Jon's brow flicked up, "With who?"
David started to laugh hysterically. He got the reference. He’d been on the board enough to remember the discussions about Bullwinkle and Rocky and exactly who they were and why they were called that. "Moose," he glanced at Richie before turning to Jon,"and Squirrel.” He walked away laughing hard, his phone glued to his ear to hear the end of the call.
Carly mumbled into the phone, “never you mind!”
Richie tried to bite back a laugh but it came out anyway. "Darlin' you explain that one too him. And yes," His attention turned back to the conversation, "I know women don’t like that but damn I don’t want all the guys gawking at her tits.”
“We will have the Women 101 lesson right after the Trojans 101!”
"Someone better explain what the fuck is going on here." He watched Richie fight the laughter.
The only moose and squirrel he could ever remember was that stupid cartoon show in the 60's he watched as a kid. "What the hell does that cartoon have to do with pregnant women?"
“Ok Jon, geeze, just take a chill pill, or do we need to have a class on that too? Stress is bad for you. Don't you know that? Besides, this is not about YOU now! Tell me again, what is going on with Geena? I need to decide whether she needs to go to ER or just get a good nights rest and loads of Gatoraid.”
He nearly growled as yet another woman started bossing him verbally. So they were all a package deal, he was getting that now. "She stays nauseous a lot, throws up at the slightest whiff of anything she don’t like."
Carly was literally biting her nails. She was trying to do phone triage and the prima donna to beat all prima donnas was not cooperating. She almost growled as her inner nurse mixed with the best friend gene. “Jon, I need to know if she is able to hold down liquids! Are her lips looking dry and cracked? Is she peeing for crying out loud!!!”
He mulled her question over. grumbling,"fUCK gimme a minute here. Yeah she’s pissing, yes she’s holding some fluid down, and although I kiss off the damned lipstick regular I don’t think they are chapped."
Carly sighed in relief. “OK, sounds like you don't need to run her to ER yet.”
He sighed, "But that's why we're calling you dammit. I wanna hire you. YOU tell me you think they'll be left home just for doctor visits?"
“She still needs to see a doctor ASAP!”
He nodded, "We'll call a doc in we know here tommorrow, now answer me dammit."
“There is only so much that I can do Jon. I need a diagnosis to work with! Sure I can come out and help this weekend...but I can not get any meds or supplies without a prescription from a DOCTOR!!!!”
He pulled the phone from his ear and muted it a moment, "Fuckin' bossy little... she’s just like the other two."
David smiled. "Yea and dont ya love it . That’s my Ketsl."
"Did you expect anything else?" Richie laughed. "They are best friends, sistahs as Bri calls it "
Jon shook his head and unmuted the phone forcing a genial tone to his voice. "I said I'd call a doctor in the morning. We'll get you your orders, but are you willing to work for us? I promise to reimburse you amply for leaving your job."
“What do you mean [i]work for you?"[/i] She stressed the words as everything it could mean t-boned in her brain.
Richie piped in to explain. "Help take care of our girls Carly. We don't want them to be at home. We want them with us for as long as possible, and that means having a professional along. They won't trust just anyone you know that."
Jon nodded, "Yeah what he said, and Joker said you were a obstetrics nurse, who better to get than their friend? Hell maybe you can keep them on the straight and narrow."
“I ain't working for Jon!!! no way in hell will I call him boss or let him order me around!”
"HEY! I'm a fuckin' good boss!"
"Oh he'll behave Carly , or G might take a walk again."
“Aha....RIGHT!!!! And who changed you Prozac dose today?!?!”
Jon’s eyes narrowed at the tone, "I don't fuck with that shit, you sayin' I'm crazy?"
Richie’s guffaw echoed through the phone lines as he watched Jon’s brow furrow. Jonny didn’t like that did he? God he was so glad he’d egged Jon into bringing the women into their world. Their brand of over the top honesty was just what they all needed. Biting back a smirk, he mumbled, "She has a point dude."
“Nahhh, just watching a black and white documentary.”
He growled slightly, "I'm a fuckin' good boss. Hell they're all still with me 27 years later. That says something."
“OK, listen to me. I'm working tomorrow...but Friday morning I'll drive up to Connecticutt and take a look at my friends, *cough* patients, unless David wants to drop by and give me a lift.”
"OH I'll do more than lift ya Ketsl."
“There you are honey! I was wondering if the BOSS would ever give you your phone back!”
"Sweetie he has his own, we’re conference calling. And he means it about the job. I'll find a way to convince ya to do it."
“You do that darling! but I'm still not gonna call him BOSS!
"You can call him Rocket. That’s what we're calling him lately."
“That might be a problem... I HATE rodents!”
"He's got a thick skin baby, he can handle it, besides I know you know the right, errrrrr, medication to deal with rodents." He started laughing as Jon snorted and Richie started laughing.
"Maybe you can keep THEM on the straight and narrow, instead of the other way around."
No comments:
Post a Comment