He groaned as the trilling of his cell interrupted his sleep. He'd finally gotten to rest after he'd settled Geena. If she wasn't pregnant there was something bad wrong considering the amount of vomit he'd had to smell for the last couple of hours.
Fuck if that smell ever left your memory, the sour pre pregnancy type it was. Another kid. What the hell am I going to do? There were four that already made him feel like shit every time he had to leave home. Four sweet faces that called to his soul from where ever in the world he was. He hated leaving them, and yet, he couldn’t fuckin’ help it. Kids didn’t get the fire in your blood, the need to be in front of thousands, the driving urge to create.
That urge had him missing more school plays than he liked, that drive had him away from home 80% of his adult life, THAT need had derailed his first marriage. THAT need is why he’d said he’d never commit again. He didn’t want to do that to another woman either, but she'd said she was, she was proving it by the minute before a doctor even said the words and him? Well no kid of his would be a bastard. His kid would know him, he'd give what he could, but fuck it would of been nice to have her with him more. He'd looked forward to a relationship that traveled fuck it all.
Reaching for his phone he flipped it open and growled. "This had better be fuckin' good."
"Wow, you’re in shitty mood tonight. Not like King, Oh no, his wall is getting LOTs of action. No sex tonight for Jonny Eh? I can tell, " David quipped.
"Sex and vomit do not match Joker. Now what has you calling me at," he twisted his head to glance at his travel clock, "At 3 fucking 30 in the mornin?"
"Blame Rich. He called me wanting to get Carly here. Guess Bri won't get hitched unless both her girls are present. So before I talk to Carly I wanna make sure we can send the jet to Jersey? Fuck sure will make it easier if we don’t have to try to swing buying commercial. "
"That fast? Man, he never did know the meaning of the word wait." He chuckled and glanced at Geena as she slept. "I'll call the pilot, you call the jackass back and find out what chapel.” He winced a moment then continued. Make sure its not Graceland for fucksakes. Tell him to set up an appointment for me too."
'You really doin' it again? You sure about this man ? " David’s brow raised slightly as he listened.
This was a wrinkle he had not expected.
He winced at the question, slid from the bed and moved to the window. He didn’t want to wake Geena, she’d just finally drifted off."She's sorta pregnant man."
'You gotta be shitting me!" David sat straight up in bed his eyes widening. “You serious?”
"I wish to fuck..." He snapped his lips closed and sighed, "the two plus hours of nausea can NOT be denied. She's late on top of that, so its marriage and doctor’s visit tomorrow man."
"You don't have to get married though. I know you love her, you can deny it all you want, but to move this fast? Might do more damage than good, " David cautioned.
"Oh yeah, famous family man with a bastard kid? Not gonna happen Davey."
"So? You're not with Dot anymore. Hell Jon, that’s not a big thing like it used to be and you know it. "
He grunted as he leaned a forehead on the window. "And who are my parent's man?"
"Yea sure, like they are gonna be jumping up and down over a quickie marriage on top of it all?"
"I’d rather have my ass handed to me over another quickie marriage than have my Dad killing me over a kid that I ain’t married to the mom for."
"How's G feel about this ? "
"She's been too busy feeling sick to show much emotion, but I think she's happy."
He watched the blinking lights in the Las Vegas night and sighed. He hoped she was happy, he was giving up freedom for marriage, accepting a new kid. Hell he had four, he was content, but a woman like Geena? He'd never ask her to do anything other than have the kid, fuck that, he’d never let one of his be sliced and diced into non existence. "She's just gotta be man."
"Oh I'm sure she is. I know how much she loves you, but I think she’d rather have you marry her cuz you want to not cuz you have too. "
Nothing he could say to that or would, she'd agreed and she'd just deal. "Well she said yes, that's all she wrote. Now, I'll call the pilot, you wake up fuck head." He snapped the phone shut then flipped it open and dialed the pilot swiftly.
Within moments he had the pilot informed of plans, received the take off time, and left David a text message with said info. Tossing his phone back onto the side table he slid back into the bed.
It wasn't that he was totally unhappy with how things were. He loved kids, his own especially. He just wished he'd had more time with Geena. Like say two years when the tour was over, that would of been nice.
He closed his eyes and forced himself to relax. Tomorrow was going to be a very busy day.
congrats, ladies, on 100 chapters!! I was reading two other FF's along with this one but I've given up on them 'cause this one takes the cake!! fantastic :D xx
ReplyDeleteI know Jon feels the obligation but I hope they don't go thru with it. If they do it fast I think they both will regret it.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Ann. I hope Geena decides to wait and maybe get married after the baby is born. And Jon women don't just"deal with it" like some assholes do.
ReplyDelete