She felt her body being shuffled down the hall and knew Richie was guiding her towards the door. Thank God she was getting away before she said something she shouldn’t. Why had he taken things so wrong? Why DID he have the power to make her feel so small? He'd taken her power with a few well placed words, just like Jared always had but why?
Because his opinion matters to you. He's Rich's best friend, and you want him to like you.
Problem was he didn’t, it was obvious. Hell he thought she was less than a groupie from the sound of it. Her breath nearly halted as she wondered if Richie felt the same way. Is that all I am, just some toy to relieve pressure with while he’s on tour? HE seemed so different.
Richie led her to the car and helped her in. He slid in beside her and pulled her close Sliding in beside her he quickly pulled her close. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like she was considering leaving now. How was he going to convince her to stay? He wasn’t sure why, but he knew he had to. She had been a bright light to his rather dull life. Other than Ava, no one had made him feel like that in a very long time. Jesus and wouldn’t most people think I was fuckin’ nuts to call my life dull?
"Baby, " he whispered, "I don't want you to leave, please stay."
She glanced up and encountered worried chocolate brown eyes. God she never wanted to see that sad look on his face ever again. "I can't just be a momentary fling. I mean yeah, we started like that in Hawaii. I shouldn’t be complaining considering how you found me, but it never was that to me."
She turned to study the scenery as it whizzed by the window, her voice still and quiet. “I mean in the beginning you were just the fantasy, the ace guitarist in my fave band. You had no form or substance really, just kind of two dimensional. I knew reams about you, but I didn’t know you.
Then it changed, I got to know Rich the man; how he hogs the covers and snores when he’s deep asleep. I learned about what makes him laugh and how special he really is. I stayed because I grew to like Richard, a man with faults just like the rest of us. Had you remained the perfect rock star I would have been gone long before now.”
She shivered as Jon's words washed over her again, "Why does he think so badly of me?"
Richie sighed "He doesn't honest. I can't explain Jon, he is a very complex man and that’s coming from nearly thirty years of knowledge. I can't tell you exactly when the fun loving Jon turned into this shell of a man that we see now, but I can say he hasn't been happy for a very long time. It has nothing to do with you darlin'. His temper as of late has been getting worse. To be frank he has shut me out to a certain extent, he has everyone. It’s like he has walls beyond the wall he put up against the public."
"But you're his best friend."
"Yea and I love him like a brother but that doesn't mean I like some of the things he does or says. I can only hope Geena is the right person to bring out the best in him."
She sighed and leaned back against the soft cushion of the limo, her body feeling stiff and wrong. She wanted to lean against Rich, soak up his warmth, but the moments before were too fresh. "No one's made me feel like that since Jared."
"I'm truly sorry for that darlin'. And he is too, I just know it. The guilt will eat him up for several different reasons. He has never taken his anger out on woman before, and two, his mama would have his ass for his behavior. Finally, whether he knows it or not, Geena’s important to him, the look on his face when he saw her after he spouted off screamed volumes," Richie said as he stroked her hair.
She shivered as he gentled her, her heart thudding hard against her chest. She slipped closer finally, her head falling to rest on his shoulder. "I feel sorry for him really. Geena will have his ass for sure. I was only teasing Rich! I knew shit had gone wrong. I thought he'd take it like it was meant."
Richie’s chuckle was half gruff half humorous. "Oh to be the fly on that wall when she does. I know you were baby. The old Jonny would have came right back with a smart ass comment or flipped a salute to you. "
She straightened and twisted in the seat, her hands moving to cup his cheeks. "Please tell me that’s not what I am."
Her frightened tone sent a shaft of pain through his heart. God she was so much more than that, how could she not see it? Richie placed his hands over hers, his voice soft yet determined. "You aren’t that, you never will be. You are so much more, more important than you know. This old heart of mine has learned how to race again because of you. "
"Promise?"
"Cross my heart."
She leaned in, her lips pressing against his lightly. She laughed softly as he reached out to tug her into his lap, his lips moving to press against her neck. "You can't manage for long without finding a way to get me in this spot eh?"
“Not when it’s my favorite place for you to be."
She shook her head, her laughter bubbling up unaware. "And here I was thinking it was under you."
"Oh that’s my other favorite place." Richie grinned, his fingers sliding over the sudden smile. "Now that’s what I like to see that smile." He leaned and sweetly kissed her.
She nipped at his lip with her teeth, her brows waggling as his sweetness brushed away the last of her sadness. He could always make things brighter just by being. How he did it she was unsure of, she just knew she couldn't live without it now. "You are rotten ya know that?"
"I know but that’s why you love me so much," Richie teased as his hands slid down her back.
She stilled a moment as his words settled into her heart and the first rays of pure joy curled outwards. She did. Oh she'd said it a time or two jokingly to him, but she'd never faced or thought of the actual emotion, of it being more than a momentary thing. She did love him, and she wanted him to know it was more than a tease.
"I do ya know."
"Yea I know and -- I love you too." Richie was surprised how at easy it was for him to say considering it had been such a short time since they had met but it felt right. And he’d always just went with his gut feelings on everything, especially when it came to love.
She settled back against his chest, and felt the smile that just wouldn't go away. "I never ever dreamed of being so lucky. But thank you for loving me any hows." She went pink as she used his own words against him. "Ok stop, don’t you dare laugh. YOU guys keep using up all the good words!"
Richie laughed heartily " Darlin’ what can I say, we are poets who have been in the doghouse more times than we care to admit."
She grinned. "Well being in the doghouse has its rewards at times." She nodded as they pulled up to the hotel. "We're semi home."
"So you're staying? " Richie asked as he stepped out of the car and took her hand to help her out.
She straightened and nodded. "Snarky pieces of white toast not withstanding, I don't think I'd be as happy anywhere else."
"Good, I believe if he lets Geena help him, that snarky piece of toast will be mushy bread by the time she is done." Richie chuckled, swinging an arm around her shoulders as he led her into the hotel.
She chuckled as she walked beside him and into the elevator. Jonny didn’t know what he was in for.
Richie opened the door to his room. "Home sweet home for a few more hours anyway, then off to Anaheim." He led her in, placing his arms around her and slowly backed her to the bed.
She laughed as he aimed for the bed, her hands teasing at the hem of his tee shirt. "Not hungry? thirsty? Anything?"
"Oh I'm hungry alright," Richie growled.
The back of her knees encountered bed and she stopped. "Oh? For what?"
“Just guess." Richie reached forward and gently slid her hair away from her neck and started to nibble behind her ear.
She shivered as his teeth travelled the length of her neck. "I don't think you can survive off me. I'm calorie free."
"Oh I think I can, but if you're hungry we can eat. Food that is." Richie nipped her ear lobe.
She tugged on his tee shirt, pulling it up quickly, "Maybe later."
He smiled "Glad you see things my way." His hands slid down to her zipper of her dress and slowly slid it down until it pooled at her feet.
Her breathing hitched slightly as his hands slowly moved back over her legs, then back as he kept leaning in. Before she knew it she was on her back staring up into mischievous brown eyes, and could only wonder at what he had planned this time.
He slid down to the end of the bed grinning as his fingers started to toy with the thin piece of underwear
She propped up slightly, her voice a cross between a grumble and growl. "I know what you're thinking and I'm gonna end up without a set of unmentionables to my name if you keep it up."
"What do you need them for," Richie teased as he gently tugged the lace until they ripped. Tossing them to the side he growled, “Much better.”
She wiggled as his hands caressed her calves. "Teensy little straps of lace seem to make you nuts, that’s why I need them."
"Yes as a matter of fact they do. I like seeing you like this all naked, I’ll just buy you more so I can rip them off again." Richie smiled, bringing her legs up to rest on his shoulder as he dipped down and licked the now damp folds of her core.
She squeaked as he dined on just her, the little murmurs of his appreciation going through her like fire. And when he added his fingers to the torment she started to whimper.
He glanced up and grinned. "I do believe you love me doing this to you." He growled against her skin as he licked again, sliding his tongue between her folds.
She tried to speak, her fingers curling into the spread as he pulled back, bringing her with him until all that rested on the bed was her head. "I..I...." she moaned again as his fingers and tongue went deeper. "Don't just love it."
Richie continued his torturous onslaught feeling her reach orgasm had his already harder than steel cock pounding painfully, but he wanted to show her just how much she really meant to him .
She felt her hips flexing with each tongue thrust, her hands creeping up to brush over her own skin as moans met grumbles of appreciation, and just as she thought she was ready to fall apart his tongue would still, his fingers would stop moving, his heat just there, distracting and near.
"Please Rich...."
"Please what Darlin’? " Richie stopped and glanced up with a smirk.
Her tongue flicked over dry lips as she tried to arch closer to his lips, as lethal as they were, if she had to die this would be how and with who. "You're teasing me."
"Just tell me what you want," Richie grinned devilishly.
"You, only you," she shuddered out on a sigh, "Nothing else."
Richie scooted her back slightly, until her ass was hanging off the bed. He crouched slightly before hitting his knees and thrust up, impaling her in one swift shot.
She couldn't move, not without falling from the bed, but as his hips started thrusting she started to pant. Her hands again scrabbling for purchase on the spread. She wanted to touch and thrill him in return, but he was keeping her from doing so, and all it served was to ramp her needs higher.
Richie groaned. He was close but stilled himself for a moment as he reached his arm under while still joined sliding her up further on the bed. He placed one of her legs around his waist and the other on his shoulder and pounded harder into her. "God Baby You feel so good," He growled into her ear.
Sweat soaked skin slapped against skin as her hands finally slid up along his chest then back to his arms. She arched, and concentrated enough to feel inner walls clench as whimpers turned to moans, and when his thumb slid to press and hold against the heart of her she screamed.
His growl vibrated against her lips as he thrust harder and deeper into her core.
As he leaned in, his lips rumbling against hers, she slipped her hands into his hair pulling him in tighter and closer. Not a breath of air could be felt between their bodies as her leg slid from his shoulder to his waist, her ankles locking together to keep him in.
In that moment, she would almost swear they were of one body, her lips opening to accept him, the taste of her lingering on his lips. That one thing drove her higher, made her higher, than anything before.
His orgasm overtook him as he continued his sweet onslaught. He jerked a few times before finally collapsing on her breathing heavily, "Fuck baby."
She managed a chuckle, "we just did love."
Richie raised up on his elbows, his brow arching. "No baby, we didn’t fuck, we made love."
Her brow furrowed as she took that in. She'd never actually equated the action with love before. Even in her marriage it had been him taking and her laying there. She'd never considered it at all before, yet as she lay there, her eyes studying his intently it felt right. The connection that had knitted them close had never been there as deeply as it had been that night. "I... " She closed her eyes a moment to search for words. "I never actually.."
A quirky grin flitted onto her lips as her eyes widened innocently and the gutter girl in her came out.. "Damn if you didn’t pop a cherry of sorts."
Richie reluctantly rose from her but not before taking her with him and embracing her tightly. She couldn’t mean what he thought she meant could she? "You never made love before tonight? " he asked the question as surprise filtered through him.
She leaned in, her fingers brushing over his lips lightly, "First time for everything stud. So yeah, that was a first for me. I mean it’s been sort of that each time, but tonight it was just more intense. So yeah."
She felt the heat flow into her cheeks as she said the words, almost wanting to yank them back as his nostrils flared slightly. God don’t think I'm stupid.
Richie thought for moment while kissing her shoulder. How is that possible? She was married wasn't she? Then it hit him, she’d been married to the jackasses of all asses. Jesus, He HAD been her first in every way that counted.
"Darlin’ I’m so fuckin’ glad to be the first man to show you what real lovemaking is."
She sighed in relief, her arms wrapping around him. "All my adult life it was something to be endured. I was supposed to just lay there, and here you come, and you want active participation and..." She looked into his eyes, watching the tiny flickers of desire burning deep within. "I finally get what it all means to be that connected."
"And it feels damn good doesn't it?"
She fell back, pulling him with her as she laughed. "So damn good I doubt you get away ever again. I’m getting used to having my fantasies be real now. Damn sneaky of you if you ask me."
Richie gave her a look of pure innocence " Me sneaky never, I'm a good boy."
She laughed as he finally lay beside her, her body instinctively curling into his side, her head finding his shoulder. "I like your idea of good boy."
"Makes you wonder what my bad side is like."
She shivered at the delicious thought. "Oh yeah it does, and when I'm gonna experience it? Lemme tell you about a chapter or two." She glanced up at him and waited. "Or maybe you can tell me."
"Mmmmm maybe I can." Richie grinned as he titled her head back and kissed her.
She returned the kiss and marveled as he stole her breath away again. "Don't wanna say?"
"I was thinking what you have in that, what did you call it, oh yeah that gutterish mind of yours has got to be even better than what you allow in writing," Richie nuzzled her neck.
A quick grin slipped onto her lips. "Ah see, you haven’t actually read it ALL then. Guess you'll just have to wait and see."
She snuggled closer, her brain dancing with ideas from his big body tied up on the bed, to her and a bottle of dark chocolate having a dessert only he could offer. "Yep I guess you'll just have to see."
"I can't wait Darlin’." He yawned, his eyes closing shut. Damn I'm lucky to have this girl in my life.
She closed her eyes, content in the moment, his love and arms wrapping her in safety. She was one lucky woman, and she knew it.
No comments:
Post a Comment