Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chapter 30

After leaving the cabana, David and Carly made their way to the hotel. David dropped Carly off at her door with a tender kiss and a promise to pick her up in 30 minutes for a brief lunch before he was to report to the sound check.

While in her room, Carly quickly changed in to her newly purchased concert outfit of skin tight black jeans and cobalt blue and gold halter top. She spritzed and scrunched her curls and slipped into a pair of sexy sandals. She barely finished applying her make up when David knocked on her door.

“Ready to go Ketsl?” He asked and stopped mid thought as his jaw nearly hit the carpeted floor. She looks stunning! I am soo fucked! I’ll never make it through the sound check without embarrassing myself… Kidd and King will see to that!

Carly saw his stunned look and looked in the mirror… Why is he staring at me? Is there something wrong with the way I look? Did I go overboard with the make up? Is the top too much? I thought he liked it on me yesterday, when I tried it on in the store.

Seeing her concerned look, David gave himself a mental shake and smiled. “Carly, you look so beautiful, you took my breathe away!” He couldn't stop the smile that formed when the predictable blush pinkened her cheeks, and fuck if she wasn't even sexier in pink.

He took her hand and led her out of the room. “Come on sweetheart, we need to get going or Kidd will rip me a new one!” Or I'll rip your clothes off!

They made their way down stairs and jumped into a waiting town car. As the car made its way out of the hotel’s entryway, David turned to Carly “what do you feel like having for lunch Ketsl?”

Smiling at the now familiar endearment, she replied “Surprise me!” David grinned and gave the driver brief instructions.

After stopping at the burger place drive through, they finally made their way to the venue. Getting out of the car, David helped her, then grabbed their take out bag and led her to the door. As they made their way backstage, they stopped at the command center and he grabbed a laminated All Access Pass on a lanyard and placed it around Carly’s neck, carefully settling it beside her piano necklace.

He led her to his dressing room where they settled in to enjoy their burgers. Almost as soon as they finished their lunch, David’s cell rang. After glancing at the display window, he picked it up “Yo King! What’s up? Yeah I’m here! In my dressing room asshole! Nope, he’s not here! I’ll be out in a second!” He snapped his phone closed and turned to Carly.

“ Time to go to work,” he smirked.

“Can I come and watch? I promise not to be in your way.”

“Ketsl, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

He led her through the backstage maze out onto the stage towards his station. Briefly looking around, he pointed towards a large trunk behind the piano side of his set. “Here, you should be able to see everything from this spot.”

Carly settled in to watch as he started his warm up by running some simple scales.

A few minutes later, Richie approached him with a shit eating grin “Yo Lemma, I looked everywhere, but Jon still ain't here!”

Shaking her head, Carly looked at the identical smirks on their faces. They looked like two kids up to no good.

1 comment:

  1. Lol so Jon is late and not Richie. Don't think the boys are going to let this slide Jon.

    ReplyDelete