usual.
He quickly whipped her around to face him, his eyes dark with fury "How dare you say it/s not my problem? I love you dammit. That makes him my problem. I'll do whatever I have to do to keep you from doing anything foolish."
He reached down suddenly yanking her purse away, his eyes going wide and shocky as he peered inside."God! Bri what the fuck? This is a fuckin' 45 caliber! Damned thing has a kickback that would knock you on that fine ass of yours. You don't stand a fucking chance with the asshole if you use this. "
She shivered at the pure anger in his voice. He'd never gotten angry, not when the guitars were mixed up, not when the sound was all weird, not even the night Jared first appeared. She'd began to wonder if he could even GET that angry. She shrugged slightly and mumbled, her voice suddenly deserting her. "Well, it would make a nice big hole when I hit hm."
"If you hit him. You better pray you do cuz if he gets a hold of it I can just bet he does know how to you use it! Why are you being so stubborn about this? You can't expect to actually kill him do you?"
She glanced up then, her heart in her eyes as her breathing went ragged. "Yes."
"Well you aint doing it." His hand slipped into the bags recesses and reached in for the gun. "I am keeping it, no fuck that shit, I'm going to get rid of it. You stay put while I get rid of this before you harm yourself." Richie stormed out of the room and a few moments later he returned ."There now I don't have to worry about you."
"What did you do with it?"
"I'm not tellin," Richie answered.
"You know its registered to me, if you threw it away I could get arrested for anything." She waggled her brows, trying to get the info from him. Whoever had it she'd get it back somehow.
"I am not telling so you might as well forget you ever got that gun."
She watched him quietly a moment, relieved that he seemed calmer. "I couldn't bear it if he'd come after you Rich. I know, your big and strong and Jersey, but hes nuts and that trumps your cards. I couldn't risk . I can't ... " She sighed, one hand moving up to massage her brow. "I could stand getting hurt, couldn't stand losing you."
"Don't you see that would kill me if you got hurt? So let me worry about protecting you. Don't worry about me . I am not a pansy ass rockstar." His brow waggled a moment, "We do have friends or did you forget that?" Are the incredulous look on her face he snorted, "Oh yes that is really true and not a rumor. "
She took a step forward, her brow furrowing. "You gotta be shittin' me. Don't say that kind shit Richard, even in jest."
"You think I would kid about that shit? Jonny and I know people," Richie said seriously.
She shivered and took a step back, the serious intent in his eyes had her blood running fire hot and ice cold in turn. "Guess you do meet all types in the business you're in."
"That and we both are Italian I am half but he is full blooded so think on that . All I have to do is give Jon the thumbs up and it would be taken care of."
She started to laugh, she couldn't help it. "Last interview I saw you claimed to be 100% polish."
"You can't believe everything we throw out in an interview missy," He grinned.
She snorted slightly. She wasn't sure what to do or say. He'd taken her phone, now her gun, he knew people for goodness sakes.
"What ? Don't believe me?"Richie flashed that cheeky grin. "I could call Jonny boy now but I think he might sick them on me if I interupt his punishment time."
She shivered as his voice went low and deep on the word punishment, her throat working as she swallowed hard. "He punish like you do?"
"We don't tell secrets of the brotherhood. But needless to say Geena is in for an interesting time of it . He don't give his heart to anyone so she will get what is comin' to her "
Her eyes widened slightly for a moment, still honed on his face as she tried to gauge his feelings. "Im sure Geena will be suitably chastised considering."
"Without a doubt, she will think twice in doing that to him, actually to all of us. Honestly, I have to say I'm partially grateful for what she did, but let me tell you I wanted to throttle her at the same time too. "
"You should have." She shivered as all the scary ideas of what Jared could have done swept through her. "You all should have."
"Well I think Jonny will take care of her, like I'm gonna take care of you. " Richie pulled her closer as his mind raced ahead, planning his way through how to teach her he meant business.
Her breath wooshed from her as he hauled her into his chest, her eyes widening as she tilted her head and pushed the most innocent look onto her face taht she could. "Take care of?"
"You been a very naughty girl Sabrina now what shall I do about that ? "
She grinned and gave him a wink. "Forgive me?"
"I think you need some punishment too. You need to learn I mean business Darlin', I'm not just some goofy laugh a minute man when it comes to my relationships. Easy going as hell usually, but when its important.... " He let his words trail off.
She squeaked as her hands slipped around his waist then up under his teeshirt. "Nothing you can do is punishment baby."
"Are you so sure 'bout that ? "Richie asked the question as he tugged her hair tilting her head back.
She whimpered quietly as he tugged her hair back, her eyes closing quickly, "Ahhhhhh.... maybe?"
"Now what shall be you're punishment?" He leaned in and nipped at her bottom lip
She shivered at the nibble, her heart thudding in her chest. "I...I... dunno.. whatever you feel is best.."
Richie kissed her breathlessly before leading her to the bed, She needed to learn not to scare him, hell she needed to learn she wasn't out there alone. There was only one thing that would bring that home to her, missing what they had, slight taste of what might have been as it were. He laid her gently on the bed and crawled in beside her nibbling on her ear. "You have been a bad bad girl."
She glanced at him curiously, the dark simmering anger mixed with frustration still evident in his eyes. "I did what I felt I had to Rich. Why can't you get that?"
"Oh I get that. What I don't get is how you didn't trust us, hell more than that why you didn't trust me. Instead of doing what an adult would do, you ran away from the boogie man, then bought a gun that no way could you handle. Nope bad girl," Richie said. "What should your punishment be hmm?"
Her eyes moved to his chest, her hands up to brush over the teeshirt hidden muscles before she muttered lightly, "you already took the gun."
"Yes I did and don't even think about trying to figure out where I took it too either," Richie warned as he lightly ran his hand over her arm before leaning in to trail a line of kisses along her collar bone.
She tried to hold back the wince and failed. She'd already thought of who to ask about it. "Ummm sure Rich."
"That's not convincing enough." His hand slid lower, spreading her thighs before brushing his hand lightly across the thin piece of cotton that covered her.
She couldn't top the shiver that raced through her as his hand lightly caressed over her inner thighs. She didn't need that big old thing any ways. She'd been toting it forever. She'd just have to do something different. Like buy a new smaller gun I can maybe really handle.
"No answer? Whats goin' on in the pretty little head of yours Darlin'?" Richie murmured in her ear as his hand continued sweetly torturing her
She glanced up and grinned brightly. "I won't ask anyone about the gun Rich. Honest."
"If I find out you do.... " Richie shook his head then rolled over onto his back, his hands going up to pillow his head. "In the mean time I am really tired." He feigned a yawn, his gaze slipping to hers for the reaction he knew would come.
She couldn't stop the giggle at the dramatic yawn, her brows arching as he actually scooted away from her. "You're never tired when its time for Bed" the word emphasised quietly. "Always ready and you know it."
"Tonight I am darlin," He yawned again slowly closing his eyes as he settled in.
She pushed up to a seated postion, a slight frown forming on her lips as she studied him intently. "Why?"
"Why what? I had a hard night I'm tired, " Riche said as he watched her reaction thru half closed eyes.
Her mouth dropped open at the words. "Never stopped you before."
She watched quietly, his entire body posture one of some crazy mixture of tensed relaxation. In some odd ways the room's atmosphere felt like the night he admitted to his need for kink. "But you're always so full of energy after a show."
"Yea well with the stress you girls gave me I'm exhausted."He yawned again.
Her brow flicked up as he yawned again. What the hell was he up to? Was he trying to punish her for doing what she felt right? Her eyes widened as she considered that thought a moment.
She slipped to the edge of the bed, more to test her theory than anything. "I see, you're tired. I'll just go lay on the chaise in the sitting area, so you can rest. AFTER ALL you being tired is my punishment right? No goodies for the very bad girl."
She took a step towards the door. "Never mind how miserable I was in the doing of it, forget I did it for you," she nodded. "Punish me, make me do without. just remember baby..." She stopped at the door and smiled. "I won't be the only one doing without."
Richie sat up suddenly. "Oh no you won't. You get your ass back to this bed where you belong." he ordered
She stood there a moment, head tilted, "I thought you were just tired." She strolled back to teh bed and lay down fully clothed, curious as to what he really meant by what he said. "So this is where I belong? Here?"
"Lay down now! Its not a request its an order. You damned straight this is where you belong. Right here beside me. You won't sleep anywhere else."
She turned to her side, watching him quizzically. "I can't complain about that you know." Smiling she reached up to brush a hand over his hair only to have him jerk his head back. "Will you at least explain what you're doing here? I'm confused by the get here lay here sleep here but no funny stuff idea of punishment."
"Well spanking didn't work you enjoyed that too much so I figured not giving what you want will be fitting punishment. So until I know you get that your life is precious to me, you're going to learn what it feels like to be without me." He leaned into her, invading her space as he muttered, "It would kill me, if something happened to you, I'd have to forever be alone, so its time for you to see what it feels like to be without me, as safely as I'll allow for you to be alone."
"Because I dared to think for myself and try to protect what I loved? I don't get it Rich. What was I was supposed to do? Was I supposed to come to you with fluttering eyelashes and simper out, Ohh please Richie, let me run away let me go after some loon with a gun. That right? I didnt ask permission?"
"No darlin you still don't get it. You have a right to protect yourself but what you were thinking of doing was murder and I won't have that . So yes if that means you have to ask my permission then its a yes you sure as fuck do."
"It's not murder if its self-defense."
'Not if you just aim and shoot its not. Now enough questioning your punishment You will take it like a good girl if you want a reward later."
She grew quiet a moment, her teeth worrying her lower lip as she considered her words. "You really mean to explore the whole power exchange thing then. So much control of your life is in Jon's hands and I knew you needed it... just..." She sighed and turned over, her back to his chest before he could see the threatening tears. "I wasn't trying to hurt you or go against anything you wanted. I just wanted you safe. I'd do it again in a heart beat, I'd do it again and again to keep you in my life."
She pulled her pillow closer to her to muffle the coming tears and let her self drift to sleep on the knowlege that he loved her so much he was willing to teach her a lesson, and knew it was the first night of many nights of doing without if she didn't respect what he wanted and needed from her. "Night Rich."
Richie fought the urge to pull her close, her tears cutting through his heart but he had to show her, had to make her see that killing the bastard wasn't the way to go, especially when she didn't even know how to shoot .
“Good night Sabrina."
The lack of a less formal “night Bri," along with a kiss, had her belly tying itself in knots. Damn it was bad enough he was in lesson teaching mode, but now it seemed not speaking was added to it? She held back the sniffle and forced herself to relax, her heart crying out for his arms, her soul crying out for his heat, and her body already aching from the days without him.
Not a punishment I would want to experience. I would rather be yelled at or spanked. The silent treatment would drive me nuts. Great chapter.
ReplyDelete