She left Carly in the very capable hands of David, and went for a walk to clear her head. Why did she feel so disappointed? I should be jumping for joy dammit. After all, she’d had sex with her dream man, the one and only Jon Bon Jovi, but somehow that didn't bring as much happiness as she had hoped. She didn't mean to be envious of her girls, but why did Jon have to be a damn workaholic anyway? Why couldn't he just enjoy life and be a stop and smell the roses type one in awhile? She started to laugh at the crazy thoughts. It wasn’t him, and it wasn’t the man and performer she’d fallen for and loved so many years. Had he been any different she probably wouldn’t have been so intrigued.
She had been walking for awhile, had even taken the time to stop for a large coffee. Hot coffee and Hawaii? Boy am I really out of it. She stood there in the hall a moment wondering what to do with the crazy cup of coffee when she noticed which door she had stopped in front of, his. Is this Karma giving me a shove? Should I or shouldn't I? Well why the hell not? All he can do is slam the door in my face.
She tapped on the door and waited with baited breath for him to answer
"Told ya man, we gotta have the stage ready." He glanced up at the door and shook his head. No telling what shit he was in for if someone was banging on the door this time of day. "Just get the fuckin' stuff here ok?"
He walked to the door, opened it and stood there a moment, one brow lifting. "Look just get it done. Call me back, yeah, Later."
Flippin the phone closed, he nodded toward Geena. "Well good morning. What brings you to my door?"
"Well, My friends deserted me thanks to your friends, and I figured I would come by and see if you would like some coffee." It had hit her, he was known for his love of coffee. To be sure he’d appreciate the cup she had. Her gaze slipped lower, roaming over his chest and down to his still unbuttoned jeans. His hair was still wet. Jesus, fresh from the shower? I just had to find him all damp and sexy? She bit back a soft moan as she took in every inch of him.
He grinned as she offered up his morning nectar, quickly snagging the Styrofoam cup from her hands. "Bless you. I've been so busy on the phone I haven't had time to do much but shower after my morning run." He stood aside to let her enter. "Can't say it will be fun, but come on in. Got a few more calls and interviews to finish before rehearsal." He growled lightly, "hate the damn things, necessary evil though."
"Anything is better than being alone " Geena quipped and walked in.
"What the hell happened to your friends?" He stopped and winced, "No tell tell me, kidnapped by a crazy pianist and a man who fancies himself a guitarist?"
"You got it . Very rude of them if you ask me. I invite them here and they leave me "
He took a sip of coffee and grinned. "Technically babe, I invited them."
"Ok smart ass you did, I stand corrected." Geena plopped down on the couch and grinned up at him. "I can’t blame them I guess, they HAVE been doing the what ifs for years."
He walked over and sat down beside her, wincing as the phone rang again. Shit has to be the kids. He stood, giving Geena an apologetic glance and mouthed, “be just a sec.” Stepping to his bedroom door, he shut it behind him.
Geena looked around; he kept his room pretty tidy considering the mountain of paperwork sitting on the desk near the TV and several bags of luggage . The fan in her longed to rummage through his bags to see what he had packed, but she willed herself to sit still and wait.
He stepped back out of the bedroom trying to keep the frown from his face. It never failed. A holiday was close and even though it was the lover's holiday his kids wanted him home. It was hard explaining that it wasn't home now, and no he wasn't seeing mommy for Valentines. Fuck if mommy didn't have better things to do now it seemed. They never quite got that daddy and mommy weren’t together anymore. Except for Steph and Jesse, they were old enough now to get it. Nearly everyone in their classes were on second and third marriages nearly.
As he stepped further into the living room he saw Geena sitting as still as a mouse, her eyes darting over everything.
Even though her body seemed still, her mind was racing he could tell it by those eyes alone. "Sorry bout that. The kids, well, I didn't think you wanted to hear Daddy explain for the millionth time he had to work."
Geena paused for a moment then spoke " I can imagine it has to be hard on them especially the younger ones. Divorce isn't an easy thing to explain."
He actually felt his lips stretch into a grin. "Especially mine. Inherited my slight stubborn streak." His brow arched at her surprised look. "Yeah I am, I know I am, Its how I got us where we are today."
"True and that is a good thing . You didn't lose your shirts like other bands of that era. Yes I am admitting your stubborness is a good thing but at the same time sometimes it doesn’t hurt to take a listen to others either." Oh god Geena shut up! she scolded herself
"Who says I don't? Why just the other day this crazy friend of mine had me on the web and before you knew it I was flying three rather lovely ladies to Hawaii."
"And he was a smart guy too," Geena teased. She took a deep breath, her gaze centering on his. She had to ask, she needed to know. "Why did you actually do this for us? "
He chuckled. "To be honest? Cuz Rich had a gut feeling, and man every time I go against that gut of his I end up in a crap load of shit. To say the least, he wouldn't ever shut up if I didn’t."
She laughed, "So you glad you did ? "
He nodded. "Yeah, have to say that I am. I don't get the chance to meet many really nice ladies of late. Most want shit I can’t give, or try to write checks they can't cash....so to speak."
"And you get that I'm not like that how? Cause I give you shit ?well I do that because, and don't get me wrong here, I love the stage persona, it gets me hornier than hell; but I like the fire you have. The good , bad and yes even the ugly," Geena confessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment