Laying the paper on the table he stood and made his way out of the kitchen. The slightest murmurs were coming from upstairs. She'd already started it seemed. He walked out to find her. " Bri darlin ? "
She sniffled as she pulled the sheets on the master bed tighter. "In here Rich."
Richie walked into their bedroom. "Baby I'm sorry. Wait stop for a sec, "he gently grabbed turning her to face him. "I'm sorry I guess we should have had a deeper discussion about everyday things too huh? " He tightened the hug with a gentle smile.
She looked up at him, a quiet sigh whispering from her. "What's to discuss? This is your home, if you don't help take care of it, then it's never really yours. And its such a beautiful place, it deserves that kind of love too. "I always knew you were a man who liked his comforts, but not wanting to do for your own home thats just lazy, and you're not ... Lazy I mean."
"I just never really seem to have the time to take care of it. We are always gone or doing side projects. I never really thought about it. It was easier just to hire people to do it."
She snorted slightly, "I'm not talking about repairs or anything like that Richie, but when you ARE home you don't do the little things?" She shook her head, "I guess I just figured since you always claim you're just this guy from Jersey that you'de enjoy being semi normal for a change. I mean how often is it just YOU and Ava, or just YOU and your mom without a bunch of staff around to cater to you so they don't feel important?"
"I guess unless we go and visit ma in Jersey hardly ever now," Richie admitted.
She stood and moved to the window, her gaze sweeping out over the immaculately kept lawn. "IF that's how you want it then, if you're so set in your ways....." She took a deep breath, "I won't ask you to do things..."
"No you're right. Maybe Jon isn't the only one that needs to find the Jersey boy again."
"You'll find it easier than him, I'm already drawing a map for the man."
"Well then lets get this housework done , I think I remember how to run the weedeater, " he winked.
She bit her lip and tried to not laugh. "It has strings you can probably make it sing huh? All I wanted was the beds made, well most of them."
She glanced up relieved to see a smile on his lips, "Any thoughts of what you want to do on your vacation other than sleep all the time or ...." she paused a moment, "What the hell DO you do on a vacation? I didn't even see a televsion so I doubt you veg out on the couch."
"Most of the time I'm workng, when not spending time with Ava or my mom. Now I have White Trash I been busy working on that too. " He paused a moment then chuckled. "TV's in the Entertainment room baby, its hidden in a cabinet. Can't let people know just how much we veg out as you call it."
"No side jobs this week Richie," she sighed, "Nothing, just resting ok? You had that cold, and you're on tour.." She knew she was asking the impossible, he was like a runaway train when it came to energy, but everyone needed true down time.
"I just want this time to be about..." her words trailed off, as her thoughts spiraled, who was she to be telling him how to spend his time? He'd been doing this for too many years to count.
He smiled. " Yes ma'am it just gonna be about you, me, Ava, ma and the baby." He pulled her in close. "I will even shut my cell off," a smirk spread on his face when he caught her doubtful look.
She leaned up to press a kiss on his chin, "What? Can you do without calling Jon for a whole week?" That meant no calls to Geena too, but if he wanted to do it, then that's what she'd do.
"Na I can't ask you not to talk to G, I know you're dying to find out how she handled the Bongiovi Brood," Richie chuckled.
Her brow flicked up, "I can go longer without calling Geena than you can calling Jon. I just betcha." As she grinned the phone vibrated on the bedside table.
"I know better than take a bet with you darlin'. " Richie laughed as he reached for his phone.
He heard the laugh as the phone flipped open. "What not asleep at.." His wrist twisted and noted the time, "nine a.m.? What miracle occured Dean?"
'You're too funny Frank . Call just to see if I was up or you in the doghouse again, " Richie retorted.
He glanced over at his sleeping wife, "I sure aint in the doghouse man, although it was dicey there for a few." He chuckled, "So what DOES have you up so early?"
"Dicey huh ? The brood was too much?" Richie teased, "Na its what we call I married a woman that doesn't believe in sleeping in." He winked at Bri as he spoke the words.
"What the hell else is there to do on vacation for you? Me? I keep busy, but you do like your sleep."
"I'm turning over a new leaf , new wife , new baby and new things to do on vacation. "
Jon leaned back against the headboard, his eyes widening slightly, "What things man? Don't tell me she's got you baby shopping already."
"Na not yet , don't speak so soon about that G will have you out there to you know . You know things like around the house sorta things. "
He nudged G once as his hand slipped over the speaker, "Hey baby, what type of house shit would Bri make a man do?"
Geena groggily opened her eyes 'Wha? um housework you know help clean , lawnwork , take the trash out. You know that shit . Why? "
He started to laugh as his hand slid fro the speaker, "Well I best let you get back to things Hazel."
Richie rolled his eyes. "Better watch it you might be next Alice."
"Naah I'm famous for burning water man, I ain't got a worry."
"But there is other things to do other than cookin' my friend . She is a real woman after all and these two are like peas in a pod."
He glanced over at Geena for a moment, "Ok I gotta ask then, what she has you doing?"'
"I took out the trash so far , gonna help make the beds if you must know, and whatever else is on the honey do list. "
She listened quietly for a moment then leaned in to whisper, "One of the things on the honey do list is me, but only if you can pull away from your brother."
Jon heard the slight murmurs and snorted, "What? She wanting you to clean gutters or something man?"
"Somethin' like that man . Consider yourself forewarned when your lady wakes up be prepared to have a list waiting . "
Jon laughed and glanced at the note he'd found on the beside table. "Man she wrote mine down."
Richie snorted "What's your list got on it? Walk the dog? G is too easy on you."
He winced, "Theres a note about a grill, and hell something about a hoover? What the hell?"
"Thats a sweeper she wants you to sweep the floors . Even I know what a hoover is, " Richie chuckled.
He snorted then started to laugh as he heard an *awww baby wait* from the other end. "What? I'm keeping you from something?
'Apparently she is on the list to do too, " Richie smirked.
"And you're talking to me? You're fuckin' losing it man,"
"What the fuck you called me remember? "
"But MY wife is asleep, or pasrtially."
"And that has stopped you when? " Richie teased.
"Well I sure as fuck wouldn't be talking to you if she were horny you fuckhead."
"Then don't be a callin' get back to your wife and her to do list Alice . I gotta take care of mine."
Jon snorted, "see ya in a week jackass."
"IF you survive, " Richie teased and hung up.
Richie snickered. " I aint the only one with a honey do list now I would pay anything to see him sweep the floor. " Richie paused for a moment " Did you two plan this," he asked pulling her tightly into his arms.
She couldn't help it, she laughed, "Yes, we did. I admit it. We planned it out."
"You girls ummm maybe we should keep you apart from now on," he murmured , leaning down to kiss her.
Her arms went around him as she giggled, "Now that depends on if you want us happy or moody."
Richie thought about it for a moment. " Definitely happy. "
She took a step back before glancing down at the bed, her hand picking up a piece of paper to hand to him. "Well then lets get to that honey do list."
"Whats first on this list, " Richie asked wickedly.
"Read it and see."
Richie took the paper from her and smiled as he read down the list. Spend time with Ava was number one but the rest was spending time in bed. "I think I like this to do list of yours care to get started? "
"Never thought you'd get around to it."
"You are a sneaky thing you know that? " Richie growled in her ear and nibbled along the shell gently.
She tilted her head, loving the feel of his teeth nibbling her skin. "Oh yeah, forgot to tell you that about myself."
"You conviently forgot if you ask me," he muttered as he backed her up to the bed til she fell.
I love honey to do lists lol.
ReplyDelete