The hours after Denver had been eventful to say the least. From the moment Rich had decided she had more than a tummy virus her hours had turned into non stop talk about doctors and babies. Her husband was one of the most excitable and happy go lucky people she'd ever known, but man when you threw a potential new Sambora into the mix he became damn near ecstatic.
From the moment she'd thrown up all over Jon and from every minute after that she'd rode what she could only call the rocketship Sambora. Even the lack of sex that night hadn't brought him down. If he wasn't chattering on about all the plans they had to make he was laughing hysterically at the memory of his best bud wearing reused squid. One of these days I'm gonna have to apologize for that. She couldn't stop the smile breaking free as she watched Richie heft all their luggage. Jon wearing that squid was a memory that would forever embarrass and tickle her.
Her curiosity grew as Richie handed off their luggage to a crew person before leading the way to a limo. At her quizzical look he'd explained they were taking the Jovi Jet from here out. And I thought that bus was luxurious, can't wait to see what all is on that airplane. She closed her eyes a moment as her nerves suddenly started twittering. God airplanes meant turbulence, and that meant.... God please give my husband no more ammo. Please let there be no turbulence on this flight.
She glanced up at Richie as they walked from the hotel smiling. He was whistling even now, a quirky sparkle in his eyes. As his arm went around her she nodded as he whispered that they'd be sharing a limo to the airport.
She glanced at Jon, her eyes shifting from his brow waggle as she slid into the limo beside Richie, and if her eyes weren't deceiving her he'd leaned a bit further away from her. Shit did he think she'd aimed his way on purpose? She smiled at Geena, who had elbowed him hard as he moved, his muffled exhalation of fuck making her laugh. Served him right.
She watched the scenery as the limo zipped through the Denver city limits. Before she knew it they were pulling up onto the tarmac of the airport. Damned if being with the band didn't cut through some of the red tape of waiting it seemed. Smiling as she exited the car she stepped over to Geena, her hand finding her friends. They'd always wondered what Jovi Air was like, and now they were going to find out first hand.
Her head twisted as she heard the snorts behind her, her gaze moving to Geena. Her brow furrowed as the snorts cut off. "So you're used to it, we aren't get over it." She winked at Jon and muttered, "or I'll find you next set of nausea I have."
Jon's eyes widened. "You wouldn't dare?"
Richie's guffaw escaped as his punched Jon's arm. "Fuck yeah she would."
She winked at her husband then turned, stepping into the plane as Geena whispered out a "Oh my God."
Her eyes swept over the richly appointed plane. The seats all in dark leather, the walls in creamy beige. This was no standard jet, oh no not for their guys. It was luxury with wings. Her eyes encountered a hallway that led to the bathrooms and to what could only be a sleeping area before returning to Geena. "Well this is more than even I expected."
Geena nodded as she slipped into the plush seat beside Jon. "Tell me about it girlfriend."
Bri settled herself into a seat next to Richie and quickly buckled up, her prayer for no turbulence reinstating itself.
She closed her eyes as the plane started to taxi down the runway, her hand twisting into Richie's as she felt the plane lift off.
When the turbulence hit she felt the urge rise and glanced at Geena who had turned this odd shade of green. She knew she had to look as green herself. She closed her eyes before deep breathing, knowing her friend was doing the same. They had to make it this flight. Jesus it was only four hours. She could go four hours without nausea right? Her hand flew to her mouth as she raced towards the door hiding the bathroom.
Within moments she opened the door, the damp paper towel at her lips only to see Geena standing there hand over mouth, her body jittering with the need to escape to privacy. Turbulence had gotten them both it seemed.
She stepped back to her seat and slid into its comfort even as the heat raced into her cheeks. Dammit she couldn't even hold down breakfast on a plane ride. How many more times was she gonna end up doing exactly as her husband said she would. He couldn't be right, he just couldn't be.
Richie tried to comfort his still very stubborn bride all the while biting back a grin. He knew for certain she was pregnant. This last mad dash to the plane's lavatory had secured his opinion, and it made him ecstatic. He had longed for another child ever since Ava had been young. Now was his opportunity to do it differently, to have what he'd always wanted around him. Family .
She slid back into her seat and prayed that the turbulence was over. Glancing up at Rich she caught his shit eating grin then noticed the snickering that was echoing in the cabin. "Whats so funny?"
"Nothing darlin'. You feel better? " Richie reached for her hand and squeezed it.
"I don't do too well with flying." At his scepitcal look she blinked, "What? I hate flying, and turbulence."
"Are you gonna keep making excuses? " Richie sighed. "I can't wait to get you to the doctor to prove I'm right. "
She settled further into her seat, her head dipping to rest on his shoulder. He'd not had time to more than hug her in the last twenty four hours and she was feeling the snarkiness. "It's just too hard to believe Rich."
"Why is it so hard to believe?" Richie asked the question as he slipped his arm around her softly stroking her upper arm.
She turned to watch the clouds from beyond the small window. "I dunno baby, I guess cuz you were so careful, and I just never... well I never considered that happening to me. Ever."
"It dont matter how careful you are, it still can happen. If its meant to be its meant to be, and baby I believe it was meant to be for us. " Richie smiled a sweet smile, turning her to face him again so he place a soft kiss on her lips.
She nodded at the words and sighed, "You won't be upset? I mean its so soon.”
"Baby it would make me the happiest man on this planet."
She offered him a smile before leaning against his shoulder. "Well we'll find out when we get to the next city."
"I know the answer already darlin'. I'm just doing this for the official yes." Richie grinned, giving her a slight squeeze.
She kept silent as he continued talking about doctors and appointments as if it were some grand adventure. God she couldn't be pregnant. And yet every time his smile got wider and his eyes twinkled more she couldn't deny how happy he was at the mere thought.
Jon glanced over, hearing Richie's words, seeing what his friend couldn't see and chuckled. He was so over the moon at finally having another kid he wasn't thinking. Of course Sambora rarely did when he was obsessing over something. He remembered well the look on Bri's face though when doctors were mentioned, and remembered well all that Geena had told him. Glancing to his own wife, he smiled. She was finally napping. Thank god for that, he'd rather she slept than spend all her time in the bathroom.
Shaking his head as Richie kept up the non stop monologue he knew he had to refresh his goofy friend on a few facts. Slipping from his chair he tapped Richie on the shoulder and nodded to the back of the plane. "Can I see ya a sec man?"
"Sure man what's up," Richie answered. He stood then turned to lean into Bri. " Baby I'll be right back." Giving her a quick kiss and followed Jon to the back of the plane .
He shook his head. "No easy way to say this man. I think you're pushing the doctor thing a bit too much."
Richie frowned at the words. Now why you say ing that? She needs to go man. You and I both know she is. "
"I also know that according to Geena she's had a rough go with doctors. After she left, hell after she escaped her marriage she saw shrinks man. They didn't help her one bit, did more harm than good. She hates them now. She didn't mention that to you?"
Richie practically fell into the chair as Bri's words swam to the front of his brain. "Fuck, yes she did, but man I put it down to the same kinda hate we all have. No one likes going to the doctor. Shit and I been pressuring her about it too. She has to go if she is. She can't not go to a doctor. What the hell do I do ? "
Jon sat down beside him. "Talk to her about it. Instead of being all about that kid I know you want, figure out why shes being stubborn. Get her to talk.. or hell fuck it out of her.. how long have you held out this time?"
"Well right before Denver, but its not because I was doing that on purpose. You fuckin' know how much I love sex. Its just that we haven't had much time to blink much less have sex . I know you did though, everyone know you did it in the shower, " Richie rolled his eyes and snorted.
Jon grinned as he leaned back in the chair. "I my friend know how to take advantage of opportunity. And MY wife is a lot easier ot deal with. Besides, ever think that she might not realize its just timing considering how you two are?"
He stood up and patted Richie's shoulder reassuringly, "Not that I have to give the King sex lessons." He stopped and shuddered dramatically, "Do I?"
"Fuck that shit, of course not. As long as you think you're dishing out advice," Richie chuckled, " You might take some too. How's come you so harsh on G sometimes. A girl likes a bit of softeness in her world. Softness that aint brought on by sex."
Jon's brow winged up to his hairline. "Harsh? What the hell do you mean man?"
"I noticed how you order her around a bit. I mean I know you ain't happy about all this, but you could be a bit softer. I dunno, maybe I just love see women treated like gold." Richie shrugged. "She's your wife so -- "
He shook his head, "Not being harsh with her, I've been honest." His frown grew, "You saying I aint
being good to her? Shit man, you don't see what goes on behind closed doors."
At Richie's doubtful look he sighed, "I'm trying man, I've explained it too her, Hell I thought she was getting it too."
"She hasn't said anything its just my observation is all. And no I don't see what's behind closed doors. Like I said she is your wife, you do as you seem fit. Just saying -- "
He leaned in, knuckles bracing him up against the table. "Told her yesterday I'd love the lil guy,and I will. Shit man, I thought I was done with all that crap, love, marriage kids? Then boom she blows in like a tornado and my entire life is starting all over again. I think she understands." He grinned a moment, "but if you hadn't spoken up I woulda thought you'd quit loving me, so thanks for caring about both of us enough."
"I know these girls come out of nowhere and turned our comfortable world upside down. We are married again with kids on the way. Its like we zoomed back in time a few years. Maybe the man upstairs to wanted to give us a chance to get it right this time. And of course I care. G is a great girl, one that actually cares about every inch of you no matter how nasty you can get . As for the lil guy? It could be a girl this time, " RIchie winked.
He snorted, "I have three out of four boys. I'll have another boy, you watch. YOU will get another girl." He winked with a grin.
"I say its a girl for you, boy for me . Just to drive you insane it'll be a girl . These are different girls they got different, you know, genes, " Richie chuckled.
"Yeah and its us guys that decide the sex, ya miss that part in high school ?"
"Yea but you had one girl and Stef was your first. This is your first baby with Geena so it's gotta be a girl. You catchin' my logic?" Richie laughed harder.
He shook his head and turned to go back to his seat. "You're logic is as warped as you are my brother."
"You wait and see. Its a gut feeling I got bro, and you know me and my gut. " Richie winked as he stood up to follow. " Don't be choosing no boy names, you ain't gonna need 'em."
Jon's middle finger flipped up as he settled into his seat just in time for the fasten seat belts sign to pop on. "I'd bet on it, but I think I'd be taking a sucker bet. She'll have a girl just to thwart my bet."
Tour Itinerary
-
*Bon Jovi Circle Tour One-Off/Promotion Shows*
October 22, 2009 East Rutherford, NJ: New Meadowlands Stadium
November 11, 2009 ~ NYC: Rockefeller Center
No...
15 years ago
Damn I read all of this in one go and the best ending to each chapter was Newer Post I have run out I need more, please Fab story Y
ReplyDeleteI like how you write Jon and Richie it's how I picture they would really be with one another.
ReplyDelete