He glanced up from his keys and frowned. She was standing there, worry painting her pretty face in shades of pale. Standing quickly and started towards her, he saw Jon lead Geena off. Slipping up behind her his hands slid around her waist as he mumbled against her pretty golden hair. "How's it going Ketsl?"
She smiled as he whispered into her ear, a slight shiver racing up her spine at the heat of his breath on her skin. She managed to stutter out, “Good so far... But it looks like my friends are abandoning me again.”
A slight frown furrowed his brow at her overly exuberant response. "Ya sure about the baby? The other two ran off pretty quickly."
She smiled, and nodded. “ Yep. It looks like they found better company. It seems you're stuck with me yet again. I hope you don’t mind?”
His finger slid up to brush away the little worry lines that appeared on her forehead. "You worried? I'm not worried... don't mind one bit at having such a lovely lady on my arm." He tightened his hold as he turned to her face him. "So what does the pretty lady want to do before the concert?"
She watched him a moment, trying to decide what to say, wondering what she could ask that wouldn’t seem too forward. “Well, I always wanted to explore the world behind the stage. Care to show me around?”
He grinned widely and started off towards the stage. Hell if that wasn’t just nice. Although they had quite a few fans that wanted to see backstage, it was usually to find the men, not see how things worked. He instinctively knew she was interested in the mechanics of things and that impressed him.
“Not much to see babe, lots of cables and equipment." He chuckled as he led her towards his area, stopping for a moment in front of Teek's kit. "This is the rhythm section."
“Wow! Look at all these drums! How does he know which one to use and when?!?!”
"Well baby, how do you know when to use a stethoscope or needle? Lots of learning and practice right?"
Tico's head popped up from under drum kit suddenly, growling out in his distinctive voice, "and lots of talent too." He straightened and sat back, his hands flying as he pounded out a little solo for Carly before winking her way. "Lotta power too, not like playing keyboards you know."
Carly threw her head back and laughed.! “ I think you just got told David! Nice to meet you,” she said as she offered her hand in greeting.
Tico reached out to gently take her hand before lifting it to place a light kiss on the palm. "Nice to meet you as well chica bonita." He winked at Dave a moment. "If he gets too outrageous just let me know. His head's better than my cajón for keeping rhythm."
A cajón ? She looked puzzled
Tico smiled as she got the pronunciation right, his mouth opening to explain only to be interrupted.
David grunted at the words from his friend. "You just keep those hands to that damned box man." He turned to Carly and grinned, "Yeah that’s his beat box You'll see it tonight. Big damn piece of wood he slaps around to keep time during the acoustic sets."
“Oh,” she blushed, “I can't wait to see you guys perform tonight! it's been over 2 years since my last concert.”
"Well we've got you front row so you won’t miss a thing tonight." He smiled as he led her from Tico's area, through his as he explained each piece of his set up before moving into the backstage area.
When her eyes went wide in Richie's guitar area he laughed, "Yeah he uses them all baby. They are the brushes and paint to his music making. Says each one is like a color and you have to mix and blend them to get unique sound."
“Wow,” she reached out to gently caress the gleaming wood of
Richie's axes.
He smiled at the reverence she paid to Richie’s guitars. Richie paid thousands for, then beat on nightly like they came from Woolworths. Taking her hand he showed her the quick change areas and the underbelly of the stage, where all the computers were. "This is just part of it, starting in Seattle it will be much more complicated, and yes baby I'm getting you out to some of those shows to see that.” And so I can see you and get to know you better.
She shook her head. He didn’t think she’d just up and travel with him did he? Yeah it was a very alluring thing, but she had obligations. “Don't get me wrong david, I'd love to see you guys perform.. but I do have a full time job and that job is what pays my bills.”
He leaned in to press a kiss on her forehead before pulling back to grin, "Mohegan, Philly, New York. Baby everywhere around you we hit." He frowned slightly as she mentioned bills, "I don't recall saying you had to pay for tickets. Did you hear me say you had to pay for tickets? What ,YOU think I can't afford to take care of my lady now?"
Carly slowly turned to face him, her eyes going wide. Did he just say "my lady" No way, we just met! “Uhm, david, what I meant is that I do have a life with a mortgage and car payments...but if i can get some days off, I'd love to come and see you play in the Tri-State area.”
His brows waggled slightly, "Your point Ketsl? You all accepted tickets from strangers just yesterday." He shrugged, "Besides by the time we can get you to a concert I plan on knowing you much much better." His hand lifted as he brushed her hair back from her face, "Much much better."
“Well, yesterday was a Twilight Zone type of episode. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow,” she whispered.
He tugged her in closer as they walked towards teh exit. "Baby you haven't seen Twilight Zone yet."
“that's what I'm afraid of,” she gulped out to the sound of his chuckles..
He swooped her up into his arms whirling around and around until she screeched. "No need to be afraid I'll keep ya safe."
“Put me down you nut case,” she laughed.
He stopped twirling as they reached the car, then settled her slowly to her feet, biting back the groan as her body pressed and rubbed along his on the way. She was going to kill him, and all with blushes, whispers and soft whimpers. God help him when he finally convinced her to let him make love to her. "So to the hotel to get ready?"
He winced slightly when his voice sounded rough. He hadn't felt this randy since his twenties.
“I guess, although I'm already dressed for tonight...but I can always freshen up.”
He ushered her into the car with a smile then slid in beside her. "Ehhh I know most girls need to freshen up, but i sort of figured you might want time to touch base with the other girls."
She shook her head and couldn’t hold back the laugh, “Sure...if they are not too busy with your friends.”
He leaned back against the seat and nodded, "Well I have a feeling that they'll be at the hotel. Jon and Rich won't say much, but we all tend to go into our own space a little before a concert Carly, a few minutes of quiet before the bedlam."
“Of course you need some time to get ready and get your head in the concert frame of mind!”
He grunted at her words. "It’s the after concert silence that’s usually the killer. Ketsl. Coming off stage after hearing all those screams to just silence? I think we all hate that the most." His smile widened as she nodded and made little sounds of understanding, his hand tightening on hers.
“That’s when we all usually end up doing crazy shit we shouldn’t."
The car halted at the back of the hotel all too soon and he swiftly helped her out. Walking along with her to the elevator he couldn't stop himself from keeping his arm around her. She was so tiny, almost fragile and he couldn't help but adore her. "Pick ya up around sevenish? We usualy try to be back to the arena a good hour before the show starts."
She smiled and nodded "sure, see you then!"
He leaned in to steal a kiss, and almost groaned as her tiny hands stole around his neck. Pulling away regretfully he winked. "See ya soon Ketsl."
No comments:
Post a Comment