Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chapter 132




Richie slowly made his way down the long hallway , he paused when he heard crying coming from one of the empty rooms . he took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. You really did it this time asshole.   He scolded himself a few more moments then silently walked into the room that had his heart clenching automatically.  He looked around, finding her on the  couch facing the back and began to make his way over to her .
  
Kneeling down he murmured, " Darlin? "
  

She sniffed, her hand moving up to wipe her eyes. "Don't call me that."

Richie winced. "But you ARE my Darlin'." He reached for her hand only to have her swat it away.  "I'm sorry baby . I shouldn't have said it . I just spoke before I thought, you know I am good for that. I didn't mean it, really I was just trying to be funny Rich honest. "

"You want a new ex Mrs Sambora? World wide hunt for a new woman? Not funny to me Richard."  Pretty damn sure of what she'd see if she looked at him, she sniffled and kept her head averted. She knew his tricks now.  He was good at the sad puppy look.
  
  
She hated the quaver in her voice as well, stupid moods these days had her all over the place. "What am I then? Something to hold place til you find the right one? Just someone you can boss around and screw when the need arises?"  

"That ain't true baby . It was just a stupid thing to say . I was just being funny to cover Jon's ass . He was gonna slip up and say something he shouldn't, not yet anyway. The kids can't find out like this. You know Dot would have his head if they did." Richie tried to explain further. " Honest I love you and its you that I wanna be with, now and always"

She almost laughed, almost. "Oh yeah always about covering HIS ass, not worried about anyone else."
  
She stood and moved to a couch a few feet away. "All about what you want, what he wants. I shouldn't have come. I was right when I said I should stay home. Damn Geena for talking me into it."

"Its not like that, its habit Baby . When we are on stage or in an interview I back him up, been doing it for 20 plus years. It’s hard to change that. Its a reflex. You know I love you and only you. Think about the girl on the board, the fan in the audience. What man am I on stage? And  who am I off stage?" He paused a moment when her words finally connected. Stepping over to her he growled, "Stayed home what are you saying? "

She mumbled as she stood there, still unwilling to look him in the eye. "Yeah I want thousands of women chasing you cuz you're still looking that new ex."  She stopped as she heard the slight hitch of hurt in his voice. "AT the apartment Rich. I shouldn't have come. I'm still mad at you, and then when I heard that shit it just imploded inside of me. Maybe I should just go, you can handle the concert without me. You’ve been doing it for years after all."

"When is that any different? Honey they chase me either way. Let me tell you this.  They can chase all they want, I’ll still want you only.  Where is the fire I fell in love with, the girl that said she could handle all this? You above all should know what I am on stage and who I am when I am with you. I come home to you, I always will."

She whirled around suddenly, her hands raising to rake through her hair, "I don't KNOW where she is. She got married, she got pregnant! Where's the man I married? the sexy fun loving  loves to design sexy clothes man?? HUH? Where's MY Rich?"

'I'm right here I haven't gone anywhere. It just seems like  I can't do anything right without facing your wrath lately," Richie sighed.

The tears overflowed as he sighed, "you ORDERED me not to wear the clothes YOU helped design! It won't be much longer and I won’t be able to fit into anything but a tent and you don't want me to look nice for you.. and and and, " she felt herself stuttering and hated it and herself for the doing of it. "I  just get so.. moody, and  I don't know how to stop it."
  

Richie pulled her into an embrace "I'm sorry. I just got so jealous to when I thought of others looking at you."  He paused and stroked her hair. " I know baby I should be more understanding with your emotions like they are now. I promise you it will get better. "  I hope it gets better, this hormonal merry go round is not fun.

"Not gonna get better, gonna get all... " she leaned her head on his chest, her anger forgotten for the moment. "You didn't approve, I get it. But I can't let you order me. I can't let anyone tell me how to dress to suit again. Don't ya get it Rich?"

"I know I can't and I'm sorry. I promise never to order you to do anything unless it is to save you from harming yourself," Richie murmured quietly as she finally allowed him to hold her. He knew then he had to remember that she had even more cause to be independent than most, especially after her first marriage.

She glanced up at him then, seeing the contrition and sadness in his eyes over hurting her. "It's just that, I kinda enjoy you all kinky in it's place, but when it comes to every day stuff, I have to be my own person. I have to be That Bri you liked, for both our sanity."
  

He chuckled then. "Agreed. Kinky only in the bedroom, who can complain about that?" Richie smirked.

She felt the tears increase in earnest, hiccuping her way through the next sentence. "Then why am I still crying, you're nice I cry, you're bossy I cry, you sing I cry, you sleep I cry. WHY the hell am I either angry or sobbing all over you?"

"Because baby you're pregnant and your hormones are going insane because of all that, whatever they wanna call it.  " Richie tried to explain. "Maybe we should ask Carly to explain that one or David. He was gonna be a doctor once upon a time you know."

She stopped, her eyes going wide as she listened to his words. Before she knew it she had started to laugh. "DAVID? A DOCTOR?"

"Yea David was gonna be a doctor. Could you imagine ? Still trying to figure out what kinda of doctor he was gonna be. Jon and I say an Ob/Gyn considering how much he liked....."

She choked on her laughter her head shaking, "Naah, pyschiatrist, hes fuckin' certifiable and it takes one to know one."


Richie's laughter roared. "Now that would be even scarier . You know that right?"

She nodded as her laugh finally broke free. "Yeah but getting baby advice from him is just as scary."  She stopped a moment as it hit her, hell they'd all had kids and she hadn't. They might actually know something she didn't. "God you all have the experience, why do I suddenly feel very afraid?"

"Baby it does, believe it or not,  come natural . No need to be afraid. Besides you have G and she is as new to this as you are, " Richie said re-assuredly.


"Not afraid Rich, confused. I worked so hard to not be a blubbering mess and a couple months with you and I'm fighting mad or crying all over you. How do you stand it?"

"I love you darlin' . I don't mind the mood swings, you are carrying something very precious." At her unbelieving look he continued. "Baby I can handle the puking, the mood swings and yes even the screaming you're  gonna do later when you give birth, " he winked and kissed her.

She snorted, her head shaking in amazement. "You've done it again dammit. You make it okay. One of these days I'll figure out your secret to that."

"I can't give away all my secrets, " he smiled.

"You won't have to, I'll figure it out myself."
  
  

2 comments:

  1. 2 chapters in 2 days. I'm in heaven. Thanks very much. Love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow the thought of David being a doctor strikes me as interesting. Poor girls are all hormonal lol.

    ReplyDelete