Carly was quietly moving around in her sunny kitchen. Both Geena and Bri have disappeared into their bedrooms and have been quiet for a few hours. She hummed as she tended to the Chicken Soup on her stove top. A large lasagna was already sitting in the warming drawer. A kitchen timer went off and brought her out of her reverie. She grabbed her pot holders and took out the Lemon Pound cake from the oven and set it on the counted to cool.
Mixing the glaze, she set it on the counter next to the cake and glanced at the kitchen clock. Hmmm, nearly 3 pm, I should get the girls up before they end up with a head ache.
Just as she was turning towards the guest rooms, her door bell chimed. Sighing she went to the door and opened it.
His eyes shot to the door knob as it twisted, his hopes that Geena was the one at the door rising. When the door opened and he got a full view of his idea of a Jersey pitbull he put a smile on his lips. "Hey there Carly."
David's head swayed from behind Jon, a whistle escaping him. "Well helllooooo there beautiful."
She crossed her arms across her chest and stared at Jon. "Don't you Hey there me Mister!"
He wanted to take a step back but David was pushing forward. Stepping to the side he grunted as David swooped in and wrapped his arms around the little engine that could. "Now Ketsl, don't kill the man, he's come to grovel."
Then she looked up at David and smiled "Hi David, I promise I'll give you a proper greeting as soon as I'm done with your front man."
His head twisted as he looked at Jon with wide eyed laughter. "I tried man. Sorry."
She turned back to Jon. He was standing there looking so relaxed, and yet she could see the worry in his crystal blue gaze. Taking a deep breath she forced back the desire to just let him in and muttered. "So, Mr. High and Mighty Rock Star, what do you have to say for yourself? Make it good if you want me to even consider inviting you in."
Jon watched bemusedly as the tiny woman filled the doorway and knew if he tried to get past he'd probably be kneeling breathless within short order. Tilting his head he thought things over a moment and nodded. "I'm a worm, I'm lower than dirt. If my mama knew the stuff I had said she'd give me a whupping and me forty eight." He sighed at her stubborn look and continued, "I did a very stupid thing. Carly I have no excuse for it. All I can say is that when I found her gone my heart ripped in two. I miss her, I love her and I want her back."
Carly looked up at David "Do you have Mrs. B's number darling? She and I need to talk."
David glanced at Jon and then back at Carly. "You wouldn't really do that to him would ya babe? She's mighty fierce."
"I'm very tempted right about now!”
He leaned in closer, his lips sliding over her ear, "Seriously, if you want that baby to have a daddy don't call the mama. She'll kill him if she learns he treated ladies that way."
Richie’s voice grumbled from the rear of the men, "IF it was up to me, I think Mama B. should be contacted," he replied gruffly.
"Serves him RIGHT!" she grumbled under her breath but moved aside and waved them in.
Jon's eyes scanned the hall quickly, taking in the understated elegance of the neat little home. Seeing no evidence of his wife, and two closed doors he sighed. "She is here right?"
Carly nodded and motioned for the men to follow her into the living room. Pointing to the couch and the love seat, she turned around and grabbing David's hand moved into the kitchen.
So she’s gonna put me through the inquisition before I get to see my wife? He settled himself on the couch, watching as Richie seated himself across the room and sighed. At this rate he would be making things right when he was sixty.
David glanced down at his little dynamo as he was tugged into the kitchen. "What’s up Ketsl? Couldn't wait to get me alone? Not complaining mind you."
Carly wrapped her arms around David and buried her face in his chest, sighing happily. "Missed you! Lots!" she whispered. "But I need to deal with your friend first." Seeing him eyeing the cake on the counter, she laughed. "Yes, I made your favorite, but it’s still hot from the oven!'
He leaned in pressing his lips to her forehead for a moment, his arms tightening around her as he, for the moment, reveled in the feel of her next to him. "Go a little easy on him baby. He's been through a bit of hell." As she leaned away from him, her eyes starting to turn into thunder clouds he grunted. "He's thick headed, obnoxious and a pain at the best of times. But when he makes a mistake he owns up to it swiftly. He loves her kitten."
Richie glanced over with an arched eyebrow. His mood was dark and had been for hours. Just thinking of all that had happened had the urge to hit Jon again rising. Watch Jon settle in his seat, the nervous tic of his jaw present had him growling out, " Bit nervous are you bro? "
Jon grunted, "finally decided to speak to me Dean? Fuck yes I miss her. Just because I was angry doesn't mean I didn't." He glanced up, "Why am I explaining it to you? YOU want to kill me."
Richie shot him a look. "Better watch that tone. You need to do some damned groveling to everyone."
Jon's hand lifted, the Jersey salute in presence. "What the fuck AM I trying to do man? At least I tried to call MY wife, at least I left HER messages. What did you do? Pull another solitary?" Jon leaned in with a grin, "I'll have my wife in my arms soon. Will you?"
'You so sure about that are you? Really Jon, I didn't call because I thought she needed the time with G is all . I don’t think G is gonna give in so easily, " RIchie argued back.
Jon stood and paced towards Richie, his grin growing. "Ahhuh right, MY Geena is strong. Your wife isn't. She runs man remember? That's her modus operandi. She's the type to think you’re angry because you didn't call. Fuck I understand your woman better than you at that." He winked and turned back to his chair settling in again. "Hell I understood that better than I understood...." He lifted his head and yelled, "GEENAAAA!"
In the kitchen Carly jumped away from David mumbling "That's it! He's dead meat! Those two did not sleep all night!'
David started to laugh, "Go get 'em little mama."
Rushing into the living room, she grabbed a pillow off the couch and thumped Jon over the head.
"No yelling in my house Mister! This is not a damned arena or a stadium! Use an 'inside voice"!
Jon's hands went up at the pillow thwack, his smile escaping at Geena's grumble from down the hall. "She's attacking me Geeeenaaaa!" Glancing at Carly, whose eyes were flashing he mumbled, "Well how else can I get her attention?"
Geena swore she heard her name , Ok she must be dreaming then she heard it again and her eyes grew wide and she slid off the bed and opened the door. "JON , I'm not deaf, " she rubbed her eyes wearily. She had just fallen into a deep sleep only to snap awake at the sound of his voice.
Carly thwacked him with the pillow again. "You do it lovingly, with tender kindness! Or is the concept so foreign to you?"
He leaned back, his feet moving to settle on the ottoman in front of the chair as he relaxed, "Well that would work except there’s this pitbull of a nurse not letting me get to her."
Geena stumbled til she reached the racket that woke her up. "Can I please have some coffee now ?? IF I’m a good girl please? " Her eyes glanced blurrily over the gang of numbskulls causing the commotion.
"This pitbull of a nurse also has knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pharmacology at her disposal," she growled. Turning to Geena she scolded gently, "no hun,, no coffee for you little mama, but I made a pot of nice chicken soup to sooth your tummy!'
Jon's brow lifted at her words, his eyes moving to rake over Geena hungrily. Fuck if she didn't look wonderful, blood shot eyes, bedhead and all. "God you're adorable wife." His finger lifted as he waggled it in a come here motion. "Please come here. We need to talk."
Geena wanted to whine. "Chicken soup isn’t caffeine! I need caffeine! I just got to sleep what, " she barely could raise her head to see the time, “an hour ago I think." She turned to Jon then glanced at Carly then back to Jon. 'I'm so tired." She walked in his direction not sure if it was out of habit or just because there was a seat for her to flop down on.
"You can talk as much as you want later, she needs to eat NOW!"
When she was close enough he reached out and tugged her quickly into his lap, his head dipping in for a whiff of her scent. He felt his soul settle as she snuggled into his lap. "So bring her a bowl of soup. She ain’t moving."
"Don't you order me around you...you...little prick! This is MY HOUSE!!! And you are an unwelcomed guest! You better watch your mouth before I do something I might regret later! " She spat the words at him her eyes narrowing.
Jon muttered slightly, "Boy when you call them you call them. I can't even deny that one Carly."
"Please Jon , she took care of me, she's my friend. " Her head instinctively found his shoulder, his cologne infiltrated her brain and she knew she should be strong but he was right here and he felt so right.
His gaze cut towards Richie for a moment then back to Geena as he hugged her closer. "I had to have you in my arms; I've missed you more than you know. If that means I risk a little Jersey wrath so be it."
Carly's head turned towards Richie, who was still sitting like a lump of wood in her best chair. "And what do you have to say for yourself big guy? What's with the silent treatment? Bri does not deserve that!"
Geena leaned her head up in Richie's direction. "I tried to get her to stay really I did. Please don't be mad at her." Then she twisted around to face Jon, "You hurt me, I can't do this alone though."
Richie glanced at Carly then Geena before mumbling. " I'm not angry. I just thought you needed her is all."
"Well, she’s REALLY misinterpreting the silence then! Her room is the last one on the right by the way!''
Geena watched as Richie slowly stood and walked down the hall. If she didn’t know better she’d think he was going reluctantly. "Caro , I would so laugh if I wasn't so tired, " Geena chuckled.
Carly raised an eyebrow at her friend "What? What did I do?"
"Tiny you brought down two big bad Jersey boys," Geena snickered.
Jon grunted, "No she just put the nails in the coffin baby. You took down the Jersey boy. With a fuckin' smile."
"Well, that leaves one more," snickered Carly and went back to the kitchen and David.
Geena gazed at Jon curiously. “You really mean that? You ain't just saying this so I'll come back?" The moment her eyes met his she knew she’d lost the battle for sure. Nothing was gonna ever fight the pull of his baby blue eyes and their effect on her.
His hand lifted, his thumb brushing lightly over her lips. "I mean every fuckin' word I'm saying Geena. I can't deny I might get mad sometimes, probably say some stupid shit too, but you gotta get this. I DO love you," his free hand brushed over her belly, "and I love the little one too. Somewhere along the way you both just came in and took residence in my heart. I can't imagine a day without you in it."
Geena's eyes misted over. "Ok either I am super tired or someone replaced my husband; but either way I can't fight this anymore . It nearly killed me to leave and just as much to stay here. I almost at one point said fuck it all, treat me like shit I don't care. The hole in my heart was worse. " Then she paused, " That doesn't give you permission to do it again understand."
Jon shivered slightly, "It’s bad enough to have David Teek and Richie ready to kill me, but now we've added a new threat to the league, and she’s actually got the ability to make good on her threats!" He nodded towards the kitchen and laughed, "Tiny bulldog, big fuckin' bite. She scares me."
Geena snickered "so no more getting pissed if I puke on the sheets?"
His head shook as he snorted, "I'll just take it as proof positive that I'm blessed at a new life in my world."
In the kitchen, having given David a thorough kiss, Carly sighed and moved towards her cabinets. "Help me set up lunch?"
David's brow lifted. "Now we can set up their lunch, or we can escape this insanity and go have a private moment."
"As much as I'd love to say yes to an interlude down the hall, the pregos need to eat!" She paused a moment, “Speaking about pregos....where is Richie? I need to have a little discussion on birth control with him!"
He tapped her forehead with one finger and chuckled, "You sent him down the hall remember?"
"Oh Yeah! I did do that!" she laughed and handed him soup bowls and spoons "Be a dear and set those out on the table for me" she smiled and pointed him towards the dining room.
"And what will you do if you get blue balls again " Geena bit back a chuckle then gazed at Carly who made her way into the living room "Better get it right pitbull is standing over you. "
Carly tapped her foot lightly and gave him a "stink eye"
"Cold showers baby. I'm building up, standing under one for hours if need be."
Carly turned around and went to her hallway closet, pulling something out she walked back to the living room and threw a box of disposable ice packs at Jon. "Here, keep them, they may come in handy!''
His eyes travelled between ice packs and tiny woman and back again. "If I didn’t know better I’d think you intended for us to not practice for more.."
"Let’s get through this one first before we even think about more will ya ? " Geena groaned
He leaned in then nipped the perfect shell of her ear, "I did say practice, or is that a total no go for now?"
"I'm not saying no, just you weren’t exactly jumping for joy for this one so… " Geena reminded him.
He sighed slightly, his hands tightening around her waist. "Let’s put the past behind us. You can say I was temporarily insane. Just know this Geena Bongiovi. In the here and now I am glad about the little guy, and I am in love with you."
Geena nudged him with her elbow, "It COULD be a girl you know. "
Jon grunted, "So Sambora keeps telling me. His logic is? I had a girl first with Steph, so this one will be a girl."
"I like his logic, I think it is too," Geena nodded and smiled.
"Hmmmph," came back a reply as Carly retreated to the kitchen
David grinned as she mumbled and muttered under her breath. "Makes you crazy doesn't he?"
"Crazy doesn't even begin to cover it!"
"He makes me feel....vengeful" she smile evily and looked into one of her cabinets..."Oh this is soooo PERFECT" she whispered.
David glanced up at the shelves curiously. With a drawn out breath he whispered her name, "Ketsllllll, what's going on in that devious mind of yours?"
"Oh...nothing....just don't drink out of Jon's cup today..." she grinned evilly and closed the cabinet
David shivered, the look in her eyes didn't bode well for his friend. "Don't worry." He glanced at the soup then back at his girl. "Tell me the food is safe."
"Sure it is," she smiled. "I am feeding my friends! And I promise, the cake is safe too!" she winked at him.
"And he's not a friend?"
"Not today!"
He carried the rest of the items to the table and with a glance at Carly hollered. "CHOWS ON!"
She shook her head at him and rolled her eyes "Maybe I need your mom's number too! We need to discuss manners!"
"Can't I stay here? I'm too comfortable " Geena almost whined. God when did I become a whiner? When you hadn't slept for almost 24 hours silly.
Jon grinned and slid upwards, his feet hitting the floor, his arms tightening securely around Geena as he stood. "So you won't have to walk."
David laughed as he watched Geena being carried in by Jon as they entered the room. "My mom's used to this shit baby."
Carly shook her head again and started to ladle out soup.
Jon's brow flicked up as the soup bowls were passed, his curiosity getting the best of him. "So we have to eat but they don't?"
Missing your updates. Pls hurry
ReplyDeleteNice to see Jon do a little groveling. Now to see how Richie and Bri are doing.
ReplyDelete