"I need a fucking drink, go get the wine out " Geena said as she pulled up Carly's number and pushed send.
She pulled herself from the couch and wandered into the kitchen, locating the wine glasses and finding the Pinot Grigor. Of course it would be Pinot, Geena was rather zealous in her Jovi love. Of course she couldn't blame her, she herself stuck to Grey Goose whenever possible, although of late she'd been more alcohol free, as a silent moral support to Richie. At this moment though? A little wine was definitely needed. Locating the corkscrew she quickly opened the bottle and started back into the living room, settling the glasses on the desk before pouring and handing Geena one.
"Thanks, " While waiting for Carly to answer, Geena took a huge gulp of wine and swallowed hoping it calmed her enough to talk to convince Carly what happened actually happened.
"Hello?"
"Carly ! Listen girl can you get to my house asap?" Geena was practically breathless as she said the words. She just had to be able too, she just had to.
Carly pulled the phone from her ear and stared at it curiously. She was at work and had felt the vibration so automatically answered. Geena was calling her at work and she sounded frantic? What the heck? She never called at work. "Well hiya Geena, you sound a bit off, what’s up?"
"You just have to get here ! , I know this sounds insane but I was told you have to be here. I, WE got orders from HRH himself." Geena pleaded.
Her brow lifted at the HRH. "Who ordered me there?"
"Look it started with Richie dming me on twitter then Jon called! He said we can have an official sanction if we want it and it comes with perks but I was give specific orders if thats what you wanna call it that you and Bri have to be at my house when the 'perks' get here. whatever the fuck they are . "
She stepped down the hall into a empty hospital room and squealed. "HOW the fuck did Jon Bon fucking Jovi find YOU on twitter?"
"I have no fucking idea!! All I know is what Richie said. They have eyes everywhere and a lil birdie told them about our site and they were fucking on it!! "Geena screamed the words hysterically. She was still having trouble really believing it, but second by second it was settling into her bones, exploding into her mind like mental TNT.
Carly pulled her phone back from her ear and stared at it again. Good god why'd they ask for her? All she did was the weekly treats. It hit her then, she played in the gutter more than anywhere else. "Oh god, and he mentioned me by name?"
"Yes he said Pianogirl and Samborangel has to be here or its a no go."
"What does Bri have to say about it?"
"She's more calm at the moment than me, but its finally sinking in. Holy hell Carly !This is our worst nightmare or best fantasy come true whichever way you wanna look at it."
Carly thought over her schedule for the next few days and nodded. She had a couple of days off, and a few days of vacation. "I'll call the shift supervisor and see what I can do. I'll try to be there in the morning. Thank God its not that far a drive."
"I mean hell I aint sure what’s up, but they asked for me and well I'll be there to support ya."
"Thank god, I have no idea what they have in mind. Hell I might have to drink this whole bottle of Pinot to settle my nerves! Fuck girl the boys want us for… You know, I dont know and I don't care they just want us. "
Carly managed a laugh. "Wanna laugh at us most likely, but hey if it means i get to see Dave up close and personal, even if he is laughing, I'll take it. See you soon Geena. Oh and Tell Bri to take a calm breath. You know her, she gets all quiet but that’s when she’s nearly exploding."
" Prolly right about that . Oh hey! Bring some more Pinot with you we might need it." Geena laughed. "I will hell I don't think I have breathed since Jon’s call."
"Well at least I know CPR then." She laughed a moment with Geena before disconnecting the call. "Ok off to find the supervisor and set myself for a few days off."
Carly took that a LOT more calmly than I would have! Loving this and SO looking forward to where this goes!
ReplyDelete