She groaned and put the car into park. It had been a hellish long ass drive from home, and the further North she'd gotten the more snow and ice she'd had to slog through. Damn they never got snow at home like this. And I agreed to this lil twitter DLS party too.
It was worth every harrowing second of the drive though. She and Geena had tried for months to raise the money to fly to Hawaii for the opening nights of the Circle Tour only to be thwarted at every turn. Times being what they were? Well they ended up deciding on a week long pity party Jovi style.
For the next few nights they and their trusty laptops would be side by side as they tweeted, FB'ed and messaged their way through the Jovi Circle Tour start. They'd be following the set lists, oohing and aahing over every video or picture that surfaced, along with a few drinks and massive amounts of popcorn.
Rolling her head from side to side she pulled the keys from the ignition and slipped from the car. Smiling as she saw every light on in Geena's house she made her way to the front door and started to knock.
Geena who had been trying to keep it together but just kept screaming oh my god for the past 20 minutes, stopped long enough to run to the door yanking Bri inside.
"Oh God girl you ain't gonna believe this! Richie fucking Sambora dmed me on Twitter!" Geena jittered as she danced her way to the computer, pointing to the direct messages page. "He actually fucking dmed me, telling me what a great site we had. They were on our fucking site girl!! Then just when I thought it couldn't get any worse or better HRH himself dmed me. He wants to give us official sanction and it comes with perks but the conditions are you and Carly have to be here."
Bri's eyes widened as she listened to Geena continue her rambling. Fuck if G wasn't shaking so hard she thought she was having a seizure. Trust Geena to get all excited. "Um Geena there's a LOT of fakes out there honey. You need to calm down and back up a moment. No fuckin' way did either of the real men message you. It's just not possible. They'd be too busy."
Well they would be. Geena was always getting all hot and bothered over the supposed real Jovi's out there.
"Ok you explain the phone call I got! It was Jon. Look at the phone number!" Geena pulled up her received calls, her finger stabbing at a number that plainly said Restricted.
Bri glanced down and saw nothing. "Yeah ok you have the word RESTRICTED." Like I KNOW what the man's phone number is for that to be proof; IF THERE WAS A NUMBER SHOWING?"G, how the fuck do you know it was him? HOW did he get YOUR number?? YOU DIDNT!! you gave it out online? Are you insane? What if it was some weird pervert that will find you and find us and kill us both? What if it was Jared pulling one of his stunts?"
"I'm telling you it was him, I know his damn voice." Geena stubbornly kept it up, trying to convince her best friend. "Yes I did, I gave out my address and number, stupid I know at first, til he called me. I swear on all that it is Jovi, it WAS him!"
She took a deep breath and tried to hold back what could only be fear wrapped in humor. "Ok so he called you, and pray tell what did His Royal Highness of all things Corporate want with you?"
"He said for me to have you and Carly here, that the perks would arrive here soon but he insisted on you and Carly being here. I guess Richie asked for you personally. Richie was on our board he has seen everything I guess."
She took a step back, her eyes going wide.No fuckin way. "Oh come on! There's just no damn way it was him! Proove it somehow." Jesus God please let her have had a mental breakdown, that I can fix, HIM seeing my... noooo
"You... he... no.. he couldn't have seen it all. It wasn't him, it was just some imposter Geena. Tell me, You're pulling my leg right?"
"No! I'm not . It was Jon on the phone, I have had hot dreams of that voice talking to me so I should know what his fucking voice sounds like "
She fell into the couch, and felt all the blood in her body turn to ice. "What the hell do they want? Why US? God, this is our worst nightmare, yet its our biggest fantasy too!"
"I have no idea, other than Richie thanked us for such a great job and Jon offered us official sanction with perks he said."
She shook her head. She could well imagine what kind of "perks" those men might come up with, especially if Sambora was doing the planning. "Dammit G, tell me they didn't see the fiction area." She looked up her voice going whisper quiet, "or the gutter."
Geena swallowed hard. " Yes I think they have at least seen the gutter."
Her face dropped into her hands as a soft groan huffed from her lips. "Oh dear God."
"I know so who knows what they have in store for us but we have to call Carly she has to be here, it was one of the conditions or its a no go."
She slid a hand into her jeans pocket, pulled out her flip phone and tossed it to Geena. "You call her. Fuck. She's a nurse, she may not have the time." She wasn't too sure where this was leading, but Geena had that look about her, that look that screamed this was real. Dear God it was real? He'd seen at least her comments in the gutter? Every I'd do him this way that way and upside down if need be comments?
"I wanna die now. You're gonna have to call her." She slid down onto the couch and pulled a throw pillow over her face. DLS Twitter parties were never dull, but this one promised to be beyond the stratosphere.
Now my face REALLY hurts! This chapter was too funny! Can't imagine that happening and HRH calling?
ReplyDeleteROFL!