Friday, September 10, 2010

Chapter 131





Geena sat listening as the guys started with Happy Now then Follow. Glancing over at Bri she snickered. Bri was trying so hard not to watch Richie but even though Richie hadn't noticed, she had given him a few quick slide glances with an expression of almost pain that quickly changed back to anger. Geena's attention turned back to the stage when Pierre started with a couple quick questions. .


She flicked an eyebrow upwards when Jon opened his mouth and answered.


She poked Geena and nearly laughed when Jon mentioned having commitment issues. The boy at least kept things truthful, but when the deejay Pierre asked him why they wanted to go on a long tour and Jon pointed around to each man saying "Well he's divorced and he's divorced.." her brow flicked up in amazement, until she heard her very own husband's voice pipe in with; "Well I'm on a worldwide search for the next ex Mrs. Sambora."
  
She turned to glance at Geena, her eyes wide with shock. "He fuckin' didn't?"

Geena's eyes turned dark, "OH but he did. Tell me there wasn't a pause," she bit out.

"There was."  She felt herself stiffen as she gave Richie one long glance as they finished the interview section of this part of the show, her anger imploding against her fear. "You think he meant it?"

"Nah I think he was covering for Mr non commital there," Geena spat the words, her blood pressure rising as she shot Jon a nasty look. She knew he had said he wanted to keep things quiet but to act like she didn't even exist well that just didn't sit right with her.

"Yeah well I can understand that shit from Mr no commit, but Richie??  He’s still searching? What am I a fuckin’ in the meanwhile Mrs. Sambora?" Her voice broke off as she settled her gaze on anyone but Richie. "I just might have to kill him."
  

'I think it was a say before you think sorta deal . Men do that quite often. What the fuck they know we are here and they still do it ? "

She shook her head, her confusion evident. " I don't know, They don't usually say stuff they don't mean, even in interviews when they're being playful."

Geena shook her head disagreeing " No not Richie if be anyone else then I agree but not Richie he was  covering for asshole there "

The hurt settled deep into her heart as she listened to her friend's explanation. "More ways to cover for his royal..." her voice broke off before she called him something truly bad, "without acting single and on the hunt."

Geena sighed, 'Go ahead and say it, he is. You and I  both know it . Makes me wonder if he is gonna admit being involved with me. "


Her frown deepened. "Well Mr On the hunt there makes me wonder the same."  She sighed, "Oh hell we just keep running this in circles... they said it.. we obviously DO NOT mean enough to them for them to at least say NOTHING."


Richie knew Bri had been angry since last night but after he had answered, or piped up to cover for Jon,  which was all he intended to do , her expression had darkened even more. He wished he could take it back but it was too late. Talk about foot in mouth disease! Great Goin Sambora!  He kept scolding  himself silently as he looked at Geena who seemed to be suffering from the same anger or moodiness as Bri,  then shot a look at Jon .


He glanced over to Richie with the arch of a brow, noted his path of eyesight and glanced that way only to internally cringe. Oh great, fuck damn great. Geena was pissed. She didn't get it was all hype, and he'd make it a point to explain that, but when his gaze moved to Bri all he could do was force back the laugh. Shit Richie had proclaimed to the world to be looking his next ex and she'd snuck in on him?  Thank God he was married to Geena, she was a bit more level headed.  Turning back to the mic they started the last song of the set.

Bri stood there silent and stiff until the last bars of Lost Highway faded away, her anger simmering to the boiling over point. As the house lights faded up to bright she spared Geena one glance then turned to make her way backstage.  She needed to find a car and fast before Richie found her. If he found her right this second he'd be singing soprano, no matter what his excuse was. Stopping for a brief second she turned to G and called out. "I'll see you soon girl!"  She could feel the tightness in her voice and knew if she didn’t find a vacant room she'd be bawling her eyes out in anger and hurt in front of the fans, and they'd all be wondering what was wrong with the crazy woman.

Geena stood up , glared up at the stage while counting to ten. It usually worked but not this time . Her emotions were all over the place these days and this just set her temper off . She started to head back in the same direction as Bri when she heard her name called. She froze stiffly not turning.

Richie watched Bri storm off.  He was in deep shit and he knew it. Maybe he could get Geena to tell him what he could do to make it better. Maybe then he wouldn't be in the doghouse too long. Yea thats it.  "Yea Geena wait a moment !"
  
Geena turned slowly biting her lip til it almost bleed. "Yes Rich?" She made her way slowly to the edge of the stage where Richie still stood, not even looking at Jon.
  
    Richie paused "Hey you know why I said that right. I didn't mean it quite like it sounded, it's just the first thing that came out of my mouth."
  
    "Sure Rich, whatever you say. You were covering his ass so hard you screwed yours  instead," Geena spat lowly.

"But it was just horsing around on stage, we do that all the time, it's how we keep the press out of our private business Darlin. She wasn't that pissed off was she?"

Geena snorted "Horsing around? You don't say that shit around a pregnant woman. God! You two !!  Sure you just gave tons of girls hope. And I ain't even going in with what he did.. We get we are in another realm of your lives but to fucking hear, oh you're on a long search bullshit and then a big pause? It kinda of makes a girl think do we matter?  Kinda makes ya go hmmm about the damned vows. Must be more important to us girls than you guys huh,” Geena rambled her temper reaching its breaking point.


"Well of course you two matter. We married ya right?"  He closed one eye as he winced and waited for the punch or whatever she'd throw his way. "Aww come on Geena you know I love Bri."

Geena raised her tiny fist. She knew it wouldn't hurt, but she punched him with all her might.  "Do I? Fuck, first you tell her what to wear and let me tell you if Mr royal highness told me that he’d be more than in the doghouse he’d be UNDER it. Second, For two men who know how to put words and lyrics together so well you both sure know how to say the wrong damn thing a lot." Geena shot a glare to Jon then back to Richie.


He knew then that if Geena was this mad, Bri with her moods was going to be ten times worse. "Maybe I shouldn't have, hell maybe Jon shouldn't have said it the way it was said, but I've been backing up his crazy shit for years Darlin. I don't even think when I spit the words out."

"Why did you back him up ? Why didn't ya let him fall? He knew I was here and fuck I should have known the other night was just a fluke. I don't matter, Now you got Bri feeling the same way and damnit -- I wont allow that. screw me I can deal," Geena fought the ever changing emotions that seemed to flood her lately. Now she was crying, not sure if they were tears of anger , hurt or just because she fucking hormonal .

His brow flicked up curiously as he walked up to his wife. When she punched Richie all censors went on alert, but when he saw her tears his mouth began the growl. "what the fuck ya do to my wife man?"

"I didn't do nothin-- "Richie was  cut off as Geena swung around " Its what you both did "

"What the fuck did I do? I saw Sabrina ready to bust a gut, and thought you were worried about her, now you saying I did something? what did I say?"

'MR fucking have  to cover your shit stuck his foot his mouth to cover for you yet again .. If you can't see what you did why should I explain Mr long pause before speaking .  " Geena rattled off shaking God she wished she could get a reign in on these emotions

His head shook as he fought back a laugh. he couldn't laugh now dammit it was too serious. "Babe, all I said was I have a problem with commitments. He leaned in and grinned, "And I do cuz I'm already commited to you. YOU know we agreed to keep that quiet right? The rest I said was truth.. DAvid IS divorced, Richie WAS divorced. as to lunkhead here, I didn't ask him to say shit."

Geena stood there for a moment as she let all he said sink in  "You enjoyed saying it too much . and what was the pause for huh? before Bullwinkle inserted his big foot into his mouth "

He leaned in and brushed a kiss over her brow before pulling back to smile at her. "that was me trying to figure out what to say when the urge to point you out and shout I'm gonna be a dad hit."

"Had to pause a moment baby. Jesus, we agreed to wait til we told the kids, had I slipped here? It woulda been to Jersey before me."

She sighed " Yea I know just it -- I dunno sounded like I didn't matter thats all. I know before you think it God she is insane but women read into these things its what we do "

He sighed and reached for her hand, his body twisting towards the backstage doors as he led her into the belly of the arena. "Do me one favor baby. Never read shit into anything I say on stage. Thats all publicity and hype ok? I'll flirt, dance, kiss and say all manner of things to make a show successful."

Geena stared at the concrete floor with a pout " I know and I know you are two different personas just thats the first interview and I dunno didn't expect that well I did if I was in fangirl mode but -- its different " she paused and chuckled  and rolled her eyes " What the fuck have I become ? Someone I  swore I wouldn't if I ever got Roc-- I mean you in my life . Yea I know we fantasised alot ok?
  

He pulled her into the dressing room and wrapped her in a hug. "I'll just be more careful from now on Ok babes?  I'm still adjusting to having my girl around all the time, and how what I do might affect her. I can't change too much, they expect things; which you know above all, but I WILL be more careful. I promise."
  
  

"Ok thank you . ' Geena buried her face in his shoulder for a few moments " I'm sorry too-- for freaking out ."

He smiled as he leaned in, his lips finding hers for a short sweet kiss. If anything warmed his heart it was hearing that tiny trill of worry. She was a volitile woman, in emotions and passion. He never knew for sure where he stood, and that was the challenge and the thrill to him. "Baby, if you didn't do a tiny freak out on occassion I'd think you didnt love me."

'You liking me freakin' out ? "Geena raised an eyebrow " I'm a hormonal mess "

He tightened his hug and grinned, "But you're my hormonal mess."

"Can I get that in writing ? " Geena smirked

"I think that's called a marriage liscense baby."  His brows waggled as her mouth fell open. "You need more?"


"Well if you're offering ? Hey I just realized you didn't get all pissy with me "

His laughter roared through him as he pressed a last kiss to her lips before heading to the showers. "I'll write you out a nice long one when we get to the hotel."

No comments:

Post a Comment