Jon winced as his stomach cramped yet again; the last twenty or so miles had been about hiding the sudden cramps that were becoming more and more regular. He glanced over at Richie only to notice how pale he seemed beneath that dark tan, the snorted coughs making him wonder if they'd both started playing around with the bug that had been rampant in Montreal.
Geena had been conversing with Bri, laughing and joking about or that. It was amazing at what a couple of hours of sleep had done for the both of them; that and being with their husband's again. It had helped with their light mood no doubt about it. She glanced over at her husband when a light grunt escaped his lips. She bit back a smirk; whatever Carly had slipped him was kicking in finally. "Baby you ok? " She placed a hand on his arm, her eyes darting to Bri who by then had quickly turned to look out the window to hide her smile that was breaking through.
He took a deep breath and smiled. "Yea, just fine baby." He risked a glance Richie's way and shook his head. "There was a bug running around the crew... but I'm tough baby. I'm fine."
Geena glanced over at Richie then Jon, Could it be the bug ? Shit, if it was then he was going to be doubly miserable. Compounded by whatever Carly gave him, maybe she should be concerned. "Are you sure? We can stop if you need to."
He shook his head before leaning it back against the seat. "Had worse, lived through it babe. I'll be on stage in Philly just like always."
David heard a weird rumbling, so loud it pulled him from his memories of Carly. Glancing at Jon he laughed, "Fuck man you just ate a couple hours ago.. you hungry again?"
Geena leaned forward to the driver. "I really think we should pull over at the next place we see, that didn't sound so good."
Richie groaned to himself. Why would Carly spike my coffee? What the fuck did I do? Or is it the bug the crew had? Fuck if he knew what it was. All he knew is he felt like shit, He leaned his head back against the seat with a sigh. He wanted to actually enjoy Jon's misery, but maybe this was karma biting him in the ass.
She forced away the grin that was getting ready to form on her lips as Richie grunted. Sliding a bit closer her hand lifted to feel his forehead. She shook her head and sighed. He was always so warm, a damned walking heater for all intents and purposes, but his forehead felt hotter than ever. Glancing at Geena she nodded. "I think that’s a good idea..."
Jon leaned forward rapping on the window, not even caring that he was interrupting Bri, "Stop fast Mick. I fuckin' mean anywhere you can pronto."
"Yes sir." Mick pulled off at the nearest exit and into the BP station. He barely had the car into park before the door was pushed open, Jon’s body hurtling towards the store entrance.
"Baby," Geena called out and climbed out after him. She walked briskly trying to catch up, but he was gone and inside before she even made it to the door. She followed him inside, glanced to the restroom sign and walked on back, stopping in front of the men's restroom door. She wanted to laugh but at the same time she wondered if it could be the bug so she was torn with conflicting emotions. "Baby you okay? "
He growled from beyond the door. "I'm fine, really baby." He started to ask for something to drink, before the thought of it had his stomach cramping harder. "I'll be out in a minute."
"You want me to get you something; Pepto or water?" She glanced at the door and couldn’t stop the dig, "you don't sound fine to me."
He stepped out of the bathroom door, nearly falling against the wall as Richie rushed past him and into the room. He yelled a swift "SORRY," to the door before putting his arm around Geena. "Pepto sounds like a plan."
Richie dashed into the room and nearly reeled at the smell. “God Jon,” he muttered. That smell so wasn’t helping his nausea as he emptied the contents of his stomach. Never again will I joke about this or wish this on anyone again, He groaned after he finished then wiped his mouth off, washed his hands and walked out.
Geena went down the medicine aisle. "I think we’ll be needing a huge bottle." She glanced at both men," And some water or Gatorade. Can't have either of you getting dehydrated now can we?"
Jon leaned in to press a kiss to her forehead, only to feel his stomach revolt. Wheeling around he dashed towards the bathroom, only to turn green. "Fuckin' jackass." Within minutes he felt rode hard and put up wet as he stepped out of the men's room. Hotfooting to his best friend; he punched him in the arm hissing, "I might of left smell behind but fuckin' remember to flush. God fucking dammit all didn't Joan teach you better?"
Bri walked up, shaking a bottle of Tylenol, unable to feel sorry for Jon, yet at the same time hating how pale and clammy both the men looked. Holding up the bottle of SOBE vitamin water she nodded at them both. "Good thing you don't have a show today."
Richie groaned. "Sorry man, all I care about is finding that backseat again." He grabbed the water, twisted the lid ,shook out a couple Tylenol and swallowed.
Geena in turn handed Jon the Pepto and water. "Oh and take these." She handed him a couple Tylenol, still unsure which it was for him. "You think you can get back in the car? Or should we wait to see if you gotta go again?"
He glanced over at David who had walked in and was propping up the counter in front of the register, a warp sided grin on his face. "If you fuckin' laugh man I'll find a way to ...." He turned and headed back to the men’s room. "I think we should wait," He called over his shoulder to Geena.
Richie had headed back to the car. All he wanted was to rest now that his stomach was behaving and he intended it for it to stay that way. Only problem was, now he was fucking freezing and sneezing. "God Damn it anyway! Next time Bri I ain’t wishing shit on anyone," he growled.
Geena glanced over at David. "If he finds out his coffee was spiked, he is fucking gonna go postal you know this right?"
David nodded, "And this is why we aren't going to tell him. There was a bad viral thing going around Montreal. Keep those pretty fingers crossed that he thinks that's all it is."
Bri waited for him to get into the car, intently watching him as he seemed to sneeze, shiver and cough himself into a stupor. Turning around she walked back into the store and over to the soft nearly velour like afghan against the back wall. Smiling as she found one in a deep dark purple, grabbed it and made her way towards the front of the store, snagging Dayquil, Nyquil and a couple other cold medicines on the way. Glancing at Geena as she turned back around she couldn't stop the snicker. "He still in there?"
"Yea, gonna check on him again in a moment. How much did she fuckin' give him? " Geena glanced back down the hall worriedly. He was still in the bathroom?
Her brow arched as she leaned into her friend, "How much of a lesson did she think he needed? You know how she is.. for every hour of a friends pain she multiplies it by at least three."
Geena rolled her eyes. "Hell, we might be here all fuckin' night then." She traipsed back to the restroom and lightly rapped on the door. " Baby any better? "
He wobbled to the door after finishing and took a deep breath. His belly felt like it was on fire and his ass felt like the receiving end of said fire. Throwing open the door he managed a grin. "I'm okay babe, really. You got the meds? If so let’s try to get down the road before shit starts up again."
He shook his head at how he worded things, "Ok can't help if it’s appropriate."
Geena shook her head in dismay as she wrapped her arm around his waist; then shoved the water in his hand. "Drink this you need it. " She watched him tip the bottle up as they walked to the car hoping that adding water to what was left on his stomach wouldn’t hurt him. She helped him in the car then soon followed, shutting the door behind her. "Ok Mick, I think we can go again, but make sure to be ready for another stop."
Mick glanced back then back out to the parking lot. "Might wanna wait on wife two ma'am. Don't think that tall guy there would appreciate leaving her behind."
She opened the door, hearing the last of the driver’s words. "I'm here Mick; you won't get to leave me behind." Sliding into the limo she opened the wrapping around the afghan and shook it out, only to lay it over Richie's body. Pulling his head onto her shoulder she glanced over at Jon. I hope he can make it into Philly.
"Well shit, sorry Bri, just wanted to get going before we have to stop again. I have a feeling that might be soon." Geena glanced at her husband, "Baby why don't you try and lay down?" She cast a look to Bri; as bad as she wanted to laugh, seeing him so miserable tugged at her heart strings. Call her soft, so the fuck what -- Did he deserve to know what she had been going thru? Yes. Did she like watching him suffer? No -- well maybe a little at first .
She felt Richie shiver and pulled him closer, her arm moving around him to anchor the blanket. "Should have bought two, damned husband is bigger than the afghan." Looking up at Geena she nodded, "It's totally understandable. I hope we can get to Philly, Richie needs to be in bed until show time."
Richie closed his eyes, the ride lulling him to sleep. He rested his head on her shoulder. Nope never gonna mess with Karma again. "How's Jon? " He winced as his voice came out little better than a gruff raspy whisper.
Geena moved to sit on her leg pulling Jon towards her. "We'll be there before you know it honey. You need a good night's sleep. It’s probably just the 24 hour bug."
Bri glanced over at Jon and winced before whispering to Richie."He looks like shit."
AT the whisper Jon groaned, his finger hitting the button for the privacy window. "Mick, find an exit." Dear God will this not end? I stayed away from the crew, I take my vitamins, I exercise. Why is this happening to me? Just then he heard a soft inner voice chortling, a voice that sounded suspiciously like
Mick glanced in the rear view mirror. "Yes sir." He drove a couple miles, then pulled off into a rest area.
Geena again quickly followed, casting a backward glance to Bri and Richie as she let go of a deep sigh
He glanced back and saw her following. "Baby you can’t go in with me.. get back in the limo where it's comfortable."
“You're sick. I go where you go. I'll wait here outside. Besides, you'll need your water. Maybe I should buy some more." She glanced around for a vending machine. "Look I will go buy some more while you’re in there okay?"
He opened the door nodding, "That sounds like an idea."
"Ok baby be right back." Geena trotted off to the vending machine buying a couple of bottles, she had no idea exactly how much Carly had given and he could dehydrate really easily. Bottles in hand she turned and headed back to wait at the door.
Within minutes he was stepping back through the door, taking the bottle of water offered him. With a sheepish grin he reached out, tugging her into his chest as he leaned to press a kiss on her forehead. "I don't deserve this; I know that but thank you."
"Baby, no one deserves this.” She glanced up to see the quizzical look in his azure eyes. "Okay, well maybe you deserve it a little bit, but I love you and we take care of those we love -- even when sick. You know as in our vows? In sickness and in health," she softly smiled as they stepped back into the car.
He slid in beside her, nodding to Mick to carry on. Turning back to Geena he smiled. "I promise to follow those vows more closely from now on." As she snuggled back into his side he glanced over at David. "How's Rich?"
Geena smiled and snuggled up to him unable to resist saying the words, " So a few hours near the porcelain bowel isn’t fun now is it ? "
David glanced over at Richie and shook his head. "Pretty miserable if you ask me. I'm staying far away from the both of you."
He winced as she spoke and knew then that although his traitor of a stomach was bad, tasting it coming back up would have been worse. "I admit it Geena, and I've only felt this way a couple of hours. I can't see how you took it."
Geena studied him quietly, searching his eyes to see the truth shining there. "I took it because I am carrying your child. I love this baby even after spending hours over the toilet . It’s worth it to be able to hold her in my arms," she spoke honestly. "I just wanted you to support me like Richie did for Bri -- instead I felt you resented me and this baby."
He would have hung his head, but he looked her straight in the eyes. "Never resented you. I think I was angry though." He took a deep breath and managed a chuckle, "first time in my life something took me totally by surprise. You knocked me on my ass, gave me a run for the money and I didn't know what to do with it, so I fucked up." He leaned in and winked, "I’m done with the fuckin' up, but not the fucking, got that?"
Geena couldn't help but smile. "I didn't think you would be done with the fuckin '.” She reached for his hand, grasping it tightly. "I need you, I never have done this before and frankly I'm scared to death and when you just shoved me away," her eyes glanced down. "It hurt. "
He pulled her tighter, "You're just so strong, it never occurred you'd be scared, but you don't have to do this alone baby. Not only do you have me, but damn if the entire crew wasn't on your side." He glanced over at Richie a moment, "I nearly lost more than you being so stupid. I won't be that stupid again."
Richie slightly opened his eyes. He glanced at Bri with a nod. Maybe just maybe his bro was finally back. He hoped the fuck he was. He would have hated for their relationship to end over this. He wouldn't have hesitated though, sometimes you had hard choices, and if it had come down to his kid and wife or his friend… He shivered at the contemplation of the idea. He felt too sick to even think about it right now. .
Bri glanced at Jon a moment and prayed he meant all he said. Turning her attention back to Richie she lifted a hand to brush over his forehead again. A slight sigh of relief escaped her when he felt slightly cooler. Leaning against him she allowed her eyes to close.
"Really The whole crew?" She asked incredulously. She had heard the boys had wanted to walk, but not the crew. Did she make that much of an impact for them to do that?
He chuckled at her disbelief, "Yeah the Circle Tour nearly became the Wipe out tour, trust me baby, they like you a lot better than me right now."
She cocked her head to the side and grinned. “Imagine that." All of her life she had wanted to feel like she belonged and now she truly did, she thought as she received a warm reassuring smile from David , Tico even Richie who was half sick flashed her a half smile.
Bri's eyes fluttered open as the limo stopped for what seemed to be the one hundredth time that day. "Oh God not again!" As she straightened her brow furrowed to see a mostly glass building to the passenger side. Craning her neck she looked up and shook her head at the many floors. "He went to the bathroom here? Okay where the hell are we?"
Richie glanced up. "I have no idea where we are. Was it Jon again? "
Geena had followed Jon in yet again. Her stomach had been trying to revolt all day but she willed it back because she needed it to be there for Jon, but this time it had been her as well.
Bri groaned, her head thunking back onto Richie's shoulder only to be rewarded with what sounded like a whimper from her husband, a manly growled whimper, but a whimper none the less. "Sorry baby."
'It's okay, Are we ever gonna get to Philly? Love Carly but not sure if this was the best thing to do. We'd be in Philly by now if she hadn’t visited Montezuma’s Revenge on the fuckhead. " He almost whined God he hated being sick.
Geena left the bathroom feeling a tad better than she had been, glanced around for Jon not seeing him, so assumed he was still in the bathroom too. She leaned against the wall and waited. “You okay baby," she called out in a weak voice.
He rinsed his mouth, then took a look in the mirror. Hearing how soft her voice sounded he turned and opened the door. "I probably feel better than I look." He leaned in closer, studying her slight pallor, "better question is how are you?"
"Just a slight revolt I think -- chicken soup didn't work this time. Lack of sleep probably has done it too but its just a normal day in the life of G Bongiovi lately " She joked.
He wrapped an arm around her, using his free hand to pull his cap lower on his face. That he'd had to stop and use the facilities in an available grocery store was nothing, that the world got wind that he was sick was something else. "Never had something stick it to me this bad," he muttered as he walked from the store with Geena.
"Well, I can feel your pain, unfortunately mine won’t go away in 24 hours." Geena grimaced, "I keep saying it’s worth it as I hang over the toilet. " She smiled at his look of disbelief." Well I do, it’s the only way I can get through it."
He chuckled or tried too as he opened the limo door, "It will be, trust me. The first time you see the baby's face, you'll forget all this." He glanced into the car only to see two hands lifted in a one handed salute. "One word, and I'll make it a point to breathe on you both." He glanced at Richie who groaned, "And I'll make sure to make the set list extra long too."
"If you can stay away from the john Jon," Richie snorted, "go for it." He grasped Bri's hand squeezing it tightly.
"IF you both don't get any rest and this doesn't pass it WILL be the first time in Jovi history a show will be cancelled." Geena held up a hand. "Ah, no neither of you have a say in this understand? We do," Geena pointed at Bri then herself. "And you both will listen!"
Jon bit back the retort at the fire in her eyes, a smile forming at how protective she was with him, even after all he'd done. "You don't have to worry baby. We have a doctor that will have us both fixed up before the show, and.." he glanced at David a moment, "We have a couple days to just rest and get better."
'We shall see won't we? You let us decide if you're better cause if we left it up to you two, you would go on with a porta pottie on the damned stage," Geena shot back.
David piped up "Oh Hell no! I know these two asses. Knowing them it would be placed beside my keyboards."
Jon laughed even though it made his belly hurt worse. "There was another place for it?" He glanced at David and started laughing. They'd actually done that once before, and the crowd at that stadium had always wondered about the extra large speaker sitting there. Looking at Geena he shrugged, "The show must go on baby. That's always been my motto."
Bri's eyes opened as she growled, "Might be your motto, but damned if you gonna kill my husband before the baby's are born."
"Oh no it won't," Geena interjected. "What good is it if you go on, both of you running back and forth to said bathroom? You know how you both sweat, the quicker you dehydrate the sicker you’d get. If I have to lock you in the room for the duration I will. Besides I can't have my best friend kill my husband because he helped kill hers before our baby is born.”
Jon patted her hand gently and nodded. "Baby trust me, if we aren't able, we'll reschedule." But we'll be better and you'll believe it too before we go on stage sick or not. Ain’t cancelled a show in twenty seven years, ain't gonna stop now for a stomach bug. He watched her as he schooled his face into smile. "Okay?"
Geena gazed into those eyes, she could usually tell when he was not being totally truthful. “A'right, " she answered. She was still unsure though. What if he was just trying to appease her?
He grinned as the car hit the Philadelphia city limits and rolled down the privacy window. "Mick, drop off the Samboras at Two Liberty place first, then rush us to the hotel. I ain’t fucking going up fifty two damn floors to use the john."
"Yes sir," Mick answered back finally reaching Richie's penthouse. Pulling into the private entrance he threw the limo into park .
Richie reluctantly sat up. "Thank God! Didn't think we were ever gonna make it too Philly." He tossed the blanket aside and crawled out. "See you in a couple days," he called back. Reaching for Bri's hand he stumbled into the building .
She reached back, snagging the purple afghan almost losing her balance as he snorted, coughed and croaked his way to the door. Turning her head she shouted, "See you all in a couple days!"
David leaned out to grab the door handle and tried hard to not laugh. He felt sorry for Bri, Richie had to be the worst patient. He hated feeling sick and turned into a very whiny baby. He remembered well the days on tour when Richie was sick. Shutting the door he turned back to Jon. "Better load up on gum and spit buckets man."
Jon started to laugh as the limo pulled off. "Tell me about it. He's bad enough well."
Geena shook her head. "I swear you two, Davie boy better be careful you could be next." She leaned forward stretching. The million and one stops they had made on the way to Philly had every bone and muscle in her body stiff.
Jon grinned as they finally pulled up to the hotel, his body out the door before the wheels stopped turning. Leaning into the limo he took Geena's hand and helped her out. "I’d say it’s a shower for me and the spa for you. Then I'll see about working those stiff muscles out."
"Sounds heavenly, You feeling better then? " Geena asked as they made their way thru the hotel and onto the elevator. She leaned on him as quiet silence fell over them. "I'm glad you came after me "
He held her close as the elevator rose, the opening of the door signaling home base for now. Glancing at her as they walked towards his door, he suddenly realized that although he knew the room number, and although they had the entire floor he didn’t' have his keycard. Taking a deep breath he bellowed, "OBIE!"
Obie opened his door glanced out at his Boss and friend. "Yea what?" He then saw Geena and smiled changing his tone. " Yea what can I do for you? "
"Heya Obie how goes it ? " Geena smiled.
Obie glanced at Jon who was damned near dancing in the hall, "Much better I believe." He stepped out into the hall and held the keycard above Jon’s head, snorting as Jon jumped for it and missed. "Funny thing, I got a call from Joker....he said to make you wait on the key. I wonder why?"
Geena chuckled. "Obie , please for me?" She batted her eyes. "Poor guy is really sick and the way my stomach feels, I don't think I can handle any kind of mess, if you know what I mean."
He lowered the keycard, laughing hysterically as Jon snatched for it and had it slid through the slot before he could blink. He watched his friend nearly run through the living room on the way to the bedroom and leaned in to Geena, "Did she really?"
"Yes she did, apparently a good dose too. I swear I have seen every bathroom from Jersey to here and that.s no lie." She laughed, "and for once it wasn't me, well once or twice it was me, but -- "
Obie grinned. "Fucker deserved it. I hope it lasts for a day or two. He needs a good shooting down." He glanced at Geena's wide eyes. "He's a fuckin' bad patient, worse than Rich even, so if you need a break just dial my room."
Geena slung her arms around Obie giving him a big hug. "You're too sweet, but If I can handle grump ass on a normal basis I can handle this. But if I do need you I will call you and thanks. " She turned and walked in the suite. "Baby? "
He fell face first on the bed and groaned. Damned if his belly and all points south didn't feel like he'd been scrubbed inside out with Bleach. He growled from the pillow. "Yeah love?"
She crawled up beside him. "How can I make it better for you? Other than give you a new stomach , which sorry I can't do." Her hands ran over him slowly. She really should be laughing, throwing it back in his face, but for the life of her she couldn't .
He twisted to his side and pulled her closer as his eyes closed. "You're doing it right now baby. You're here and that’s all I need."
She snuggled up to him "And it’s all I need to, just you ." She yawned. 'I don't think I could have lasted longer, you know, even if you hadn't come to get me. Guess that just makes me I don't know stupid huh? Most would have been at a divorce attorney the same day."
He held her close, his nose pressed firmly into her hair as he let that floral womany hair scent lull him into sleep. "IF ya ask me that makes you wise. You learned about second chances, something even I am still working on."
Tour Itinerary
-
*Bon Jovi Circle Tour One-Off/Promotion Shows*
October 22, 2009 East Rutherford, NJ: New Meadowlands Stadium
November 11, 2009 ~ NYC: Rockefeller Center
No...
15 years ago
Glad to see they finally made it to Philly lol. Poor Richie sick with the flu while Jon deals with Carlys payback. Hope they both feel better soon.
ReplyDelete