He stalked down the hall, his worry building as he considered the reticence of Geena. What if Bri did something to Rich? What if he fell back into the bottle, back into the old habits because another woman hurt him again? He didn't know if he could stand seeing another downward spiral from a normally happy go lucky man like Rich.
Glancing up he saw Richie's hotel room ahead and stopped, his hand lifting to rap sharply against the wood. "Come on man, answer the door."
Richie glanced down at a sleeping angel, frowning at the loudness of the knock. It had taken him a bit of time to finally soothe her completely after that phone call. And it had only taken a lot of grumbly murmurs and a whole lotta lovin’ man. He wanted her to be able to enjoy the show tonight. This light nap was a sure fire way to have her ready. He pressed a light kiss to her
forehead, slowly moved her arm from his chest, stood and padded to the door and opened it.
"Oh hey bro, " Richie whispered.
His brow flicked up at the whisper. "tell me you aren't losing your voice on the day of the tour start."
"Huh? Wha? Fuck no Bro, nothin' like that. Bri is sleeping. " Richie chuckled.
He glanced down at his watch then up at his friend. "At this time of day?" He pushed past his friend into the hotel room, his hand moving up to rake through his hair. "Im worried Bro."
"Why? " Richie asked curiously
"You up and vanish at rehearsal, Geena's all weird, worried, what the fuck ever. She wouldn't give me even a hint of what the ..." He sighed, "Said Bri had problems. I think I made a mistake bringing them here man."
"It wasn't a mistake," Richie paused as he looked at Bri a moment. " C'mon lets go talk." Richie guided him out the door and onto the balcony, reaching to shut the sliding glass door. If Bri woke up she wouldn't hear their conversation, and from the look in Jon's eyes he was pretty sure he didn't want Bri hearing.
Jon turned and leaned against the balcony. "Tell me why it wasn't man. I can't see ya spiraling again. The last time nearly killed you."
"You don't have to worry 'bout me man honest. Bri has this ex that is an asshole. He keeps calling her, threatening shit and well she freaked out. " Richie tried to explain without giving too much away, at least yet. He needed more information before he told Jon everything.
Psychotic exes could be the worst. Fuck Heather's brain wasn't glued in right as it was. "Man you don't need any more psychotic ex shit in your world."
He ignored the jab about Heather and sighed. "I think she could be what I need though , psychotic ex or not. You don't have to worry Bro. I'm good I'm not gonna slip. " Richie patted his shoulder reassuringly.
He shook his head and managed a smile. "Tellin' me not to worry Bro? It's like telling me to not be Italian for fuck sakes. Tell me what is the story with the ex? Do I need to hire extra security?"
"I don't think so at least not yet. It might be needed later on. Depends on how things go and if….. "
His brow arched as he watched his friend lean on the balcony, those eyes of his on the distant horizon. The look on his face spoke volumes, even when his voice wasn't. "She’s already that far under your skin?"
"Yea she is. I can't explain it. She's normal and tells me like it is. You know how refreshing that is for a change? "
He turned to face the ocean and chuckled. "Tells you like it is? Oh Richie, your so built, Oh richie you're so good, That kinda how it is?"
"No she actually told me I deserve better than what I been choosing for myself. She said I need a REAL girl that will support me and be there through the tough times, not some *Plastic Barbie* I think she called it. "
No comments:
Post a Comment