Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chapter 16

He walked beside her, enjoying the smile of pure joy that not only had her lips quirking upwards but had those beautiful eyes sparkling. They had chatted amiably for the few minutes they had been walking, about anything and everything. It was refreshing to just be a guy walking with a lady. Usually they were all twitchy over him being famous, and though he knew deep inside she was probably twitching she was controlling it. He liked that about her.

"Better than Ohio huh?"

"Oh definitely I could move here and not even bat an eyelash," Geena chuckled.

He grinned, "Yeah it ain't Jersey, but, as fun as it is to visit, well theres something about home, even with its snow, that I wouldn't want to leave."

"Jersey maybe Ohio no " Her laugh was quick, "though I have to say never made it to Jersey either."

"Well you don't know what you're missing. There's nothing like Jersey." He shook his head, his smile growing as he talked about the state he called home. As far as he'd roamed, as many beautiful places as he'd seen, it was still that little state next to New York that had his soul. "Nothing like home to help you remember who you are."

"Might have to make a trip there someday, Haven't been to NY either a bit of afraid actually," Geena admitted.

He stopped and turned to watch her curiously. "You don't seem the type to be afraid of much, so what has you so scared of big bad New York?"

"I dunno, I mean I'm from a small town. Well Akron isn't that small but still compared to New York it seems so dark and dangerous . And what I have seen on tv doesn't help much."

His jaw twitched slightly as he fought back a grin, at how she'd blushed as it said that, his hand moving up to tweek her chin. "You KNOW they always show the worst of it on TV."

He heard the giggling from somewhere to his side, and his smile faded slightly. God just once he wanted to go someplace with a lady or a friend and not hear that particular type of giggling. It always signified a fuckin' person intent on encroaching on his privacy. No matter how he tried to keep family and life separate the press and some people couldn't adhere to that.

Shaking it off he offered his arm again, a quick smile hitting his lips. "As wonderful as this sun is, how about we make our way to a place a little less public?"

Geena turned to the sound that changed that gorgeous smile into a frown within a split second and spoke " I would love to , It has to be hard just to be normal isn't it."

His brow quirked upwards as he steered her back towards the hotel. "You sayin' I ain't normal woman?"

"Now would I say you were abnormal ? A little hot headed at times yes, but never abnormal " Geena replied. Shit did I just say that?

He turned towards her,his hand reaching up to slide his shades partially down his nose. "I ain't hot headed."

" You sure about that one Mr Stink Eye?" Geena egged him on with a brow arch and a wink.

He leaned in close, his curiosity running ahead of his usual calm composure. "And just what would you know about the stink eye honey?"

"That right there! Oh baby you give that in plenty of videos I have seen. No one can miss it."

She'd called him baby? Well well, Being a fan made them all think they could just be familiar with him. "Shit goes wrong, I have to have a way to let them know it."

"I understand that but you are giving it to me now , did I hit a nerve?" Geena was actually enjoying this side of him . Instead of always the charmer, he was showing his more real Jersey side. Admittedly seeing that little bit of ire had her tummy in flutters.


He straightened and forced a slick fake smile to his lips. "Course not, 30 years in this business, nothing gets to me." He started the walk back up and couldn't help but admire the fact she could fire an answer back quicker than he could throw the question.

"I did ! didn't I ? Wow look I'm not gonna apologize like some obsessed wimpy fan that would do anything to get you to like me. I like seeing this side of you . The real you . Thats the person I'm attracted to . Don't get me wrong a few shakes of that fine ass of yours gets my blood boiling but this is who I want to meet and talk to." Geena continued as she hurried to catch up with him " If I'm too blunt , then I'll apologize for that. My mama always says I have diarrehea of the mouth but I can't help it sometimes "

He stopped a moment, allowing her to catch up as his mom's teaching started tap dancing in a head, diahrrea of the mouth or not, you weren't rude to a lady, and somehow he knew she was more of a lady than her gutter girl status on her site gave her credit for. He twisted his head, stopping when he saw her trying to keep up. "Why do I think thats just the tip of the iceberg of your opinion on me?"

"Because you're curious and curiousity eats at you til you find out . Besides my opinion is not all bad, believe me baby I find you the most intiguing man around , complex but very intriguing."

He chuckled a moment, then nodded towards the building. "I'm not that complex little mistress, I'm just dedicated." Yea keep sayin' that man, you'll believe it eventually. "So tell me, why you think I'm not normal."

"I never said you're weren't normal but I think you need to find that good ole jersey boy again." Geena challenged.

He shook his head as they walked up to the elevator, his hand slapping at the button. "Honey Im a boy from Jersey. It's what I was, am and always will be. I worked hard from the time I was just a teenager I can't be it again, I am IT."

Geena gathered all her courage placing her hands on his arms and turned him to face her " Keep lying to yourself , let me give you an example. How about the ticket prices, c'mon you claim you're working for the working man but how can a working man or woman afford hundreds if not thousands of dollars to see you?"

He stepped into the elevator and turned, the tic in his jaw started a regular refrain. "You calling me elitest Darlin?"

"I know you care Jon, but think about it. Who can anyone afford the prices? I sure the hell can't. I had planned on saving what I could if you came to Ohio to go, but me and Bri had already pretty much figured out we couldn't afford it this tour. Two, the setlists. Why can't we have some oldies, some rare ones? I would give a good blow job to hear Roulette."

His shoulder lifted. "They just wanna hear the hits Geena. As to the prices. you just dont get what is involved in getting that show on stage. If we don't charge those prices, we dont get paid."


He leaned against the elevator wall as the last words she spoke filtered in. "You shittin' me? No one wants to hear the old shit."

"You wanna make a bet on the songs? Let me use your laptop I will prove to you in a matter of seconds just how many wanna hear the oldies and I am first in line baby. I wanna hear Diamond Ring it makes my panties wet to hear that and Only Lonely dont wanna know what that song does to me." Geena continued to argue her case. " As for the prices , No I don't know all the behind the scenes crap that goes on but I have a pretty good idea there has to be a way to compromise."

He looked up as the elevator dinged open. He'd been talking to Rich about that exact same thing, and now when a verified regular person/fan was telling him he didn't wanna hear it. Didn't mean he couldn't use it though. She was too cute on the close up and she was offering bliss for a song?

"So you think you can prove it huh? well you prove it baby, then you can keep your word on what you'll do for those songs."

"Deal. Let me see your laptop." Geena spoke the words with confidence. She knew her girls so well. She was gonna win this one and it felt good. So what if she had to do a few things for it? Not like she wouldn't have anyway but he didn't have to know that not yet.

His grin grew, "In such a hurry to get here you even left the laptop home huh?"

"Well you didn't give us much time . Wait I know I have proof its in my purse my phone I can tweet from there and I can give you the answer you're wanting baby." And when I do all the fans will finally get a bit of the stuff you been refusing to do for the longest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment