Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chapter 61

Geena groaned as she glanced at the clock. Damn it was three a.m. "How long can they go for fuck's sake?" She grabbed her pillow trying to cover her head, but it was too hot to stay like, that so she tossed it against the wall in frustration. It wouldn't be so bad if Jon had been there to take care of the ache the sounds from the other room were giving birth too. "Damn it! " She growled as the moistness grew with each groan and thud of the headboard against the wall.

She sat up and threw her legs off the side of the bed. Standing up she moved over to her dresser intent on finding her little boyfriend in a box. It was the best she could do considering she only real man she wanted was thousands of miles away and the sounds from the next room were unintentionally driving her insane. Sliding open her dresser drawer she reached in for her rabbit and padded back to her bed. Shucking her panties she returned to a prone position and opened her legs. Turning on her little friendly rabbit to a steady hum she started to place it near her core. Not thinking of ramifications she reached for her phone to call Jon. He might be a grouch being woke up at this time of night ,but damnit if she needed to hear his voice right now.

Just as she went to dial the number the phone trilled out. "God please let it be Jon." She groaned when she saw the name on the caller ID. The chipper voice was nearly her undoing. Dropping the rabbit on the bed she mumbled out, “Hi there Caro.”

She slid into the creaky chair in the nurse's lounge and groaned. It was three a.m. and she still had four hours to go on her shift. As Geena's voice filtered through her phone she smiled. "How's it going Geena?"

"Oh if you call listening to porn through your walls good, then all is hunky dory," Geena groaned

Carly blinked at the words. Porn? "Uhh Geena, I didn't think you went for that stuff on cable."

"I'm not, unless Jon was here giving it to me live. Nah its just Rich and Bri are going at it like rabbits . God I swear its been hours. He’s fifty for God sakes, you’de think he’d get tired!"

"But the guys are in Seattle, and Bri she was with him there. What did they come all the way across country on their one day off to have sex in your room?"

Carly shook her head, something just didn’t make sense.

Carly took a deep breath and continued, "You aren’t drinking are you?"

"I wish I was drunk, I wouldn't be talkin' to you right now, or hearing the fuckathon if I was drunk. To make a long story short that night at truth or dare was a bit stressful, caused Richie to take a drink or two and because of that Bri bolted. She didn't want to be the reason he slipped back into drinkin. She showed up here a few days later. Before you ask, I have no idea where she was in the meanwhile. Anyhows she showed up yesterday, and he flew in after the second Seattle show to retrieve her.” Geena rambled on a few minutes only to be halted by Carly’s questions.

"Woah girlie, slow down and do that one again. Bri left Richie over a drink? A drink or two of what? Is that why she's not been online?"

"From what Richie told me on the phone he finished off a bottle of wine, but it was a wake up call instead of him sliding further. He was determined to get her back and showed up here. And that is why they are now in my guest room making up."

She snorted her soda over the table. "Why do I think he makes up appropriate to his old nick name?"

"Oh he is definitely living up to that nickname. Why couldn't HRH have shown up with him?" Geena threw her head back against the pillow with frustration. "Try listening to that for hours, and I am not kidding on the hours part."

She couldn't stop the laugh, "I'm sorry?" She shook her head, in some ways it was funny as hell, in others it wasn't. She could well imagine the longing Geena was feeling, hell she was feeling it herself. "I know you miss him, has he even called?"

"Yea he did. He wants to see me again." Geena almost squealed. She hadn't been able to tell Bri anything because Richie had shown up and whisked her away.

"That's so great Geena, Did he give you a time?"

"Just gotta figure that out with my work and all. I'm not sure if its more than just another around of hot sex but hell I'll take it . I’ll take whatever I can get."

She nodded as she listened. "I can understand that. There's just something about them all huh?"

"Yes there is far more than we could have ever imagined. So you hear from the Joker? " Geena asked as she changed positions on the bed to get more comfortable.

"Not yet, but he's been busy and I've been working a lot of doubles. I mean, not like I expect him too or anything."

"IF we were talkin' about HRH I’d agree with you but this is Lemma we're talkin' about. He was smitten with you girlfriend. I'm sure he's gonna call you "

"I know he seemed to be, but Geena I'm not some glamour puss, I don't know that I made that big of an impression."

"Pfffffffft Caro yes you did and girl you are hot. You just don't see it but girl you had him eating out of your hands while we were there."

She shook her head. Even though Geena couldn't see it. They knew her history and still kept trying to reassure her that some man would make a difference. "I'll believe that one when I see it, maybe."

Geena sighed. She hoped her feeling about David was right, that he did care for her and didn't just charm her into sex. Though Carly didn't go into all the details she knew they had, and for her to sleep with him screamed volumes. It was special to Carly, she could only hope David realized this. "Oh I believe Lemma is gonna call you and you won't be able to get rid of him, "Geena teased.

Her mind went back, playing over that final night again."I hope your right G, really I do."

"I am right about this girl. David and Richie are rare breed. They love and treat women like gold. Jon on the other hand…." Geena chuckled, " I had to pick the bad one out of the bunch didn't I? "

She tilted her head, propping her phone on her shoulder as she reached for her dinner. "Not the song you been singing all these years. What changed your mind?"

“Oh I think the good ole Jersey boy is in there with the heart of gold -- just he is so -- well jaded I think he just closed himself so much its gonna take a miracle to reach the real him "

"If anyone can work a miracle it's gonna be you Geena."

"We shall see. He called me his woman tonight, but I think it was by accident. I’m not sure if he meant it. I was telling how psycho Jared was and he got all caveman protective, even said he’d be sending out security men to watch over the place." Geena couldn’t hold back the grin. “It was a very interesting call.”

"Doubt he does that unless he cares G."

'I liked to think, so considering I already gave my heart away. Stupid I know, but after 20 plus years loving him as a singer, then getting to know him in the most intimate way it was hard not to. You think I would be as cold as he is considering my parents." Geena snorted sitting up , bringing her knees up hugging them to her chest. “And yet I fall in love easy. I still trust. Call me silly.”

"That's the difference, you didn't have what he had growing up so you're more open to love, he had all that love, all the love of his fans, then of his wife, and when she left him it must of sent him reeling. We never saw it so professional he is, but you know it made an impact G."

"Yea see that’s the thing not sure if he is gonna be willing to give his heart again. We all speculated as fans but knowing them a bit more personally? Well, now I don't know."

She started to chuckle, "and yet you say he's sending protection your way, he's inviting you places, he's calling. That doesn’t seem like he's immune."

Geena joined in her laughter. "Guess not. Hell he is tweetin more than I ever seen him do before on the net. You know, he sent me pictures of Richie in email, though I couldn't tell Bri who I got them from. I think it was his way of helping them both realize what they had. Will shoot them off to you in an email in the morning. It was of Richie on the beach in Maui and girl he had this lost look on his face it was sad."

"What did he have to be sad about?" Wasn't Bri there with him in Maui? What the hell actually happened?

"The pics were taken after Bri took off on him," Geena explained.

"Oh. But he came after her? How'd he managed to do that? I mean, I know he's bound to be persuasive, but usually when Sabrina bolts, nothing turns her around."

'He called me and persuaded me to help. I had to Caro. I mean if you heard the desperation in his voice and after seeing those pics I knew he loved her. Bri got pissed off at me, but hey not like she wouldn't do the same if situations were reversed."

"You helped them and you're still in one piece? Way to go G!"

Geena laughed, “Well he protected me, whisked her off before she could really tear me a new one." Her voice was dry with humor. “with him around I don’t think she gets much of a chance to think of anything but moaning.”

"Lucky you. So anything else up and around? Has Jared been poking around again?"

"Yea he has. I didn't tell Bri, I didn't want to scare her but that’s why Jon wants to send his security as quickly as he does."

"Well hell Geena, you gotta be careful."

'Oh I am. Had to take a long way home tonight I think I lost him. When will the fucker stop?"

"Unless he gets the medical help he needs? Probably not til he's dead."

"He ain't gonna get that. He has nothing wrong with him according to my parents. Someone needs to put him out of his misery that’s for sure."

"I feel the same way girl. I just hope it’s no one I know."

"I won't have any qualms in doing it if it meant Bri being safe."

"Hush G, we can't have you in prison. Heck things are just getting interesting!"

"It will be self defense. I’ll make sure of it. You know how much he hates me "

She started to speak as her phone beeped. "Listen, phone's beeping, but I'll call back soon and we'll discuss this. Don't you go do anything stupid Geena. You hear me?"

'I promise I won't do anything stupid unless the asshole does something stupid, then all bets are off."

"He breathes, that’s enough to ensure stupidity." She listened as the phone trilled again, pulled it away and frowned at the Jersey number. Who the hell would call me from Jersey? "Look someone from Jersey is calling this number, no idea who.."

“Bet its Lemma," Geena teased. "Go ahead answer talk to loverboy. We’ll chat soon, luv ya girl."

"Naah bound to be just a friend somewhere they shouldn't be. Besides David’s on his way to San Jose right?" She laughed, "Talk to ya soon Girlie, you behave now."

"Oh I'll behave until I get my hands on HRH again, then I can't promise anything but lots of misbehaving."

She laughed as she hung up. Trust Geena to turn it all back to wanting to jump Jon Bongiovi's bones."



No comments:

Post a Comment