She tapped on the door " Bri hey girl its me "
She paced the hotel room muttering. It had taken her a full half hour before Richie finally got that she just didn't want to go with him to the fan appreciation thing. She’d forgone going to the concert the night before as well so you would think he’d of gotten the message, but oh no, he was still trying to get her to attend the fan thing up until the last second. He'd kept telling her to come on, and she'd just kept fiddling around. She'd finally had to tell him flat out for the fifth time she didn't feel up to it. He'd teased and flirted trying to ease her out of the mood that had been growing since the night before, with no luck.
Why did men think they could get anything they wanted with a kiss or a teasing glance, after laying down laws? Yeah sure she'd agreed to play around with the kinkier stuff, IN THE BEDROOM. She didn't mean he could start telling her what she could or couldn't wear dammit. Didn't he trust her to make it naughty yet nice? She wasn't about to go around flashing the fuckin' crew for God sakes.
She flopped down on the bed, a huge sigh escaping her. Maybe if she took a nap, got rid of the ever present tiredness she seemed to carry around she'd wake up in a better mood. She doubted it highly though.
She'd just gotten comfortable as she heard the knock and Geena's voice, grumbling as she slid from the bed. Well there'd be no nap today it seemed. Making her way to the door she opened it and stepped back, her gaze taking in Geena's outfit. "Told you it would look good on you."
"Remind me to thank Nikki I gotta have more of these clothes " Geena smiled then flicked an eyebrow. "You ain't ready? "
She glanced down at her baggy sweats and top and shrugged, "Nah."
"And why not ? " Geena walked through the door and sat down on the couch
"Cuz I don't feel like it." She strolled over to the couch and dropped into the empty side, trying her best to not take her mood out on her friend. "Someone doesn't deserve to see me there. Stubborn bossy silly man can eat his damn guitar or fuck it I don't care."
"Well what the fuck ? Aren't you in a mood? Spill the deets girlfriend." Geena propped her feet on the coffee table and waited on Bri to speak.
"He ordered me to not wear the black outfit G. You know the one.. skinny black jeans with the black bolero jacket with no buttons? He doesn't want the crew seeing what I have. Can you imagine?? Silly man thinks I don't have enough sense to keep it safe. So he can just go screw his guitar."
She leaned back against the couch, propping her feet on the coffee table. "Or maybe I should wear this.. serve him right if I wore stupid old ugly shit all the time."
"You gotta be shittin' me! That outfit is hot. He made it for fucks sake. Men I swear . Just see what would happen if Jon told me not to wear it," Geena snorted.
"Doesn't help that my damn moods are all over the place, but he's gotta learn he can't order me around. I mean yeah, he's the man, the husband and I wanna keep him happy. But I quit letting men dictate to me when I escaped Jared."
Geena shook her head. " Men, they want you sexy but just for them no other eyes can see you."
She looked down at what she had on, the Jovi sweatshirt had seen better days and the pants had at least three holes in each leg. She started to smile as the plan formed. It would serve him right for trying to boss her into not wearing something instead of requesting it. She'd just show up and let him have it, Bri style. "Ya know what G? I'm ready to go."
Geena snorted "Have I told you lately that I love the way you think?" She stood up. "Lets go."
She ran her fingers through her hair, just to muss it a little, there would be no sleek perfection this afternoon. "One second." She slipped into the bedroom and loaded a small bag with her outfit, the killer heels to go with it, and her toiletries. She'd change after he learned his lesson, she really didn't want to go around looking like a hobo after all.
Stepping back into the living room she grinned. "I'm ready. Can't wait to see how long it takes him to change that stubborn Polish-Italian mind."
“When will moose learn? " Geena shook her head walking out the door.
Within the half hour the limo delivered them to the back stage door, each girl slipping their laminate over their heads before exiting the car. Walking to the door they nodded at Rew and the other various crew members as they walked towards the stage.
Bri stopped for a few moments to leave her bag behind before slipping an arm through Geena's. "Should be interesting."
"Yes, it should lets go give them a show " Geena winked as they made their way down the long hallway into the arena to the front row .
Richie was busy tuning his guitar as they set up for the Special Soul Concert when he glanced down to see Bri and Geena. His gaze swept over his wife’s dressed down look. Fuck. What is she wearing? Is this my payback? He groaned to himself. Not that she looked bad in sweats and a raggedy shirt but still. He studied her a moment, she was looking at everything BUT him. Oh yea she was still pissed. He sighed and shot Jon a look.
Jon looked up and saw Richie's frown and wondered what the hell had suddenly happened to make his friend look like he'd eaten a lemon. He glanced around at the audience, smiling to see Geena and, was that Sabrina? What the fuck was up with her? Turning back to Richie , his eyes rolled, "Ok what gives?"
"She's pissed. I didn't want her to wear that outfit. You know the jacket that was completely open. " Richie groaned. "You thought you had it bad with G’s puking? Try the fucking moods. Man they suck too."
Jon snorted, "Don't tell me you told a woman, a woman who has fought to be independent, to NOT do something man."
"Would you want G wearing it ? Everyone would see her tits man," Richie argued.
"Okay now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but you fuckin' designed it, you've crowed about loving to see women dress sexy. Its Nikki and yours design, yet suddenly the King is squeamish of a lil chest? Man, you just proved to her you don’t trust her to not show too much. At least I got the sense to not do that.. means I'll get laid today and you most likely won’t."
"I trust her its everyone else I don't trust." Richie grumbled knowing Jon was right. "Well she is certainly making a statement that’s for sure . Not that she looks bad, hell she’d look good in a potato sack. How many more months we got yet? " He sighed glancing down at Bri who was completely ignoring him still. Oh well she will look once the show starts.
"Seven man, maybe a little less." He turned as Pierre walked up. "Okay lets get this party started."
Geena giggled as she watched Richie a moment. "I think my dear you got him, but knowing you, you ain't done yet. " Her gaze moved to Jon who although looking tired, was still was damn hot. "I dunno if I could do it." She paused for a moment then grinned. "Yea I could."
She glanced at Geena and nodded as she fought back a groan. "He wore tight clothes.. and I have to ignore him. He may do without for the next week at least. Damn man." She kept her head turned toward Geena, but managed a side glance Richie's way. "I have to watch anyone but him. It has to be done."
"I know, gotcha girlfriend " Geena smirked. " Got to train them now or else." Her eyes were focused on her man but she caught Richie's frustrated look a time or three.
Richie growled inwardly as he forced a smile to his face and played Happy Now. Fuck if I’m happy. Damned woman is making me Insane Now instead.
The song's flowed into short interview spots and on, and she still kept her eyes off of Richie. She'd winked at Tico, waved at David and even gave Jon a nod, but Richie? He'd gotten nothing, and each time she'd had to force herself to not watch him she'd felt a tiny bit more aggravated at him. He'd finally worn something totally sexy and thanks to his stubbornness she was having to miss it.
No comments:
Post a Comment