Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chapter 88



She glanced around the bare room and sighed. What a difference twenty four hours could make. Fuck Jared and the stupid mental incapacity he rode in on for ruining what had started to be something truly special. Her eyes closed as her memories rose, the laughs, the teasing, the fun and the desire. Rich had turned into something more than a fantasy, more than a rock star. Rich the man had become important to her. Each little smile when she did something simple but nice for him, each little growl as he found a new way to please her. It all rose with ruthlessness.

And she'd had to leave it to keep him safe. Her own happiness didn't matter, not when his life was at stake. She knew beyond a doubt that Jared would find a way to get out of jail and he would return to do harm to those she loved. She was taking a big risk just following them around, but her heart, no matter how she argued with it, wouldn't allow her to leave.

Maybe there was some slight measure of security in anonymity. She could shadow the tour, and at least see that Richie was ok, see him for a few moments each day. It wasn't what she wanted, but it was the most she'd allow herself.

Flicking the TV on she settled in to numb the hours with mindless programs, only to find herself pacing the room, her eyes on the window watching the arena in a distance. It wasn't the best of hotels, but she'd been adamant that Matthew put her in places that was as unjovi as possible.

As the hours finally passed, she readied herself and made her way to Staples Center by cab. Even after three weeks the pure bedlam of before concert crush amazed her. Making her way through the throngs of people she slowly found her way to her seat, and settled in, her eyes sweeping the room constantly for hints of anything band, Geena or Jared related.

As the concert geared up she couldn't stop the ache that built. He was there and he'd changed his clothes. Gone was the red tee and in its place a form fitted black vee neck tee that showed off the slightest amount of chest. He had on those maroon tight pants and she once again cursed Jared.

She'd been after him for days to wear something different and he finally was. Her brow flicked up as she watched him move all over the stage. During the entire tour he'd pretty much stuck to his side of the stage, but tonight it was if he couldn't be still. She watched as his eyes kept scanning the crowd and she wondered if he were actually sensing she was there, and it made the separation a little worse, the need to scream a little louder and the tears form a bit quicker.

It felt as if every song were geared to her, but when the night started winding down and they pulled out Runaway, her head jerked up to watch Jon. Was that a dig? A message? Had they figured it out? Had Matt ratted on her?

She started to stand and leave, but the crush of people screaming had her firmly stuck in place. All she could do, was pray they didn't see her as her heart ache shown in her eyes. She drank in the sight of him during the encore.

The concert was almost over, Geena glanced around trying to see if she could spot Bri. "Where are you girl ? I know you're here." She kept scanning the crowd when a shiver hit her. "Oh God. " Her hand lifted to shade her eyes as she squinted, her search of the throng around her intensifed. You son of bitch I will get you! Before she had time to change her mind she darted towards Jared. She wasn't exactly sure what she was going to do to rid them all of the Jared problem, she just knew she had to do something and fast.

Jared glared at the crowd surrounding him. "They are all gonna pay then I will get my wifey back," he growled. "Well what do we have here? The BFF herself. The Princess Bitch." He rubbed his hands together as he watched her come so close. If she'll just step a bit closer I can use her to get to Bri. Stupid wifey won't let her friend be hurt. He stepped back just a bit, blending in the crowd as she passed by. After she passed by he followed her Where is she going? Maybe to my wifey. Ah yes big mistake Geena.

Geena swallowed hard as she kept walking towards backstage. She didn't have to look back to know he was following her.

Jared was so filled with rage and the plans for revenge, that he didn't pay attention to where she was leading him .

Geena ducked into a room and nervously waited for him to enter .

Jared appeared suddenly, dousing her nerves in ice and her belly in fire. "There you are bitch! You're the reason my wife left me. Gonna have to kill ya for that. Shame your parents won't even care. I've made sure of that. "

His tone was like a frigid breath of air tracing her skin as he stalked forward, her own steps mimicking his in reverse. "I'm not afraid of you asshole. " Geena willed her voice to remain calm.


"You should be, but then you always were such a stupid little bitch. " Jared growled and grabbed her by the arm, his head snapping back as she clawed at his eyes with her free hand. Leaning as far back as she could she tried to reach for the butter knife on the table. It wouldn't do much damage but it would stop him for a few and sure as hell would hurt . Just as she was about to reach it he yanked her away and twisted her around. She screeched and yanked away to face him, her knee coming up to make contact with his groin. As he yelped and bent double she started for the door running she ran into 4 angry faces staring back at her.



Jon nodded to security, who rushed the room, his hand reaching out to grab Geena and pull her away from the door. "What the FUCK DO YOU think you were doing?"


"He's caught aint he?" Geena breathed a deep sigh of relief. she knew what she had done was stupid, but nothing was being done and she wanted Bri back .

He yanked her closer, his anger starting to burn. "Not your fuckin' job to play superwoman! Fuck what if he'd hurt you? I had extra security out tonight. Goddammit woman!" Jesus, she was a handful, how could she have ... His thoughts shattered off as he pictured her bleeding on the floor. "You try another asinine trick like that and I'll beat you myself."

"I know it was stupid but I didn't think, just knew I had to do something before he disappeared again. It was for the best and he fell for it didn't he? " She glanced up to see normally clear blue eyes cloudy with the storm of his anger. "I didn't get hurt."


He glanced up as the police arrived and nodded to the room they had Jared cornered in. "He's in there. I suggest you find a way to make sure he doesnt make bail, the fucker just tried to kill Geena."

The police officer glanced at the woman in the singer's arms and nodded. "You okay ma'am?"

"Yes I'm fine just a few scratches." Geena refused to break down and admit she was scared shitless.

"And did the suspect actually try to kill you ma'am?"

"Yes sir he did, he first threatened me then attacked me."

"Will you agree to testify to that?"

"I sure as hell will. I want this bastard to pay for a long time," Geena spat

Jon pulled a business card from his pocket and handed it to the police officer. "We're on tour, she's our web promotions person. You can contact her there with the dates she needs to be here."

The officer nodded and slipped the card into his notes. "I think we'll be keeping him this time. He's obviously a risk."

Jared glared at Geena "You think this is gonna stop me? You are so dead bitch. When I get out I'll get Bri back and I'll come after you, ALL of you. "

"I suggest you remain quiet," The police officer ordered as he drug him out of there .

Once she was sure he was gone Geena started to shake uncontrollably. There were no tears just the release of tension and fear that had been building for days.

Jon held Geena close and tried to stuff the anger back down. "I swear to God woman, the next time ..." He growled and pulled her along the hall. "Don't you ever EVER do that again."

"You wont have to tell me twice. I'm sorry, I just didn't think . I do have a habit of that so you're warned." Receiving her first stink eye, his eyes all squinty and glacially blue she amended, "Not that there will be a next time. " Geena tried to lighten his very dark mood.

"Honey, I'll take that into consideration, You just remember I ain't against spanking a fucking woman if she goes nuts on me." He pulled her into the limo and shut the door. The time for excitement of the insane kind was over.

1 comment:

  1. This time I hope Jared stays in jail, where he belongs! I know you just want your friend back but Geena that was a very dangerous and stupid move on your part. Did you forget that you might be pregnant? Hell if Jon doesn't spank you, I would.

    ReplyDelete