Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chapter 145

 Geena glanced over at Jon who was sleeping soundly, throwing back the covers she crawled out of bed and put on her robe. The boys would be up soon and wanting breakfast . She smiled to herself as she made her way to the kitchen and to the fridge. Her mind drifted back to when she had first met Romeo and Steph. She had been so nervous What if they hated her and all kinds of typical Geena thoughts. But they loved her. Steph and her hit off with discussions on fashion and boys .  She smiled to herself   then turned to college and how nervous she was to go .
  
    Romeo stole her heart though , he was the sweetest boy but definitely his father's son. By the time DC's show was over, she was worn out chasing him over the place.  So when they finally came home to his penthouse in Soho she felt better with the fact they would have the two boys. Jesse was in Florida so she would meet him another time and Dot was taking Steph for college visits so it gave her time to really get to know Jake and Romeo.
  
    One of the the First things she did was send Katie the nanny on vacation. If she was gonna be a stepmom and mom she was gonna do it all first hand. If she made mistakes then so be it, but she didn't want to rely on Jon's nanny .
  
    Geena reached into the fridge for some eggs and carried them over to the bowl; cracking two she poured the pancake mixture in with a bit of oil and started to blend it together. She then turned to the grittle and let it preheat . While she waited for it to preheat she made a pot of coffee, she knew though this was sleeping in for Jon he would be up soon.



     His internal alarm started to wail and he mentally grumbled as he turned it off to tug his new wife closer. When his hand encountered cool sheets he groaned.
  
    She was up before him again? Why was she... Oh right, the boys were here and she had taken to playing mom with a vengence. Not only had she sent all staff home, she'd shown him exactly  how well she could handle three Bongiovi's at once.
  
    Sitting up he shook his head then stretched before climbing out of bed. Angling to the bathroom he quickly showered and dressed. Stepping outside of the master bedroom he heard the vroom vroom, glanced down and ended up on his ass as six year old boy and airplane made him into a mountain. "Well good morning to you. What has you in a rush?"
  
    Romeo's lip split into a grin as he scampered off his dad and started back towards the main room. "Gigi gonna make cakes for breakfus'!"

     "Well we all now how much you love cakes huh lil' man?" Jon smiled following his boy to the kitchen.
  
    Geena glanced u.p " Mornin' sleephead, coffee is ready. " She motioned towards the Mr. Coffee while  flipping over the pancakes.

     He aimed for the coffee pot, his hand moving to the cabinet for his favorite large mug. Pouring a steaming cupful he took the first sip of the day. Leaning in to press a kiss on her cheek, he leaned back to enjoy the coffee. "So were you bribed into it or just decided on his fave breakfast food?"

     "No just remembered it was my favorite when I was his age. " Geena smiled as she slid the pancakes on to individual plates "Hungry ? "

     He glanced at his watch, then at the fluffy delicious pile of gold on a plate. "I'll make time to eat."

     "Busy again? Um I thought this was vacation? Hey boys breakfast is ready," Geena called out walking over to the fridge to retrieve the Orange Juice and poured 3 glasses .

     He moved to the table and settled in, giving one hard look at the boys as they started to fight over the syrup. "Never a day off babe, Well, partially off, I only have to make a few phone calls."
  

     Geena helped Romeo with his pancake "Well boys seems like its just us again for a bit what would you like to do while Daddy is working on his vacation?" She winked at Jon to take the sting from her words.

     "I wanna camp out!"   Romeo watched Geena a moment, "Wif a big big white tent!"

     "Well camp out it is. Wanna know a secret?" She leaned down "I used to love to camp out in my backyard when I was a kid just me and my friends."

     Romeo's lip quivered, "But Daddy no have a yard here."

     Geena thought for a moment " But we have  a huge living room. Just have to move a few pieces of furniture."

     Jon watched the exchange and forced back the laugh. Romeo was giving it all he had. "So a fort indoors is it?"

     "Yea why not? That living room is so big I could fit my house in it, " Geena smiled.

     He watched Romeo bounce with excitement and again was amazed.  If you and Jake will get all the big sheets I'm sure could build a fine fort around my phone calls."



     Jake looked at his dad then Geena. No one ever did this for them not even Katie whom they adored. "Ok Daddy we will, Thanks Geena. Come on Romie." Jake took Romeo's hand then led him off in search of sheets they would need for a super-size fort.

     "And you worried about being a good mom." He shook his head and chuckled, "You have them eating outta your hand babe."

     Geena sat down at the table and sipped on her orange juice "Yea well I wasn't sure its been while since I babysat. " She laughed, "But never my own so yes I was scared still am to be honest. "

     He reached out and grasped her hand, "Honey if you can handle three Bongiovis, a baby will be easy."

     "I'm not so sure about that. Your boys are potty trained and don't need everything done for them. "

     He leaned back and snorted, "Wait til you end up bein the one to build the "fort",  then you'll see."

     "What do you mean ? I used to build my own when I was Jake's age . My parents were too busy to help.  We won't go into that though. "

     He leaned in again, studying her face. "You know way too much about me to be saying you won't talk about your family baby. You gotta start talking about that."

     "I know. It's  just. that was not a happy time in my life . Hence is where you came in way back when, " Geena tried to smirk.

     His phone buzzed, his hand slipping automatically into his pocket to retrieve it, Noting the number he placed it on the table. "And just what did I have to do with that?"

     "Well I was in 4th grade. " She smirked. "Sorry baby  but anyway I was watching mtv and here you came on and something drew me even at that age. I know doesn't make since but it did . I had to watch for you after that not that my parents  cared they were never home . I was a latchkey kid before there was such a thing."

1 comment:

  1. About time Jon asked about Geena's past, she is his wife after all. Bring on the fort Bongiovi style.

    ReplyDelete