Richie strolled slowly to the bedroom, his thoughts tumbling over each other. She’d up and left him a second time, even after saying she’d never do it again she’d done it. The hurt mixed with his knowledge of his wife. He’d figured it was all about Geena and helping her, and after what Jon had done he’d seen no other course than Geena leaving. It’s why he’d said what he did, that if Jon didn’t fix it it was over. Shit they were the best of friends, him and Jon,but there were just some things you didn’t back your friend up on. She’d left and it had hurt, so he hadn’t called her. He hadn’t called no matter how the question of why had screamed within his soul. He hadn’t called because she’d done it without so much as asking. He’d not called and where deep inside figured it was fucking up the way he did it. Sure Geena needed comforting, he knew that. Sure Bri felt she owed her friend, he’d even figured that, but he’d never figured he’d be the one left alone because of Jon’s mistake
He cracked the door open and softly then leaned against the door frame watching the body he’d craved for the last two days. He couldn’t decide if he should speak to her or not. She’d broken her promise and considering that she needed a little homemade punishment. And even as the urge to punish rose his eyes watched as those slender shoulders started to shake. When the first wave of her whimpered sobs reached his ears all the intents on punishment vanished in a singular puff of figurative smoke. Shit, she was crying, she was hurting over what she’d done too? Clearing his throat he called out to her. " Bri darlin'? " When she didn’t seem to hear him he stepped into the room and gently closed the door behind him. He hated to see her cry, hell it told him louder than any words how fuckin’ hard her decision had been.
She cuddled the pillow, her thoughts thousands of miles away as she lay there. She'd cried until her throat was raw and she knew her face would be blotchy from the tears. She'd done what she had to do, the only thing she could even though Geena had told her she didn’t have to. She was married now, and that meant choosing him first, and yet time after time, she'd chosen otherwise. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't blame him if he never spoke to her again. Hell even she wouldn't blame him.
She took a deep breath and let it out, feeling her chest constrict, when the softest most wanted voice in the world intruded on her thoughts. He couldn’t be here. There was no way he could have found her that quickly, any of them.
Richie walked to the bed then perched easily on the edge. "Baby, its me look at me. " He reached for her turning her to face him, his first glimpse of her shattered face reinforcing his need to show that he did understand what she did. Suddenly his hurt was gone in a wave of love and total understanding of the place she’d put herself in. "See its me," he softly smiled as his finger stroked her face.
She opened her eyes, shock filtering through her system to see him actually sitting there. She hungrily watched him, from the top of his semi shaggy head down along each precious inch. Taking a deep breath she managed a slight whisper. "I'm sorry. I know I shoulda asked, but ... there’s some things ya have to do even when ya don't wan...." She hiccupped and continued, "Wanna, especially for Geena. She's been so sick, and she helped me when I needed to get away from Jared. I couldn't let her go off alone. I couldn't, even though it meant risking you." Her words rambled on and on about choices and fear, her breath catching in her throat as she finished, "I missed you though, every second."
He pulled her up into a hard embrace, his hands soothing along her back as he murmured. "It’s okay darling I understand. I admit, I was upset a bit in the beginning, but I was wrong too in not calling you. I just figured G needed you right now and you were busy so I'm sorry too." He leaned in, his lips against hers. "I missed you more than you'll ever know baby."
She wrapped her arms around him tightly her nose sliding along his neck as she caught the first scent of him. As his scent filled her soul she queried, "Did the..jack.... umm Jon.. " She winced and looked up at him, "Well did he finally get smart?"
Richie chuckled as he softly stroked her hair, "Yea he's here. Carly didn't make it easy on him though. Jon had to yell for G to wake her up and well, not sure what's going on now, I came to you. She's pretty tired so can't tell if she's forgiven him yet or not."
She relaxed suddenly, knowing that Geena would be getting back on track, that Jon, if he were smart, would be fixing things and that Carly would be mother henning him into submission. It made things okay. Leaning back she tugged him down beside her as she curled into the heat she'd missed while apart from him. "Good then maybe I can...." She nipped his chin with a light kiss and closed her eyes, "rest."
"You rest baby. I'm not goin' anywhere , He kicked off his shoes then lay down behind her tugging her in close." How much sleep did you get anyway? Not much from what I see, " he replied soothingly into her ear.
Her hands slipped up under his shirt as she grumbled into his chest. "None, my security blanket was missing."
In the dining room, Carly surveyed the two empty seats and turned to David "Honey, can you please go and get Richie and Bri and tell them that lunch is ready? If Bri refuses, tell her the alternative is IV hydration and tube feeding," she smirked.
"But Ketsl, what if they're sleeping? Shouldn't she rest too? " David shuddered dramatically,"I don't wanna a grumpy papa bear on my ass. "
"What, you're afraid of Richie? You can take him...you're as big as he is and you got youth on your side," she snickered
David frowned. "Okay , but don't say I didn't warn you when I come back in pieces. " He sauntered down the hall, tapped lightly on the door. "Hey guys Carly is wanting Bri to eat and she said if she says no the other alternative is IV hydration and tube. Her words not mine… "
She snuggled closer to Richie, "Not hungry, and she ain’t sticking no needle in me." Raising her voice slightly she spoke towards the door. "Go away Curly."
David let out a frustrated sigh. " I'm telling you both, she means it, but I'll pass the message.” He turned to make his way back to the kitchen muttering,”how the hell did I become the go between? " He walked back in to the homey kitchen shaking his head. " She told me to go away and you're not sticking her with a needle."
Carly walked over and knocked on the door. "Hope you're decent! Cause I'm coming in!" She opened the door with her eyes closed, slowly opening one a crack to see them both dressed. A sigh of relief escaped her as she opened the second eye.
She groaned as the door opened, "He's never decent.. Carly... come on. I just wanna rest."
"Bri, honey...you need to eat! If you won’t do it for you, do it for that baby. Come on hun, just eat a bit, then you can rest!"
Richie glanced up at Carly then Bri. "Can't she just rest a little bit , I'll make sure she eats."
"How about we compromise? If I bring her a bowl of soup, will you make sure she eats it before she passes out? It’s the least you can do!"
She muttered and mumbled before peeking over Richie's shoulder, "I don't WANT to eat and I don't WANT to go out there. I might commit murder."
"Yes , I promse " Richie groaned at her tone , he knew she knew business " I know you do darlin' hell he got it from all of us in the short time you two were gone , that and the fact her walking out leaving , slammed him hard in the face . I hate to admit it but he does really love her "
"Bri, don't you worry, there are other ways to make him suffer," Carly mumbled under her breath. "Don't make me force feed ya, please! Just eat a bowl of soup, and I'll leave you be! Promise!"
Richie arched an eyebrow. "What are you up to Caro? " He had a sneaking suspicion she was going to do something to Jon but what…” His thoughts shunted off. Fuck him silly she was a nurse, The better question is what could she NOT do to Jon.
Carly managed a smile and forced innocence into her gaze as she responded. "Oh nothing....nothing you need to worry about that is....just make sure that neither of you drink from his cup, OK?"
She watched that gleam in Carly's eyes and winced. Suddenly the need for food become important, or at least being in the same room with said food became important. Sitting up she grabbed Richie's hand and pretended to growl, "Well let’s go eat."
Richie bit back a snicker as he climbed out of bed. Carly’s a fuckin’ miracle worker. Grasping Bri’s hand they walked out to join the rest of the group sitting in the dining room. "Caro remind me not to piss you off. "
"Atta girl!' Carly nodded with a satisfied smile and led the way to the dining room. Pointing Richie and Bri to their seats, she looked around her table, and sat down with a smirk on her face.
She leaned into Richie, her hand creeping around his neck as she tugged him closer for a whisper. "This ain’t about the food; this is about payback Jersey girl style. If you think I wanna miss this? Well then you're crazier than I originally thought."
Richie glanced over at Jon and almost felt sorry for him until he took one look at the exhausted faces of Geena and his wife. Fuck, he deserved whatever Carly dished out. He couldn't imagine what she did to his coffee but it either was gonna make him sick or…. he frowned “Its not too bad is it we do need him."
Bri forced back a laugh and shook her head. She knew Carly would never put anyone in danger, she’d just make them see clearly after a little dose of whatever bad medicine she’d cooked up.
When they were done with their lunch, Carly had David and Richie help her clear the table and load the dishwasher, while she got busy making fresh coffee. Grabbing a few mugs, she smiled and reached into her cabinet for a small plastic vial.
She glanced at the label and took out four capsules, carefully opened them and poured the powdered content into a mug with Jon's picture on it, then as an afterthought, she grabbed one more capsule and emptied it into the mug, stirring in some sugar to help mask the taste. There, if that little bit of powdered Ex-Lax won’t do the trick nothing will.
David watched his girlfriend closely shaking his head. Jon was in for a world of hurt and he couldn't help but laugh. His kitten was fiercely protective of her girls and after she is done with him? Well he’d bet his fuckin’ curls that Jon wouldn’t forget the lesson any time soon. Waving the drying rag around he winked, "All done kitten. "
Bri watched Carly curiously, her eyes sliding from the vial to Jon and back again. Moving over to Richie she leaned against him and schooled her face into a friendly smile.
"Uhum! And when he is done, he should be ready for a colonoscopy..." she whispered.
Jon glanced up at Carly and grinned at the coffee that was settled in front of him. "Now that’s what I'm talking about, thick black and strong."
"Yep, enjoy!' She winked and started to slice the lemon glazed pound cake, sliding a piece of the decadently smooth cake to each person at the table.
Richie had overheard her as he walked back to join Bri. He nearly choked on his coffee . Jon looked at him strangely. "Sorry coffee went down wrong pipe." He gazed at Bri then leaned over, "Hope you don't have to go to the bathroom for awhile." He winked at her glanced over at Jon's cup then back at her again.
Geena had barely tasted the soup, much less comprehended the nasty trick Carly was played on Jon . She sipped on her juice then rested her head on his shoulder. It was just so good to have him back, and have him acting so much like the Jon she had always known he could be.
Jon felt all the eyes on him and glanced around curiously. As he lifted the cup to his lips he grimaced when the sweetness hit his tongue. Normally he took his coffee straight and black but when he turned to look at Carly then the rest of his friends he kept drinking. No fucking way was he going to inspire more anger by acting like he didn’t like the little pitbull's coffee.
Carly passed around the cake and settled in her seat next to David. Leaning into David she gave him a quick kiss on the lips and squeeze of a hand
David squeezed her back 'Thanks kitten for making my cake "
Geena looked up and almost groaned that there was more to eat. "Cake too? Soup is enough don't ya think?” Her eyes looked longingly at the steaming coffee surrounding her. The coffee smelled so damned good. "Caro why can't I have just a sip of coffee? Please I'll be good after that. " She locked eyes with Jon's cup.
Carly gave Geena a stink eye to rival Jon's. "You drink that G and I will personally call your doctor and tell him that in my opinion you need bedrest!"
Bri's hand slid to Geena's only to curl around her fingers as she pressed in hard, her eyes meeting her friend’s in a don't you even think about it glare. Shaking her head slightly she prayed Geena got the message, that Carly was up to some of her old shenanigans.
Geena glanced at her two friends then it dawned on her. Carly did something to Jon's coffee but what? She shot Caro a confused look. "Fine , but I'm telling you first chance I get after this baby I am getting the largest Mocha Latte there is," she huffed.
"Fine, and I'll personally will buy it for ya and bring it to you as soon as you wean the baby off!"
Jon leaned forward, his eyes intent on Carly. "Couldn’t she at least have decaf?"
Carly snorted. Decaf was nasty, she’d never keep it in her home. "She could...if I kept that poison in the house that is..."
Geena rolled her eyes "After I'm done breastfeeding? Dammit that could take months." Her head fell back hard on his shoulder. "It’s not fair," she whined. Okay she sounded childish and she knew it, but damn it it had been how many hours since she slept?
"Geena, you sound like you could use a nap." She turned to Jon, "not to rush you, but what are your plans for today?"
He glanced at Carly curiously. Damn if it didn't sound like she was trying to get rid of him. "My plans were to get my wife back. Had that not been successful I planned on camping out on your lawn until she took me back. Now though? We have an appointment with a doctor on the way to Philly."
Richie bit back a retort. He definitely didn't ever want to piss this pitbull off, ever , He started to feel sorry for the girls, hell she was almost like nurse Hitler “Just think G, all that you and Bri are doing will be worth it -- in the end. " He smiled and took Bri’s hand in his, lifting it to his lips for a kiss. "We appreciate all the hard work you're doing -- don't we Jon?"
He turned and pulled Geena closer, his hand roaming up to run through her hair. "I appreciate it all. Took a good swift kick in the ass, but I love every single thing about all she’s doing."
"Well, it's an hour and a half drive to Philly, why don't you take a siesta before you travel?" She glanced at David and smirked, "I think you definitely look like you could use a nap!"
Jon glanced at Geena quickly, "would you like that baby? If ya want me to ...."
Geena glanced up at Jon covering a yawn with her palm. " You do ? " A sweet smile spread on her face. She knew she really shouldn't be this easy. She should kick his ass to curb and make him grovel but she just didn't have the energy to fight. 'I think I need to -- or Ill drop right here."
His arms tightened around her as he stood. Damn if having her back in his arms didn't feel so fucking right. He took a step towards the hallway, carrying her as easily as a pillow. "Just point the way wife."
Geena clung to him and pointed down the hall, waving back to everyone. "Sorry to crap out so soon but the bed is calling my name.”
Bri expelled the breath she'd been holding and started to laugh, "he ain't gonna get much sleep is he Carly?"
"Nah, he should be okay for few more hours...this stuff is designed to work in about 4-6 hours. Just plan on making frequent stops on your way to Philly," she giggled.
She glanced at Richie and David, her brows waggling, "Any chances we could order up two limos?"
Richie laughed "I think that could be arranged, but did you think that we could either have a very understanding Jonny or a very pissed off Jonny by Philly?"
"Pissing is NOT what he'll be doing tonight," Carly muttered under her breath and turned to David.
Bri glanced at David, who was damn near jitter bugging in his seat at the discussion about naps. Faking a yawn, she pushed her half eaten bowl of soup and desert plate away. "Richie, I'm sort of tired myself."
She glanced at David and winked, then turned to Carly with a waggle of the brows. "So tired I'll probably not hear a thing."
Richie’s brow flicked up as mental light came on. David don’t want to nap, that’s just fuckin’ stupid. He glanced at Bri who looked more eager to rest than she had and got it. She’s trying to give them alone time! Scooping Bri up into his arms he winked David’s way. "Yes, I think I could use one myself.” Without another word he carried his wife into her room and soundly shut the door behind him, laughing as he whispered on the way to the bed. “I hope to fuck she’s not a screamer.”
David grinned. “Yes us old fuckers need naps now " He practically dragged Carly to her bedroom, then lifting her up, opened the door and kicking it shut with his foot.
Tour Itinerary
-
*Bon Jovi Circle Tour One-Off/Promotion Shows*
October 22, 2009 East Rutherford, NJ: New Meadowlands Stadium
November 11, 2009 ~ NYC: Rockefeller Center
No...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment