Geena sat on the floor pounding on her shins in frustration "Damnt Bri why ? " She cursed then stood up and punched the wall . They had never fought before but then she was with the almighty perfect Richie Sambora so now she was nothng more than an after thought .
She walked over to the pillows on the couch, tossing them in a pent up anger. Not caring if they were ripped to shreds. But if she could be honest with herself, her anger wasn't so much directed at Bri as it was her parents two people how now want her in their lives. She started to rip the pillow apart at the mear thought of the conversation that was haunting her since she had seen them. .
He opened the door only to duck suddenly as a pillow whooshed by his head to thud against the wall, pieces of foam gushing from its torn outer covering like a geiser. "What the fuck?"
He stepped into the room, squining at the mayhem he found. cushions were on the floor, fabric from pillows here and there. He closed his eyes, counted to ten and reopened them, hoping he wasn't seeing something he could vaguely remember as an every da thing back in the eighties.
Turning he finally caught wind of Geena, standing next to the corner giving a perfect improvisation of goddess of fury and tears. "Again I say, What the fuck?"
Geena glared at him seething, "Everything just fuckin' everything! " her chest rising and falling rapidly.
He stepped over to her reaching out to pull her into his arms. Damn if the Hormone police weren't raging today it seemed. Holding her close, his head dipped to whisper a slight kiss along her cheek. "Aww Babe, what's wrong?"
"Bri , my parents everything. " Geena cried, her face buried into his shoulder.
His brow wrinkled in thought. Her parents? they hadn't been in her life in years according to Sabrina. Pulling back a moment he studied her. "Lets go with the easy one. What did poor Bri do?"
Geena hiccuped "It ties together I needed to talk to her this week and she never returned my calls , I -- I saw my parents in NY and -- " the tears flowed harder and faster , her voice lost, the pain clutching her chest like a vice grip.
He heard the pain in her voice, mixed with an anger that he'd never seen in her before. Pulling her to the couch he settled himself, tugging her into his lap. "You're usually pretty cool about the parent's Geena, what the hell? How'd you run into them?"
She swallowed hard and pulled back trying to compose herself enough to speak , Bri threw at her she needed to talk to her husband maybe she needed to trust him with this part of herself, . The part of herself she hated and buried so far so she wouldn't feel . "My parents I saw them while I was out shopping the day you were with your kids. They all of a sudden want something to do with me go figure "
"Did they explain why?"
'Oh, they said they been looking for me. " Geena huffed and with a roll of her eyes continued " and said they heard I got remarried, I have no idea how they found that out since we haven't spoken to anyone about it . But they wanna meet you and be a part of my life again blah blah where were they when I did need them. " She rubbed her temples, trying to sooth the headache that was building away.
He frowned slightly, "They want back into your life because you're with me? How the fuck did they find out?"
"I have no fucking clue . I was as stunned as you are. " Geena answered, shaking her head in disbelief.
He studied her for a moment, "Who the fuck? It's not been in the news or yellow rags, it's not been on TV. How the fuckin' hell did they know about us?" He shivered a moment, "They don't go to concerts?"
"I never known them too but -- who knows? her eyes widened as a thought struck her, “Oh fuck! they do have contact with Jared,they love him. "
"FUCK!" He slid her to the couch beside him as he stood and started to pace. "They the type to like psychotics?"
"They never saw him like that, I was the bad daughter they never wanted. So he became the son they always wanted."
"That why you so mad at Bri? Did they say anything..." His voice trailed off as she stiffened, "Baby what do you mean you needed her and she wasn't there?"
"I called her the moment I saw them left tons of messages none returned She didn't care. " Geena pouted almost in a childlike way.
He moved too her and knelt down, his hand cupping her chin. "Now you know that's not true. She adores you Geena."
"Bullshit she didn't once check her messages , I was there for Jared and she couldn't do the same for me so rapped up in Richie that she doesn't care anymore. “ Geena replied stubbornly.
His head shook at the rancor in her voice. "Baby, you don't really think that? Hell even we had the phones off for the week, why is she committing a sin to do the same? We both needed a little honeymoon time. Are you really mad AT her, or just taking out your anger ON her because you can, because you know she'll just take it considering who she is?"
Geena sighed, her anger cooling,as she listened to her husband then replied sadly." You're right I guess. Just I was there for her and now its all about Richie and Fuck I'm angry with myself too I was mean. "
He couldn't help but smile just a little. She was jealous of Richie. She'd had Bri's friendship for so long, had been the only one Bri relied on, and now Bri had Richie, she felt threatened. "Baby, do you really think its all about him? Just because she wanted her little honeymoon too?" His hands raked through his hair, "seems to me your a little jealous that she has someone other than you now, maybe? And why angry at yourself? How were you mean?"
Could she be jealous? was that it ? She thought to herself. " Cuz for one, I didn't trust you enough to tell you about a part of me that hurts . two, I didn't tell my parents to fuck off and three.. " She paused, " I was fucking mean to Bri ." She glanced down afraid to catch his reaction .
Shit. He coughed to cover his slight open mouthed reaction. "Now that don't seem possible. How were you mean?"
'You don't wanna know I am too ashamed to even say it . My temper got the better of me and well she told me I been taking lessons from you. " Geena kept her gaze down on the floor, the look of shame coating her beautiful brown eyes.
What the hell did that mean? He stood moved to sit beside her again, trying to push down the frustration her round and round explanation was doing. "Lessons from me? You can't sing worth a damn."
She took a deep breath and recalled their whole fight then when she finished she stood, her shoulders hunched down as she walked slowly over to the balcony and guiltily waited for his reaction.
"You actually said Richie was like her ex? Baby how could you? Richie cherishes a woman. All because she didn't dance to your tune fast enough?" He sighed and leaned back, his arm moving to rest on the back of the couch. "How often has she not been there for you? Hmmm?"
"I know it just spewed out of my mouth before I could stop it . " Geena answered quietly her hand running over the glass door .
He stood and walked too her, arms going around her as his hands rested lightly on her tummy. Resting his chin on her head he sighed. He'd sworn Bri to silence about the party, he couldn't say too much or the surprise would be shit. "I'm sure she understands honey."
'I doubt it I was cruel I never been like that , what is wrong with me ? I saw my parents and all shit went to hell in a hand-basket . I don't deserve anything I have least of all her friendship "
"Sure you do. More than most. You didn't have it easy growing up, and I want you to tell me more about that. Besides, she doesn't strike me as the type to stick without someone too long if they don't deserve a good friend. Hell just look at how she was with me in the beginning."
'What's there to tell ? I had no childhood , no birthdays no Christmas's hell I had to learn to cook at a young age . I was just fortunate I had a roof over my head and they didn't take that from me too . No new clothes , " Geena nibbled on her lip, reliving the painful memories of her past.
"They won't get near you now baby, and you'll have all of that and more. We'll just have to give you your childhood." At her quizzical look he laughed, "You'll experience it from the other end of the tunnel, as an adult. You won't do to my kids or our kid, what was done to you."
'I think that is why I wanted to be a mom so badly but what if I do what if I turn out like them . And why now do they want to be in my life ? My mom was all giddy about a grandchild. " Geena rolled her eyes " I so wanted to scream at her hence why Bri got it . I couldn't tell you and Bri wasn't there it built up no excuse I know but... "
He hugged her tighter, "We both know why she's giddy, she thinks she's gonna get close to the money, but i have lawyers, and they'll be getting a call in the mornin baby."
He turned her to look at him, his thumbs swiping at the tears still lingering on her eyelashes. "Now lets dry those up and get ready to go to the arena, we'll clear the air with Bri there. Okay?"
"You know it ain't about the money for me right? You do know that right. " Geena asked nervously she didn't want him to think she was like them. "I don't think she will forgive me ' she added turning to go through her clothes for tonight's show .
He followed her into the bedroom chuckling, "If it were about the money, you would have never made it past the hotel hallway the day we met you. Don't worry about that at least."
"Thank you cuz you could be dirt poor and I would love you. " She stopped to face him. 'Thank you for loving me -- fuck there I go again "
He started to laugh then swatted your ass, "What can I say? We're geniuses baby."
"There goes the ego again." Geena groaned but with a smile, "What should I wear tonight ? All black for when Richie finds out I'm dead. "
"He's not that bad baby. Remember he's on hormone patrol too."
"Yea but when it comes to her he is like a mother bear with her cubs . Hormonal or not ? Geena paused at the retort, shooting Jon a sharp glare . “Wait is that what you are calling us now ? "
He snorted, "Inside the band the Tour name has been changed." He took a step back holding his hands out in a don't kill me waggle, "Its been dubbed the Diapers and Tears tour."
He grunted as she elbowed him, "Hell some of the crew wanted to rename us to the Hormone Police. Go hurt them I told them to shut the fuck up, that it was the...." He paused for effect, "Horney Hormonals."
"Oh really now, are you sure you ain’t one of them who started it? But good at covering your ass.” " Geena paused hands on her hips " As for the horny part, pregnancy isn’t the cause for that you are. All you have to do is walk by and I wanna hump your leg. “
He swooped in and plastered a kiss to her stunned into silence lips. "Be sure to keep it like that."
'You don't ever have to worry 'bout that. "Geena muttered against his lips her arms slipped around his neck "Question is would you still want to do this when I am big as a house? “
"Fuck yeah." He winked as a grin slid onto his lips, "I hear its good exercise among other things."
"Baby if we exercise anymore the doctor is gonna wander why I don't gain weight" Geena smirked.
He laughed as he stepped towards the bathroom to shower. "Maybe we should put out an exercise Vid, "Jovi Aerobics, Just fuck it off."
Geena snorted "You realize what my girls would pay to see you nekkid ? "
He stopped and turned back around, unable to repress the shiver, "You know how much I'd pay to be able to run fast enough to get away?"
'Oh don't you worry, I got your back. They ain't seeing what is mine ? " Geena grabbed her clothes and walked up behind him slipping her arms around his waist letting her hand travel to cup his crotch " All mine they just have to use their imagination. "
He shucked his clothes, trying to not shiver again as he stepped beneath the scalding hot spray. "Just hope they aren't as accurate as you three were."
Geena raised an eyebrow "What you mean? You ain't gonna ever meet them what you so worried about ? " She asked while sliding out her clothes then stepped in behind him in the shower.
He shut up and stuck his head under the spray, letting the water garble his words, "Just supposing wife."
Geena laughed "You so sound cavemanish when you do that. " running her hands over his back, massaging his trouble spots . "I was thinking maybe I should stay here -- I know Rich is gonna be angry and I'm not sure I wanna face Bri yet . "
He twisted, grabbing her hands as he gave her a very light stink eye. "You are not fuckin' hiding here in the suite during the concert woman, NOT Today! hear me?"
Geena's mouth dropped, he was angry but why ? " What is so important about today? "
He thought hard and fast as he pulled her closer, "Not a damn thing, except I want you there. You aren't a chicken, you admitted being wrong about what you said, so you'll face what happens. I want yo there babe. That's all."
"I'm there all the time though.'' he shot her another look, "Ok ok I'll go but if they kill me remember I love you. "
He chuckled as he finished showering. "I'll remember that." He winked as his finger slipped up to tap at his lips, "If they kill me remember I love you. Now THAT'S a title."
Geena burst into a fit of giggles " Do I get credit for the name if its a hit ? "
"I'll think on it."
'Sure steal my idea . See how you are. " Geena said rinsing her hair , then reaching out of the shower for a towel as she stepped out
He quickly dried and dressed before moving to the dresser to scoop up whatever items he was taking to the arena with him. "Remember, heads up, watch carefully and if shit starts flying duck."
"Got it but I should say you should duck too , two hormonal women goin' at it. " Geena shook her head "Maybe I should just stand there and take it " she dressed , pulling her hair into a ponytail .
"Then I'd have to step in and I'd go on stage all beat up. Fans might not like that."
'Lets go get this over with and then I can forget all about today ever existed " Geena muttered softly as she grabbed her bag and walked out the door. .She had completely forgotten her birthday not that it would have mattered . She probably lost her best friend and rightfully so .
He had to keep quiet, it would ruin all the plans, but if anyone asked him, this one day had become a best day ever. She had been born, and somehow fate had brought her too him. He was one lucky son of a bitch if there ever was one.
Tour Itinerary
-
*Bon Jovi Circle Tour One-Off/Promotion Shows*
October 22, 2009 East Rutherford, NJ: New Meadowlands Stadium
November 11, 2009 ~ NYC: Rockefeller Center
No...
15 years ago
So cool!!!! Y'all are finally back to posting again?! I gotta start back at the beginning though cause I don't remember all of it. Geez, this seems like a whole other life ago!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well again!!!! And Tre you seriously need to update Keepin' the faith!!! C'mon!!!! You know I've been hooked on it & you haven't posted in ages!!! Don't make me call you & hound you!!! Lmao
Miss ya girls so much!!!!
xoxo sissy452 ~Stacey
I lost this story for ages and have spent the last 3 days catching up. Need more have to find out what Jared is up to, he has been to quiet , what about Geena's parents I feel there is more to them.
ReplyDeleteHow will Bri accept Geena's apology.
Hurry back
Y
I too went back for highlights and am very happy to see you posting again.
ReplyDelete