Friday, April 23, 2010

Chapter 60


Geena hung up the phone all giggly she shouldn't get too excited not yet but she had to love when he was angry, his true emotions would flow out. She almost wanted to bounce out to the living room, but forced herself to remain calm. She glanced out into the living room to find Bri still asleep and smiled. Now its time to get to work.

She pulled their forum up first and noticed Bri hadn't been on today at all. Not only that but all the searches on You Tube had been for Hallelujah or Born nothing for Richie. "That is gonna change," she whispered to herself as she typed in Homebound Train Richie Seattle.

"Damn it!" She cursed when no links appeared. There was nothing on Richie as she kept scrolling through every Richie from every era, but not the one she wanted. Bri so needed to hear Richie singing those words. She just knew it would prove what she'd been saying.

She kept at it for what seemed hours when one finally popped up. "I think I found one! Bri! "

Geena debated shaking her friend awake, but before she could there was a knock at the door.

Bri's eyes fluttered open, one hand moving up to rub her eyes. "Found one what? Jeez, what time is it anyways?"

"I found Homebound Train, " Geena squealed as she clicked play. "OH Dear God in Heaven! Just listen to him!"

She pulled the pillow over her head and tried to not listen. but Geena had cranked it up extra loud and the growls were rolling along with hot as fire playing.

There's a woman I know
Said don't take no plane
Better take a train
Cause I like it real slow

She remembered well how he took it slow. God damn, a song over 23 years old and it was as relevant to her as the songs of today. Dear god, would the torment never stop?

I'm on my way
I'm heading home
To be with my baby

"Turn it off G.. please just turn it off."

Geena sighed, "Let it finish, I want to hear even if you don't. He's kicking ass on this song." The knock on the door became a hard pound. "Shit I forgot someone was at the door." She stood up, walked over to the door and opened it. "Well aren't you a surprise?"

He heard his solo blasting and chuckled. "Damn already made it to the vid sites? Heya darlin." He leaned forward and gave her a peck on the forehead."She tied up or what?"

"Not yet, but I think she wants to strangle me. " Geena laughed. "C'mon in. Care for some coffee or soda?"

He nodded as they stepped through the entryway. "Coffee be nice darlin. Why she wanna strangle you?"

"Because I'm tormenting her," Geena grinned. " Bri you have company!" With that warning she walked into the kitchen to make a fresh pot of coffee.

Bri's head slid from under the pillow. "Company? I dont get...." Eyes went wide as she bolted the couch. "YOU! What are you doin' here?"

"You wouldn't come back to me darlin' so I came to you, " Richie grinned.

She moved to the computer and hit the space bar, or tried too. She had to stop the growls.

Hearing that and him standing there? Not a good combo, her blood pressure was already zipping towards the roof. "I left so you'd be okay. Don't you get that?"

"No I don't. I don't get that at all. Shouldn't I decide what is best for me? What's best for me is you, like it or not Darlin'." Richie walked over and pulled her into a tight embrace, his head dropping as he brushed his nose over her hair, refilling himself with the scent of her.


She groaned as his arms went around her and that scent of his started teasing her senses. She tried to pull back and he only tightened his grasp.

"Maybe you don't know what's best this time."

"And you do? " Richie challenged her. " C'mon darlin I slipped up, but I havent' since. And you know why that is? Because of you. When you left I could have easily drowned my sorrows but I didn't. I want you and if that means total sobriety then so be it. I'd rather have you than the booze any day."

She couldn't stop herself, her head angled in to press against his chest, the beating of his heart soothing in ways she couldn't describe. "You wouldn't have slipped up if it hadn’t been for me."

"Bullshit I could have slipped for any reason."

"Maybe so, but thats not convincing enough for me to change my mind though."

"What would it take to convince you? " Richie smile slid to his lips. She'd lost the last challenge about changing her mind. He was sure he could get her to change it this time as well. "I'd do anything."

The temptation to say growl kept battering at her mind, her lips even moving to form the word, but with herculean effort she pushed it back. "I dunno."

"Sure you do. Name it I'll do it baby," Richie murmured close to her ear.

She shivered as his lips brushed over the shell of her ear, her throat working to make sound and failing. Taking a deep breath she tried to push back. "I can't think when you...you..."She glanced up at the twinkle in his eyes. "Why'd you sing that song?"

"Cuz I knew if you heard about it, and knew the lyrics you would figure out I was comin' for you."

"Trusted on the reliability of the net that much?" She shook her head and laughed, "Its not like they show up regular after a concert, sometimes it takes days."

"Well had a bit of help on this one," Richie winked. "Thank Jon for it too."
She whirled and yelled, "GEENA!"

Geena peeked her head out of the kitchen forcing innocence into her voice."Yes, Bri?"

"YOU KNEW AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?" Her voice started to rise as the hilarity and hysteria mixed together lethally, "YOU KNEW he was coming and kept quiet so I wouldn't leave?? You ...." She'd actually partnered up with them against her? How could she stay strong and keep him safe if her best friend was in the enemy camp?

"GAH!"

"Yes I did. You think I would do this if I thought he didn't care about you? Hell no! When he called I could hear it in his voice, I could hear how he missed you, so be mad at me but I'm glad I did it." Geena walked back out with Richie's coffee, her head high and shoulders set. "Id' do it again too."

She spluttered for a few moments her mind working overtime to figure it all out.

"Its not about wants! It's about what’s BEST for him." She turned to make her way to the bedroom, fully intending on shutting herself inside and them out. "Maybe HE can take YOU back to San Jose! You can have them both. YOU'RE SAFE!"

"Bri you don't understand, I talked to Jon tonight. We are gonna have security here as early as tomorrow if he has his way." Geena grinned at the words. He'll help keep us all safe.


Bri stopped in front of the door and turned. Jon was the smartest, he saw the danger even when the bobsey twins standing there grinning at her didn't. "Always knew he was the smart one. SEE? EVEN HE gets it!"

"Bri no that ain't it. Jon is very protective of what is his. Geena could break a fingernail and he'd flip." Richie tried to lighten the mood. "But seriously darlin' you don't have to worry about me. I can take care of myself."

All the doubts hammered at her, but not half as hard as his reassuring voice did. God she wanted him, wanted the safety, laughter and fun he made her feel, and in typical Bri fashion his last words settled in. "HIS? He'd flip over a fingernail? I knew he was strange."

Richie nodded. "Sure did, the ugly mug said it. Damn right. Heaven help her if she gets glared at or some poor fuck hits on her."

Her hands went to her forehead, rubbing frantically to ease the stress and tension. They'd landed in Jovi-Land and it seemed there was no getting out. She'd tried, but he'd followed her damn him. "You growled."

"Ah that's your weakness darling." Richie smirked, walked up to her and leaned down to kiss her. "Now will you come back with me?"

Her head tilted up to watch his face, her back pressing into the bedroom door as her hands slipped behind her to grasp the knob. "What if I say no?"

"No is not an option."

She started to grin, as one hand twisted the knob. "Since when?"

"Since I met you," Richie grinned.

She glanced at Geena a moment and before she knew it they'd both started to laugh. "You think you gonna get by with shit cuz you can growl?"

"What's so funny girls? "Richie asked throughly confused.

She took a step forward, then another until she was toe to toe, chest to chest and eyeball to chin with Richie. "You chose that song, you rocked it out, you used that growl cuz you KNEW what it did.. but it wont keep ya safe from me telling ya like it is. Ya got that?"

"I got that. Still, I ain't leaving without ya."

She debated for a split second, whether he'd actually attempt carrying her over his shoulder if she refused. Glancing up she saw the steadfast stubborness and decided that he probably would. "Well," she drew the word out low and slow, "I guess I can."

Richie grinned " Good girl, now lets get some sleep. We have a plane to catch in the mornin'."

Her gaze skittered to Geena then back to him. The house had only two bedrooms. "Uhh, ok you can take the guest bedroom. I'll bunk down on the couch, I'm shorter. "

"I don't think so Darlin' I didn't come all this way to sleep alone." Richie spoke adamantly.

She glanced at Geena again."It's her house," she hissed, "We can't, its .."

Geena rolled her eyes. " I ain't a nun for fuck's sake and I sure ain't you're mother. Go you two. Scoot." She walked over, pushing both of them into the bedroom.

She squeaked as the door shut behind them, her body moving back as his stalked forward. "You act like you haven't had sex in forever."

"I haven't." Richie growled pulling her close. "Not since you left."

"That was only a few days!"

"A few days too long," was the whisper as his mouth captured hers.

3 comments:

  1. Girls. I found your story sometime last week and spent all of last weekend catching up. I now have found myself living for updates... Its soooo good!! I love your heroines and can't wait to see what come of it all. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your story last week and Love it.

    I'm a little worried about the asshole though, when he is really watching the house and saw Richie walking in...well, I have a bad feeling. When will the security arrive??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope security shows up soon. I don't like the thought of nutso outside watching the house while the girls and Richie are inside unprotected.

    ReplyDelete