Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chapter 38


She rolled her eyes. "No one has the nerve, some are scared of you. But ya know you turned into the very thing you swore you wouldn't be? I haven’t seen one concert yet, But I've seen scores of vids from those concerts. And it’s always the same; same old songs, same old schtick. Amazing that the fans have stuck too you. But that speaks of the pure gold of your words. Are you too afraid to shake it up a bit?"

She watched him quietly as he stood there, her eyes going wide. Is he giving me the fuckin’ stink eye?

"Whatcha been doin, talking to Geena? Is it gang up on Jonny day or what?" Jon growled.

She pulled away from Richie and took a step forward to face him square on. "No, It's truth for Jonny day. Can't take it?"


"I can take it . Geena dished it and I took it, though its making me wonder why I agreed to this now, " Jon grumbled.


She glanced back at Richie and winked. "Cuz somewhere inside of that businessman wrapped in corporate finery lies a little known man called Jonny, who knows the worth of trusting his best friends gut feelings?"

"Yea whatever , thought you were fans. Where's all the giggly gushy shit that comes with being a fan?"

"Stuck up some idiot obsessive fan's ass that’s too busy seeing perfect Jonny to realize he’s a screw up like the rest of us? " She blinked innocently and started to give him a ready wide open giggle, her perfect imitation of the raging fan girl. "Oooooh Jonny your hairs so pretty!! Ohhhh Jonny sign my tit. Ooooooh Jonny what a big white smile you have!"


Bri started to jump and squeal hysterically. "Oh my fuckin' God.. its JONNNNNN." She threw her hand to her forehead and fainted back, falling against Richie's chest., her hands fluttering over her face in a fanning motion. "Help me, help me I can't BREATHE!"


Richie watched Bri as his jaw dropped to the floor. Before he knew it the laughs started. Hell he couldn't help but laugh. He felt bad for his buddy, he really did, but this was priceless.

Jon shot that glare that would make the normal person cower but was seemingly lost on Bri. " And I am supposed to like you and Geena why? " He had to admit he had lost himself somewhere along the line but he just was too stubborn to admit it at least out loud.

As his words hit she straightened and stepped back to him, her hand rising to tap his nose with each word she enunciated. "Because we will only tell you the truth, no matter how hard it is to hear."

"Well its time to go, I gotta go get your friend that you seem to abandon lately," Jon growled as he turned around and started to make tracks to the door. He was going to slam the door to make his point. He was that was pissed off.

"You fuckin' wait a minute you hard headed jackass!" Bri reached out and grabbed his arm, her mouth running a mile a minute. "If I didn’t like you, If I didn’t CARE, I wouldn’t give a shit how many people made fun of how you run your shit. BUT I CARE! You talk of shaking it up this tour. Then do so. You wanna find Jonny AGAIN asshole? Sing the songs you were scared about, the ones you fretted over. The ones that weren’t million sellers that helped you on the way. GO back to your fuckin' roots and learn who you are again.. Guess what honey?? The fans will SCREAM for ya .. they ache for it."

Jon stood there for a moment in shock. No one dared to grab him and make him pay attention and to be honest maybe its what he needed. He gave her credit for that much. He appreciated those who would be honest, no matter how it stung. " If you would have kept in touch with your friend you would know I had plans on doing just that . Thank you, now if you let go I can go meet your friend."


She removed her hand muttering, "insufferable hard headed unthankful jackass." She whirled, forcing the emotions back as she moved to Richie. "You like him why?"


"Cut him some slack will ya? He has had to deal with a lot of shit over the years and it's taken its toll on him. That and well the divorce threw him for a loop. He cut himself off from emotions because it just hurt too damn much. I turned to the bottle he turned to work " Richie explained.


She sighed and glanced back to see him still standing there, anger in its purest and most beautiful form. Sighing softly she turned around."Listen Jon, Not trying to make you mad, but I can't help myself, if the truth is there I speak it. And yes, she's my friend, and so help me God if you hurt her with your all business no time for friends approach I'll snatch ya bald headed."

She turned back around, wrapped her arms around Richie and hugged him hard. "Gotta go pretty up for my first concert. See you soon."

Turning to move to the door ahead of Jon she mumbled, "If I'm still welcome there."
Richie sighed " Man, she's right you gotta admit it "


Jon watched her retreat and shut the door gently before he let go of the sigh that had been building. "Yeah, I know. Just, shit, to hear it out loud from someone that ain’t inside my skin? Sucks man. When you said she was real with you, ya fucking meant REAL huh?"


"Tried to tell you . Maybe that’s what we both need. I'm not saying Dot wasn't real but she just got used to you being gone and made a life for herself. You need that in your face baby I love you but you fucked up sorta shit "


Jon muttered, "Maybe so man. Maybe so. Got to many yes men and woman in my world, might be nice to have someone who will test me. Dunno man, I just don’t know." He shook his head and started to laugh. "Either way we already planned to dust off the oldies tonight."

"Because they're right or because you are getting a payback later? "Richie inquired

He shrugged slightly then started to laugh. "Ah fuck it man, I can't lie. It's both." He threw up a hand and started to the door, "Either way, You were right you Ass.. But I'll never admit it in front of anyone." With that he slipped through the door and headed off to ready himself for the opening of the Circle Tour.

A smile broke out on Richie's face as he muttered " 'bout damn time Jonny boy , 'bout damn time "

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loove Bri! I believe the girls are in for a helluva show.

    ReplyDelete