She'd woken bright and early, chipper and happy and he was sure that after the fiasco of Philly, with the colds the crew had that had translated to the band and the damned never ending nausea of G, he'd finally maybe get a bit of relief. The obstetrician had assured him that moods were normal in some women as their bodies started making enough hormones and supplies for a pregnancy, even in its early stages. But Damn, he'd thought she'd still be more like herself than she was. But no, he just wasn't that lucky.
God he loved her beyond reason, but if this seesaw of moods didn't get better he'd be gray or bald before the kid arrived. After waking happy she'd suddenly wanted something to eat that the hotel just didnt serve so off he went on a search for double decker tacos with extra guacamole and hot peppers. At eight AM in the morning?? He couldn't even LOOK at hot peppers before the late evening. Christ! He came back bag in hand and she was bawling and laughing, laughing and bawling. HE couldn't get a fuckin' word out of her, she just looked up at him with those big hazel eyes and started bawling again.
All he could get out of her was one word, Jon, before she was off on a tear-fest again. So help him God if Jon had pulled another snit on his wife he'd snatch him bald, NO, he'd rip his throat out. He could sing lead, he'd done it before. Fucking lead singer.... Rapping on Jon's door he nearly roared. "ANYONE HOME?"
"Yea just a moment " Geena called out from the bathroom. Tossing on a robe she quick stepped to the door. She had heard Jon in the bedroom talking, obviously on one of those 'phoners.' She knew he hated to be disturbed during them.
She padded to the door and opened it "Well hey there what's up? "
He glanced at Geena and bit back the urge to growl. "Can I come in?"
Geena flicked up an eyebrow "Sure, Jon's on the phone with a radio station but he shouldn't be long -- I don't think so anyway. " She backed away from the door letting him to walk through while she closed the door behind him.
He moved towards the middle of the room, his hands raking through his hair mussing it even more than usual. "Remind me again why I love her, I swear..." He huffed a moment and turned, "She's crying like a leaky faucet one second and laughing hysterically the next. I've tried EVERYTHING Geena. I've tried holding her, talking to her, just sitting there and I can't stop her. Fuck I know she's been moody, and normal moody I can usually tease her out of, but this? It's like she went around the bend."
He stepped closer, falling to his knees as he reached for her hands, "I'm begging ya, before it kills me, what can I do?"
Geena bit back a snicker as she stared down at this desperate man "Aw Rich I am not sure what I can say really other than ride it out I know its gotta be frustrating . Laugh with her when she is laughing, hell cry with her when she is crying if you have to, if you get frustrated go for a run. Jon's done that a lot lately " Geena chuckled a bit with a roll of the eyes. "It's all normal really. God just the other hour I think I yelled at Jon for not ordering the right kind of fries. "
"But .. she's cried for over an hour, she's gonna get sick! All I did was go for those damned tacos she wanted, with extra peppers at eight am no less, and I came back and she was on this tear fest. G, she's never, not even when that fuckhead was scaring her, she's never cried. I can't figure out why she's so sad. Did I do something wrong?"
"No you didn't do anything wrong , I'm telling you we cry at the drop of the hat . You want another example I was out on the balcony just gazing over the parking lot when I saw this cute puppy dog and oh my god I got hysterical over a damned dog."
He stood, and took a deep breath. "Will you go see if you can.. I just.. " He groaned, "I can't stand to see her cry Geena."
Geena sighed "Ok Rich I'll go talk to her, let me get dressed and you hang out with Jon til I get back. "
Geena grabbed some clothes then trotted off to the bathroom. A few moments later she returned dressed in a pair of sweat shorts and t shirt , hair in a pony tail. She then walked to the bedroom quietly opening the door she glanced in "Oh You are finished . I'm gonna go talk to Bri guess she is having a tear fest and Richie don't know why ? "
Jon glanced up curiously as he slid his phone into his jeans pocket. "She was okay when I left..."
"You were there why were you there ?? " Geena quizzed Jon curiously.IF he upset her again so help me... her temper started to flare at the memory the last time Jon upset Bri.
He shrugged, "Had to ask her something."
"Ask her what? You didn't upset her again did you? " Geena growled as he huffed in exasperation.
He stood and moved too her, his brow furrowing. "I said she was okay when I left." He glanced over her shoulder to see a worried and frustrated friend. "Why?"
"Because she is crying like her best friend died or-- like before when you... YOU know what you did then, " Geena spat.
Richie shot him a dark look "You didn't do something stupid again bro ? "
His frown grew, "Is that what she said? Fuck, I can't even be friendly and she has you on me?" He stalked towards the front door, then stopped. "Well? Come on Geena, Let's just go see what I did why don't we?"
"She didn't say nothing. She just keeps crying!" Richie felt his frustration building
Jon banged his forehead against the door. He couldn't say why he was there, not yet, Dammit. Why the fuck was the woman crying. "Geena..."
"What? " Geena stood arms crossed, then realized he was waiting and quickly walked out the door followed by Richie. " I swear something is going on and I wanna know what, " Geena grumbled.
Jon strolled down the hall then stood at Richie's door waiting. "Gonna get to the damned bottom of this. Damn bad enough if I actually do something to upset her, but now I'm getting credit when I don't."
Richie shot him a look "Better not have bro," and opened the door , walked in "Bri honey I'm back we got company.
Geena flew past him. "Heya Bri, " ignoring both men as she did so
She glanced upwards and saw them all standing there and hiccuped through a tear filled laugh. "Oh my God, Its the musketeers."
Geena plopped down beside her " So whats up ? According to Richie you were crying a river in here and he couldn't figure out why, please tell me it wasn't my a-- hubby doing it "
She glanced at Jon who was alternately looking peeved and worried before looking at Geena. "But...but... it was him that did it."
Her hands went up to wipe the tears from her eyes as she started crying again. "He so .... "
"What did he do ? "Geena spat standing up to face her husband her anger at a full boil
She sniffled and pushed off the couch stepping between Geena and Jon. "He.... He....." She turned and hugged Jon, her head leaning on his shoulder as the laughter and tears started again. "He came by."
Geena quirked an eyebrow "He came by and?? Bri why has he got you crying and why are you hugging him?" A spark of jealousy flared, mixed with confusion and anger .
She straightened and turned to look at her friend and husband both who were showing a mixture of frustration. "Hell froze over! He asked my opinion on something!" She stepped to Richie and burrowed her head into his chest as the tears started up again. "He asked ME!"
Richie glanced at his wife then Geena who looked as equally confused. " He asked you about what? Why could that fuck head ask that would start you on a crying jag? "
She brushed her hands over her eyes and tried to pull in the amazement. "He asked my opinion," She glanced at Jon and caught the merest shake of his head, "That I can't.. I mean.."
She caught her breath as she felt the tears threaten again, "after the arguments, and .. well he came and asked. Floored the fuck outta me." She turned to look at Jon and managed to corral her emotions, "Doesn't meant I wont give him what for the next time he needs it, but he came to me. I ..." she started crying again, "Felt like a part of the circle for the very first time."
Geena though still thoroughly confused felt her anger defuse as she glanced at her friend then her husband flashing a grateful smile whatever he asked her it meant the world to finally belong.
Richie hugged his wife " Of course baby you always been part of the circle even if it took knucklehead awhile to admit it . "
She sniffled slightly as the urge to both laugh and cry passed somewhat. "Sorry if it scared you, I was just so shocked..."
Jon snorted, "See baby? I told ya I hadn't done anything bad."
"I guess I should say I'm sorry too for jumping to conclusions " Geena admitted " Just last time-- well you gotta admit -- doing something sweet wow Richie you maybe rubbing off on the grouch "
Richie snorted "Never thought I see the day should we mark the calendar and sorry bro "
Jon's hand came up as he offered Richie the one fingered salute. "Next thing you know she'll be crying over that ice cream you keep going on about."
Richie muttered, "It was taco's this time."
Bri glanced up at Richie, her lower lip started to quiver, "I knew you hated doing that!!"
Jon tugged Geena to the door and out before it started. "Doubt me again...." He glanced at Geena and started to laugh, "Hows about you and me go find a way to kill time til sound check Gorgeous?"
Even when he is being a nice guy Jon still gets shit for it lol. I had to laugh when Richie called Bri " a leaky faucet" sure hope the hormones settle soon.
ReplyDelete