Early morning February 10, 2010
Geena and Bri sat on the couch, the bottle of Pinot long gone. Neither girl had slept at all. When they did try, the slightest noise jerked them awake. With sleep playing a no show they finally gave up and chatted nervously about what Jon and Richie could want. Of course it didn't take long for their thoughts to turn gutterish and with that the giggles came.
The door bell rang and both girls stood there for a moment frozen, scared to answer. Finally Geena said "What the fuck is wrong with us? It could be Carly."
Bri stood and moved to the door shaking her head. "As long as it ain’t one of them I'll be totally okayyyy." She hiccuped for effect then laughed. "Although I could do with a bit of moose. If that didn't warm the long cold night, nothing would."
She threw open the door and grinned as she saw the long curly locks of blonde hair. "Well it’s a curly haired blondie for sure."
Carly grinned and stepped through the door. "Hello to you too Bri. GEENA!! I'm here."
"Bri Babe , I see you hit the bottle good and didn't save any for me. Good thing I brought more per boss lady here." Carly held up the extra bottles of Pinot she’d brought with her.
Bri reached out and pulled a bottle from her friend’s hand. "We have Jovi in the offing, I need to be less than sober to make it through this alive."
"Carly you made it ! How the hell you manage to talk your boss into getting the time off with short notice?"
She moved over to Geena and pulled her into a hug. "Oh I just reminded her of the time I worked three doubles so she could go off for a weekend with her new boyfriend."
"Good thinking. Come in pull up a chair wait with us." Geena laughed. "Not much else we can do except faint or squeal."
All three girls took a long glance at each other and started to laugh. It was too insane to not laugh at. They were just three regular woman who, to a one, would have normally never gotten within feet of their fantasy men. That it was happening? Well better to laugh than die right?
She handed a bottle of wine to Geena before settling the rest on the table. She turned to watch Bri place the bottle to her lips and inhale part of it. "Jonny would be so disappointed in how you’re drinking that Pinot girlie."
"Fuck him, I need it." She stopped a moment brows waggling, "Oh wait, thats G's job."
"Yea I would fuck him good too," Geena grinned taking another gulp of the wine, "So good he might not be able to shake that money maker when I was done with him."
Carly glanced at Bri and they both broke out in laughter. "YOU may get the chance!"
"Oh shit, we could couldn't we ? You think that is what they are wanting? To fuck us?" Geena felt her mind start to race and body temperature rise just from the possiblity of it. "You don't think they still do that shit? I mean they did grow up after all right?" She thought over Richie's irreverant sense of humor and forward speech. "well SOME of them?"
Bri shook her head as the thought zapped its way to prominence."Oh God....."
The doorbell rang, interrupting all their sordid thoughts. Geena headed to the door and took a deep breath. " Well ladies I believe the time has come." She opened the door.
He looked up at the woman as she opened the door and wanted to laugh. She looked like hell, with bloodshot eyes and hair sticking this way and that. "I have a package for Geena the Jovi Mistress? But it says to only give it to her if a piano girl and an angel are in attendance?"
Geena rolled her eyes then called. "Hey Carly and Bri come show your faces. Damn he meant what he said."
The girls stood and moved to stand behind Geena warily, only to see a messenger standing at the door. The collective sigh of relief was audible.
"So which one is the angel?"
Bri raised her hand. "That would be me." She blinked rapidly as he handed her a small box from the top of the bigger box he was holding.
"And which one is piano girl?"
Carly held up her hand only to be passed another small box.
The messenger grinned and handed the larger box along with a smaller one to Geena. "Guess that means you're the mistress. Now if you'll just sign this clipboard I'll be on my way."
Geena signed her name "Thank you very much. Have a Nice day," she muttered before closing the door. “OK ready to see what HRH, Moose and Lemma have in store for us?" She sauntered over to the couch and plopped down, studying the box quietly for a few moments.
Bri opened the small box and gasped, There on a petite gold chain dangled a perfect replica of a Fender, complete with what seemed to be chips of diamonds standing in for stars. "FUCK ME."
"Holy shit check that out, that has to be at least a couple carats." Geena marveled as she opened hers next "Holy fuck." She held hers up it was the same except the charm was a mic that sparkled with diamonds from the tip to the bottom.
Carly's hands shook as she slowly opened the box, only to find her necklace to be just like the other two, a small exquisite baby grand with diamonds. "Jesus, I wonder what these beautiful things are for??"
"I have no fuckin' idea, but its from them, so who cares? Oh god we know what’s in this box here! " Geena nervously opened the bigger box, moved the paper away and pulled out the contents. Three plane tickets first class to Hawaii no less, three prepaid credit cards and the name of the hotel they were to check into, along with a note.
Welcome to Paradise Ladies
Don't bother to pack you don't have time to. Just get your pretty lil asses to the airport , shop when you get here. See you when you get here
Jon
Bri glanced at Carly then at Geena, a long slow feverish grin hitting her lips. "Well, do we? We wouldn't be true Guttergirls if we didn't jump on THIS opportunity!"
"Fuck yea and we better get going our plane leaves in a couple hours." Geena exclaimed.
"I ain’t driving. I am full on blasted, on top of that well I’m from the south, WE don’t DO snow!"
"Carly girl I think it’s up to you girlfriend I am still drunk on Pinot and I sure as hell don’t want to be in jail when I can be soaking in some rays." Geena tossed her keys to her. She had a SUV it could handle all kinds of weather.
Carly laughed. "Always the designated driver. When we hit Hawaii girls, its taxi's all the way!" She put an arm through each woman’s and herded them to the car. "Nothing like this moment to get started."
"God! What would our guttergirls think?" Geena said as she climbed in the front passenger seat
Bri slumped down into the backseat and snorted. "We'd hear the squeals all the way to Hawaii."
"That's true and we better get our squeals out now ladies, unless we want to look like fuckin' idiots in front of them," Geena said.
Carly swung a hard left into the airport long term parking lot. "Problem is keeping ourselves from squealing when and if we see them."
"Maybe you should have snagged some Xanax, " Geena teased.
Bri glanced out at the airport and sighed. "As bad as I'd want them, I think I need to be in control of all my faculties now."
"Honestly girls you don't think they wanna to fuck us do you? I mean they could just want to thank us ? "Geena asked but already knowing the answer .
Carly glanced at Geena and started to laugh as Bri started to snort. "Who ARE we talking about here?"
"Well I just don't want to get my hopes up for boinking Jon when all he does is 'oh hey girls great job, heres free tickets for a show and yea you got to meet us see ya next show bye', " Geena mimicked Jon.
Bri mumbled, "Never had him, never thought I would, hell just SEEING him, even saying hello will be a dream come true. If he wants to ... well hell.. I dunno what I'd do."
"You'd do him don't deny it Bri," Carly interjected." I know I sure as hell would do David in a split second."
She snorted, "I knew there was a gutter girl there under that outward shy mouse!" She chuckled a moment then closed her eyes as she visualized meeting Richie. "Yeah I know I keep saying that I'd rock his world if I met him. But I also say I'd love to just get to know him, ask him things you don't see talked about." She lifted a shoulder in a shrug. "Guess I see which way it blows."
Geena understood what she meant. If given the chance she would long to talk to Jon one on one. Sure she would bang him in a heartbeat, but she wanted to know what made the man tick. "I know and agree it would be nice to know what makes them who they are "
As Carly pulled in and parked she unsnapped the seat belt. "Well we are hours from finding out. Come on you two, lets go find that part of our destiny."
"Let's." Geena smiled as she linked arms with her two best friends and headed to the airport to take them to paradise.
Ahh, the age-old dilemma - fuck or friend?
ReplyDeleteIs it better to get or not to get what you wish for?
Love this story for taking me there!