Monday, May 10, 2010

Chapter 71



Carly was pacing in her living room. She looked at her watch once again. Damm, almost 2 am...Where is he? He usually calls me by this time! Maybe they were delayed with the show? And why am I pacing like an expectant father?

She shook her head and sat on her couch. Reaching for the phone, she once again checked to make sure that the battery was charged and the signal was strong.

He paced his hotel room, shock over the night still threading through his system. How the fuck could Jon go off like that? On a woman no less. What the hell was wrong with him?

He glanced down at his watch and sighed. He was usually on the phone by now with his kitten, but he knew if he called her right this second he'd probably end up bitching instead of romancing. "Stupid fucker," he muttered as he rethought the idea of giving Jon a good swift kick.

OK girl, what is wrong with you? It's not like he hasn't called every night... And why am I so desperate to hear his voice that it almost hurts? Taking a deep breath and blowing it out, Carly reached for the phone once more, and dialed David's number. Screw waiting on him to call, it wouldn’t hurt to call first for a change.

He turned and made his way to the couch, falling into its comfort just as his jeans pocket buzzed. Sliding his hand into the pocket he pulled the phone and flipped it open. "Jelloooooo."

Hearing his voice, Carly sighed contently and smiled "Ewww, not the Jello PLEASE! Can't I have the pudding instead?"

His thoughts twisted to turning Jon to pudding, as her sweet voice blew away the cobwebs, "Only if you're wearing and I'm licking sweetness."

"Excuse me!!! I think I got a wrong number! I thought I dialed a sweet and funny guy named David. Apparently I got some pervert instead!"

He chuckled slightly as she teased him from his mood. "Eh I hear the words, but I know you don't mean it. " He grunted slightly, "you can tell me its pervy listening to it, but I betcha, you'd love it all the same."

She laughed gently at his antics "You sound tired Baby! is everything OK? How was tonight's show?"

He winced as her inquisitive self honed in on the turbulent feelings that he thought he'd hidden. "It was.... unique?"

"Unique? What happened? Is Jon working you too hard? Do I need to call Geena and tell her to rip him a new one?"

"She's probably doing that already, if Rich hasn’t already." His head thumped back against the couch back with a groan. "Jon hasn't been working me too hard, no more than usual on tour baby, it’s not that."

"Or did something happen at the show? Don't tell me! Did a fan break through the security and attack you guys?"

She quieted a moment as the worry hit. Wait a second, did he just imply that Jon and Richie had a fight?

He thought over ways to change the subject and came up empty. "It was more the reverse, band on person. So tell me how your day was?" And even as he said it he knew that he'd already said too much, his little kitten wouldn't let go of the ball of yarn he'd thrown her way.

"Is everything OK in the Jovi-Land? Are the Dynamic Duo fighting each other instead of the bad guys?"

"More like Superman attacked Wonder Woman Ketsl, and it wasn't pretty. Then Supergirl let the man of steel have it.. I swear, I stood back because he looked ready to vomit when he realized...." His words halted, how the hell did you tell a woman a friend verbally attacked a person with Bri’s history?

"Wait! Back it up a second! You lost me there in the super hero characters Joker! Who did Jon attack?"

"Fucker don't know how to take a joke is all. It was a bad night baby, ya know? Nothing was working, the technical shit was screwy. He was pissed, the setlist was sorta the same as the nights before. He just didn't take the joke too well."

"What happened David?" Carly’s voice went a bit high and hard His beating around the bush was beginning to get to her and her patience was getting lost along the way.

He sighed slightly, "Bri came in and was teasing him, hell we could all see she was teasing him about all the crap that had happened, and he ..." He took a deep breath, crossed his fingers and spat the rest out. "He told her she was just a fuck of Richie's."

Carly sucked in a loud breath "He did WHAT? How dare he! That piece of .....ooooo I just wanna strangle him!" She jumped off her couch and started pacing. "I'm going to call Geena and tell her to kick him in his 'family jewels for me!” She growled and continued, “Or better yet, stick some strong laxative in his breakfast!....Thats it! I'm express mailing her some extra strength Magnesium Citrate!"

"Nope, not good enough! He deserves worse than that!" She stopped for another breath.

"Woah my Ketsl has some claws." He laughed and continued, "Let’s discuss those claws on my back. Trust me, Bri let him hold it, Richie damn near went after him and I got a feeling he's gonna be eating crow with Geena for a while."

" I just wanna......" She let out a loud, frustrated growl.

"With everything that Bri been through....and he knows her history! And how could he? And I hope that crow is stinking rotten!" She sat back down on her couch with a loud sigh before continuing. "Is Bri OK? Do I need to start calling the girls?"

He started to honestly laugh, "Well she gave him hell. Asked him when she'd become shit for him to stomp on, called him jealous." His head shook, "To start with she went all pale and shaky, but then from no where she just reared back and let him have it, and I'm pretty sure that a phone call from you might just be interrupting Richie's brand of ummmm medicine?"

Carly smiled. Well, well, well...Bri got her moxi back! Maybe something good would come out of the way that over inflated egoed rock star's out burst!

"OK, if you say so baby! But I'm still sending him some Ex-Lax brand brownies!"

He shuddered at the thought. "Remind me to hire a cook and to always take you out to eat especially if you're in a mood."

"Just don't piss me off Baby, and you'll be safe!" she laughed.

2 comments:

  1. Ex-Lax Brownies are the least of his worries LMAO!!! GREAT STORY WOMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were Jon I would be very careful what to eat lol. Still loving this one.

    ReplyDelete