Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chapter 140

Carly stared back up at Jon and rolled her eyes "HUMPF!" Turning back to Richie she queried, "Where are my friends?"

    "Frank I don't think she believes you learned your lesson, " Richie chortled.  "I think you need to show her you have. AS for the girls they are across the hall. Bri laying on the couch and G I think is sitting near the bathroom, and I am not joking about that either. We are really worried . "


 Jon nodded. "Dot was never this bad, from what I remember from David and Rich, April and Heather were not this bad with the nausea."  he turned and walked to the table, lifting a sheaf of papers  one half inch thick before taking them to Carly. "We did manage to get them both to the doctor, he left all this and said if we were hiring a nurse to hand it to her. Richie has his half I think."


He stood there, his gaze steady, "tell me you're going to work for us Carly, we don't want to leave them home until its absolutely necessary and we dont want some stranger taking care of ..."

    "Thank you, this should help! Well let me take a look at the girls and I can read that later." Carly said and went across the hall to find her friends.


 Richie reached in his bag for his half of the paperwork. " Hey Carly, before you go...."  He stepped to her as she paused, his hand outstretched and full of papers. "Carly this is all he gave us , Please tell us they can stay on tour? "

  

She nodded and grasped all the papers tightly. "I'll read those in a bit, first I wanna say hello to my girls."  Stepping across the hall she peeked in the door and grinned. "Hey little mamas!  How are you?" she greeted the girls as she entered the room.


Geena glanced up, her stomach finally had settled at least for the moment  her eyes widened "Caro! You're here! " She jumped up and hugged her friend tightly. " God have I missed you. "


Bri's grin brightened as she hurried over to Carly. "Caro!"  she pulled her into a hug along with Geena. "We have sooo been wanting to see you."


 "Hey G!" she returned the hug "You still look a bit on the green side!  You gotta lay off the squid!' she laughed.  Then she took a look at Bri and shook her head as she hugged her. Bri, darling you need to tell that big lug of a man you call husband to let you sleep for at least a few hours a night!"


 Geena swallowed hard biting back the bile that settled in the back of her throat at the mere mention of squid "Caro please don't mention anything slimey right now. "

    "OK, sorry hun!  Just trying to make you laugh!'

    Bri's glanced at her friend, "I get plenty of rest Carly, honest, on the plane, in the car,.."  In the bed cuz I fall asleep on him alot,   "Just adjusting to this new hectic life he seems to enjoy."


David walked in, heard the words and laughed. As he took his place beside Carly he shook his head and snorted, "She probably sleeps the night away Ketsl, if the level of oh baby in his dressing room is anything to go by."

She tsked at Bri before smiling. "Well maybe he needs to adjust his lifestyle a bit to suit the needs of a pregnant woman!"She turned back to David, "and you dear, need to stop listening to what goes on in your friend's dressing rooms!" she shot at David.


 "They are trying Caro really, " Geena piped up. "Ever since leaving your place.... " she snickered, " I'm treated like a fragile piece of glass . Just wish I could enjoy some loving but no go . I get to love on the toliet bowel "  she rolled her eyes " And I wanted to be pregnant why? Please tell me again ?? "

    "Because you'll make a great mom!  That's why!'  she said hugging Geena.

    Bri chuckled as she listened, "Maybe she'll believe you, she still thinks I'm nuts when I say that."   She winked as she casually moved to sit in a chair, she was feeling a bit woozy and didn't want anyone to know it. "Sometimes shes so stubborn when I try to tell her the same thing."

    "Well I have my ways of dealing with stubborn patients!" Carly winked at Bri.

    Geena huffed, "It's hard to believe that when you head is over the toliet 24/7 and I am so sick of broth." Geena paused a moment as Carly's words penetrated.  "Patients?"  Her brow cocked upwards at the words. "Thought we were friends, when did we become a patient?"


"Did you try ginger ale and jello, like I told you to?" Carly asked G.

Geena continued,  "Is that why you're hear to be our nurse ?? I wondered what those men were up too. And yes I have done the dry toast, ginger ale , jello , broth even those pills the doc gave me only helped for a bit. "


"And to answer your question G, you will become my patients if I decide to take up your husbands on their offer to become a traveling nurse to a certain pair of stubborn pregnant women!"

Bri shot a glance at Jon and Richie, who were now standing in the door giving off that  we surprised you aint it great look. Suddenly standing, she felt the room waver, her eyes closing as she took a deep breath. Opening her eyes she moved back to Geena and Carly, a wicked grin coasting onto her lips. "they aint gonna know what hit them."

  Bri wrapped an arm around Geena and Carly before placinng a pleading pouty look on her face as they both leaned in to their friend, "but you can spend more time with Curly there."

    "Well, I haven't agreed to take the job yet!'' Carly rolled her eyes.  "Rocky, Bullwinkle and I still need to sit down and discuss the details of my compensation." She winked at David "And then benefit package..."


    For the first time in long time she felt like laughing. "Oh man do they honestly know what they just did. " She glanced at her husband then Richie.


    Richie leaned over to Jon "Why do I have a feeling we just signed our death warrant ? "

    Jon snorted and shook his head, "Cuz we probably did."

    David chuckled "I'll make sure your paid really good Kitten in every way possible ' he waggled his eyebrows "The benefit package is out of this world "

    "Humpf, I'm sure my recreation time will be well taken care of, but I still have a mortgage, car loan and other stuff to worry about.  So as much as I want to spend my time with my friends..."  she looked at Jon and Richie.


Geena glanced at her husband pleading with him to make it good "I'm sure its going to be a nice amount isn't it baby ? "

    Jon grinned, he'd done his research. Leaning in close to Carly he whispered in her ear, "How's three thousand a week sound to ya?"

2 comments:

  1. $3000 a week plus that ummm...benefit package... for 2 patients???? Can I be Carly? I'm not an ob nurse, but I do have medical training, including how to deliver a baby. PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAASE? LOL.

    If she turns that deal down, she's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn for $3,000 a week I would quit my job lol. Please say yes Carly. Plus look at it this way, ifthe guys screw up again you would be right there to deal with them. Hope Carly says yes : )

    ReplyDelete