Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chapter 135

Jon sat at the table with his morning coffee going through a stack of paperwork when he came across their marriage certificate. They had been so busy he had completely forgotten to file it away safely . "Shit," he muttered to himself when Geena's birthday caught his attention.  He did a quick glance back at his sleeping wife. "Why the  fuck didn't she tell me her birthday was in about 2 weeks.. Hell she hasn't told me anything about herself. " He muttered to himself as he stood up grasping the paper tightly in one hand. "But I do know someone who knows her secrets. " Walking over to G he kissed her forehead before heading out the door and down to Richie and Bri's room .


Bri hummed as she moved around their suite. She actually felt half decent this morning, not even the first hint of morning sickness. She'd had a craving though, oddly enough this early on, for tacos no less. She smiled as she remembered Richie's surprised look when she'd asked him to get her tacos. Of course it was the one thing the hotel didn't really offer, especially at eight in the morning.
  

She moved to settle herself on the couch, tv remote in hand when a knock started rattling her door. Shaking her head she walked over and twisted the knob, her eyes going wide at who stood on the other side. "Morning' Jon, what brings you here?"  She stopped and thought it over. Jon always wanted to work out super early if Geena had had a bad night. It had almost become routine for him to steal Richie away for a run or a session on the weights if he had a case of the blue balls. Stuffing back a smile, her head shaking she murmured, "Rich isn't here if you wanted to work out, but he'll be back in a few minutes I hope."

"Mornin' Bri, no its not Rich I wanted to see. Its you. Can we talk?" Jon stepped into the room and headed over to the couch.

She forced a smile to her face as she stepped aside to usher him in. What the fuck have I done this time? I haven't even spoken to him in a couple of days. "Umm, sure, come on in. I can call down for coffee if you want?"

"Sure that be great. Thanks. I wanted to talk to you about G, " he replied as he settled himself on the couch.


She lifted the phone, calling down to room service quickly before turning to him. "What about G?"

"Well I was going through some paperwork when I came across our marriage certificate and noticed her birthday is coming up. Shit Bri, I didn't know her birthday was this close. Why wouldn't she tell me? Hell I don't know anything about her. " Jon replied frustratedly as he ran his hands through his hair. "Hell, I can tell you every spot on her body thats..." He glanced up to Bri's blush and chortled, "Ok so not what you want to hear. Point is, I know things, but not everything. I need to know, I want to know but she...."

She tilted her head, studying him quietly for a moment, "No offense, but you aren't the easiest son of a gun to talk to at times, even for a wife. Especially when that wife is Geena, whose been through..." She sighed exasperatedly as the knock came to the door again. "One moment."
  

She moved to the door and opened it, smiling at the waiter as he pushed the cart in. Signing the ticket, she nodded and turned to pour a couple of cups of coffee.
  

"See, when she was little her parents were, well lackadaisical about raising her. I don't think they ever celebrated her birthday at all, or any holiday for that matter. When I met her, it seemed so odd. I'd be all excited about my party, or the next holiday, and she was like so?"

 "The longer I came to know her to more I realized that although they were nice folks they were just bad parents. Swore then she'd never do without on her day, or a holiday. No matter what was going on in my life, I made it a point to find her on at least her birthday. I guess," She glanced at Jon, "she still doesn't think to even mention it."

Jon shot her an astonished look,  "Not once at all? How could they do that ? " Jon reached up for the cup of coffee she offered and nodded as his thoughts whirled. Damn I'm gone alot  but I always make a point to call or fly in on my kids birthdays.His heart hurt for the pain and loneliness his wife must have felt growing up.

"I don't know, maybe that chromosome was missing? I just know I'd go over on her birthday and they'd be off for the weekend. Hell Jon, I had to drag her home to spend the night more than I'd like to admit too because they left her there alone. Even at six years old."

"You got to be kidding me? At six years old? She was just a fuckin' baby, you don't leave babies alone, " Jon growled.

She took a sip of her coffee and shrugged, "not everyone can be like you or Richie, who make it a point to be there. There are people out there......"  Her words trailed off a moment. There was just no way to explain it, and the angry look in his eyes spoke volumes. "I wanted to just, I don't know, brain them with a pot so many times, but they were the ADULTS you know? But its why she is as strong as she is too."

"That's why the public affection means so much to her, " Jon replied as he thought about when he had come close in losing her for being his stubborn closed off self.  'Now I see why you mean so much to her too."

She nodded, "Yeah we'll she's paid me back in spades many a time over the years. If it wasn't for her..." She shivered, her eyes closing as she remembered the final days of Jared. "I almost died, it was G that got me away." She looked up, a tiny smile forming on her lips, "And its why I said I'd snatch you bald or cut off that wonderful appendage Geena seems to adore, if you hurt her."

Jon smirked "I learned my lesson I won't ever hurt her again and not  just at the prospect of losing an important part of my body but because I love her. I don't deserve her, I know that, but I'm so grateful to have her." Jon paused for a moment. "We have to do something special for her birthday. What would she like," He asked the question as he sipped his coffee, the heat of it helping with the chill this thoughts of Geena's parents had given him.

She winced and took a deep breath, knowing her next words might get the sharp edge of his tongue, or at the least the stink eye. "To be acknowledged."

Jon couldn't even get angry with that because she was right."Okay then that's what I'll do." He thought for a moment his brain running through all sorts of ways to give Geena what she needed. " Besides you and Carly who are her  closest friends ? "


She thought it over a moment, which girls were the closest, and winced. "You may not want to hear this, but before I ask, I gotta ask why."


I wanna have a surprise party for her. Her Birthday falls on the St Paul show. Maybe I could invite some of her friends to the show then after have a party for her. I need to know who is close to her so they can be there. I called Dot today and talked to her about G and asked if Steph and Romeo can come out for a show on my birthday too. She seemed happy about me finding someone, hell she even mentioned she was seeing someone now as well. Dot agreed to let Steph and Romeo come to DC," Jon rambled. He had been nervous to show her to the world because he liked to keep that part of his life private but if this is what she craved then he would shout it from the mountain tops.

She started to laugh, "You asked for it buddy. Goddess, I think shes in the east somewhere,  then there's Judy shes in South Africa, and Bets, shes in Ohio, and Dana she's out West." She studied him a moment, "Those are the more restrained girls, the non kool-aid girls who are more like me and G than you might like."
  

"These girls won't go running off at the mouth after they leave here would they? " Jon asked a bit unsure

"No more than usual. You can't expect them not to talk about seeing a concert, or meeting you, but will they be nuts about it? I don't think so."

"Well hell, I know they would discuss that. I meant would they talk about the more personal information . I know both of you were good about keeping all this," he waved his hand around, " secret. But  can they? "

She wasn't sure to be honest, but she'd like to think they would. "I would hope so Jon, but I will not swear to it."
  

"You think this is what Geena would want? " Jon asked the question as he continued sipping his coffee. "What better way to fully acknowledge her than to introduce her to her friends as my wife?"

She nodded, "I think it wouldn't hurt Jon. To be proud of her in front of her friends, or even YOUR fans. I think its important to her yes."

"I am proud of her. Not too many could put up with my shit and still wanna be with me, " Jon admitted. "That is one of the many reasons I love her . I know I don't show her enough. I really want your opinion Bri. And no I wont get shitty so be honest. " Jon winced and leaned back, ready for her to fire at him with both barrels like she had done in the past.

She watched him quietly for a few moments, unsure of exactly what to say. "You've been doing better, I mean hell you came to ask ME about things. Just get her to talk, show you actually might be interested in more than your day to day stuff."

"How do I get her to talk when she wont talk about her past or anything about her? How do I get her to open up ? I never realized I didn't know anything about my wife until I found this. " Jon held up the  certificate.

She stared at him, her eyes wide as laughter erupted from her soul. "you're Jon Bon freaking Jovi, you can talk the pants off a manikin. Jesus, lose that silver tongue suddenly?"

"You realize we are talking about my wife here, where the charm doesn't fly all that much with her unless its leading to some action in bed right? " Jon smirked as Bri blushed again. Fuck if he didn't like that, he could still make her blush even when she was giving it too him with guns a blazing.

She took a deep breath and willed the heat away from her cheeks as she quipped. "Now you're thinking Jonny boy, a little wooing goes a long way, or rather," She waggled her brows, "the threat of the lack thereof."


Jon flicked up an eyebrow and a smile spread across his face. " Why Sabrina are you suggesting I withhold sex from my wife to get her to talk to me?"

She leaned back, her hand moving to set the cup on the coffee table before lacing over her tummy. "Damn straight. Fight fire with fire."
  

"You are evil Bri . I better get back before she wakes up and wonders where I took off too. " Jon stood up and walked to the door, then turned to look back at his wife's best friend.  "Oh Bri this is a secret. You can't tell G what I have planned, its a surprise . And Thanks for your help."

She squeaked as she stood to walk to the door with him. "Not a word? God ask me for the impossible already." At his bland stare she groaned, "Okay,Okay, I'll do it. But if she kills me I'm coming after you."



He snorted and opened the door to walk out and as he did she turned to move back into the room as it hit her fully. He'd come to her for advice? Woman advice? True Geena was her best friend, but he, the oh so mighty Jon Bongiovi, never asked shit from anyone,and he'd asked her? She whistled slightly as she started to laugh. The worlds coming to an end! He didn't bite my head off, he asked me about G! She slumped to the couch, the laughter non stopping as tears began to form in her eyes as she whispered to herself. "He asked me?"

Jon walked down the hall and paused outside his room and smiled Should have went to her sooner dumb ass.He walked into his rooms as the plans began to form. It was time for Geena to meet the family head on.

1 comment:

  1. Jon don't terrify your wife by throwing the family at her in one shot, baby steps. I do think it is past time for Jon to sit down and get to know his wife. Simple things but things that are important to Geena. Things that made Geena who she is today. Geena get ready for one helluva surprise lol.

    ReplyDelete